• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ascended Athena Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Been talking with other supporters about how this was never really addressed so might as well give it a shot.

To keep things short, Athena (or at least her Ascended state) should be upgraded to Low Complex Multiverse level.

Because of her sacrifice to save Zeus, she had ascended to a higher level of existence and gained higher power, having ascended to a higher plane than everyone else in all the pantheons and belief systems.

I say all pantheons because the interview where Cory Barlog confirms her power being superior to everyone else doesn't make any distinctions between pantheons (not to mention the interview is after 2018 was released and confirmed all the other myths). Not to mention the fact that all the pantheons exist within the same level of existence so to speak and can be travelled between all the same for those who have the proper methods.

Said pantheons are in of themselves, self-contained multiverses with space-time continuums as well as entities who're in and of themselves 4-dimensional and on the scale of whole realities, such as Ymir, whom Athena would also be beyond. There are of course a vast number of such space-times as everything from mythological belief systems (including even Judeo-Christianity), to Arthurian legend exists in the setting and would exist as its own reality.

Also, minor tangent but the comparison made by Cory is actually quite fitting in that the gods, whose scale of power is on the level of entire space-time continuums would be corrupted by it and Athena, a normally selfless being, would be in turn corrupted by having the same superiority to the gods and pantheons as they do humans.

Of course, the only character who would scale to her is Kratos' Power of Hope key.

Agree: 37 (KLOL506, Marvel_Champion_07, Zaratthustra, LordGriffin1000, Maverick_Zero_X, Theglassman12, KingTempest, Emirp sumitpo, LordTracer, LuffyRuffy46307, Gasper, RaveeCPN, Quantu, Quintessence_PE, Robo, Georredannea15, Rikimarox2, Roirr, Eseseso, Hasty12345, Reiner, Prince of Pein (Possibly Low 1-C), NHTKenshin2, omegabronic, Ped2018, Diamentus, Akagami_Shanks1, ThanatosX, Zamasu Chan, Malekith, TheGod, Deceived3596, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Larssx, RoTr35, Phutharet27, chosen)

Disagree: 5 (Celestial_Pegasus, ImmortalDread, TheGreatJedi13, Nostredam, Sniper670)

Neutral: 1 (DarkDragonMedeus)

Last edited:
Was that erased? Our.
Nah, it's just that Cory Barlog loves deactivating his account on a whim and then reactivating. But it's definitely true, hell, GoW3 was supposed to end with all the mythologies collapsing on each other and paving the way for Christianity with Kratos serving as the basis for the three wise men, it's what Bit of War is based on.

Ultimately however, Kratos and Athena are the only survivors and the Norse Duology confirms the belief systems to all coexist having their own separate creation stories.

It would be nice, but if it wasn't done in a careful way, I think it would be a problem... (more with Hinduism)
Aye, people can get really pissy about that stuff. But anyway, that's not even the point of all this. The belief systems are as strong as the other pantheons in GoW unless they got feats for themselves, we don't scale them to the IRL thing.

The only real scaling I can think of for Fear Zeus is him resisting multiple attacks from PoH Kratos as said under his durability section, but that's it
kratos was going to attack athena with the olympus sword, so doesn't it make sense to make the olympus sword low1c too? for this reason, I think we can take zeus low1c too
Kratos had the Power of Hope when wielding the sword

kratos was going to attack athena with the olympus sword, so doesn't it make sense to make the olympus sword low1c too? for this reason, I think we can take zeus low1c too
Yeah no, lemme quash some misconceptions.

The Blade of Olympus on its own is 2-C, but it grows more powerful depending on the wielder.

Kratos was feigning murderous intent against Ascended Athena by channeling Hope through the sword, but it's still 100% his own power and not that of the Blade. As one can see, the Blade was deprived of its powers in GoW3 when it stopped lighting up without either Kratos or Zeus wielding it as a conduit of their own power, whereas in GoW2 it would still remain lit up on its own with no outside intervention.

So no, Blade of Olympus on its own would not be Low 1-C, that's 100% Hope Kratos lunging at Athena.

The only real scaling I can think of for Fear Zeus is him resisting multiple attacks from PoH Kratos as said under his durability section, but that's it
Not even close. Once Kratos grabbed Zeus and choke slammed him, Fear was like "**** this shit I'm out". Fear has absolutely no grounds to scale to Hope.

Kratos had the Power of Hope when wielding the sword
Yeah, pretty much.

I'm talking about the final scene where he takes the olympus sword and threatens, not the scene where he kills
We're talking about the same scene. Kratos channeled Hope through the Blade to threaten to kill Athena, only to then kill himself with it instead. It's 100% his own power, not the Blade's. The Blade is nothing more than an empty hunk of metal at that point which serves only as a conduit to channel Kratos' godly powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back