• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ascended Athena Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking about the same scene. Kratos channeled Hope through the Blade. It's 100% his own power, not the Blade's. The Blade is nothing more than an empty hunk of metal at that point which serves only as a conduit to channel Kratos' godly powers.
He thought I was talking about the scene where Kratos kills Athena. That's not what I was talking about.

He thought I was talking about the scene where Kratos kills Athena. That's not what I was talking about.
I knew you weren't talking about the GoW2 scene where Athena gets gaped (Kratos doesn't even have Hope yet at that point LMAO), but rather the GoW3 ending where Kratos pretends to strike Athena only to purposefully miss and then stab himself with it instead to deny Athena the Power of Hope.

So what about Fear Zeus taking many hits from Hope Kratos?

His AP should by no means scale, but maybe his durability?

I knew you weren't talking about the GoW2 scene where Athena gets gaped (Kratos doesn't even have Hope yet at that point LMAO), but rather the GoW3 ending where Kratos pretends to strike Athena only to purposefully miss and then stab himself with it instead to deny Athena the Power of Hope.
Well, he does. He has it from GOW 1.

Yeah like, fear zeus literally survived multiple attacks from hope kratos.
He was literally helpless to do anything against Kratos and was forced back into Zeus' body. That's literally the same as getting beat down by someone magnitudes stronger than you and still surviving, but at the end of the day you're not doing shit to the opposing force and it might as well be a bully-fest. That's not grounds for scaling at all, and with this CRT that justification for Fear Zeus dies a painful death.

Also, wasn't Athena corrupted by the Great Evil of Greed by the end of the game?

Just asking since the OP mentions something about the Gods (including Athena) being corrupted but by different things.

He was literally helpless to do anything against Kratos and was forced back into Zeus' body. That's literally the same as getting beat down by someone magnitudes stronger than you and still surviving, but at the end of the day you're not doing shit to the opposing force and it might as well be a bully-fest. That's not grounds for scaling at all, and with this CRT that justification for Fear Zeus dies a painful death.
Still wouldn't make sense for a 2-C to survive even 1 hit from a super-bloodlusted Low 1-C.

Well, he does. He has it from GOW 1.
He can't access it up until the very end of GoW3. The amount he used was a tiny sliver of it against Ares which is definitely not the level we see in GoW3. Athena blatantly states it was locked inside him under his layers of guilt, until Pandora happened in the final fight and allowed him to unleash its true might on Zeus.

2-C and low 1-C are literally separated by the whole infinite gap. Surviving just one such attack is more than enough.

Last edited:
He can't access it up until the very end of GoW3. The amount he used was a tiny sliver of it against Ares which is definitely not the level we see in GoW3. Athena blatantly states it was locked inside him under his layers of guilt, until Pandora happened in the final fight and allowed him to unleash its true might on Zeus.
I know, i was just correcting you.

Also, wasn't Athena corrupted by the Great Evil of Greed by the end of the game?
No, the higher power did.

Still wouldn't make sense for a 2-C to survive even 1 hit from a super-bloodlusted Low 1-C.
We see Tier 7 characters give Tier 8 peeps beatdowns all the time without vaporizing them, nothing new.

2-C and low 1-C are literally separated by the whole infinite pag. Survival just one such attack is more than enough.
Nope, Fear Zeus literally got hurled back into his physical form and was unable to hold up at all, that is absolutely not grounds for scaling at all. It'd literally be the same as an 8-A barely surviving a beatdown from a 7-A character, with the 8-A character being unable to do squat to the 7-A character.

No, the higher power did.

We see Tier 7 characters give Tier 8 peeps beatdowns all the time without vaporizing them, nothing new.

Nope, Fear Zeus literally got hurled back into his physical form and was unable to hold up at all, that is absolutely not grounds for scaling at all. It'd literally be the same as an 8-A barely surviving a beatdown from a 7-A character, with the 8-A character being unable to do squat to the 7-A character.
But comparing 8-A and 7-A character with low 1-C is cringe though

Agree with Ascended Athena and Kratos being Low 1-C, but Fear Zeus should undoubtley have that rating too, althought he would massively downscale from baseline.
The difference between 2-A and Low 1-C is infinite, that's the requirement to be Tier 1 in the first place. A 2-A character would never be able to survive even a single hit from a Low 1-C, because the difference between their level of power is infinite. Comparing this to a 8-A barely surviving hits from a 7-A is extremely wrong, because the difference between 8-A and 7-A is still quantifiable, meanwhile the difference between 2-A (in this case 2-C which makes it even worse), and Low 1-C is infinite, unquantifiable.
At worst, Fear Zeus could scale to Low 1-C durability (downscaling from the Low 1-C PoH Kratos) while his AP would still be 2-C.

Again, Fear Zeus has absolutely no grounds to scale, he was literally helpless against Kratos and was ultimately forced back into his own physical body, after which, a single choke-slam from Kratos caused Fear to just bail immediately. There's no case for even a downscale to be pulled off in any consequential manner.

Shouldn't we at least put a possibly rating on his durability tho? Because it is impossible for a 2-C character to survive many L1-C attacks.

This is directly against wiki standards
No, because Fear Zeus was legit helpless against Kratos in any sense of the word to even try and muster an attempt and was ultimately hurled back into Zeus' physical body, with a final choke-slam being more than enough to make Fear go "Nah fam, this is all on you, I'mma bail".

8-A and 7-A have finite spaces.

2-C and Low 1-C have what? Two infinites? This comparison makes no sense.
The logic is this: You can't scale to a dude you can literally do nothing against but the dude themselves can beat the ever-loving crap out of you without you ever being able to lift up a finger. This works for all tiers. Guess I worded it poorly. It'd be the same as surviving an attack with massive body damage that leaves you crippled and unable to even get back up, you won't scale to it.

No, because Fear Zeus was legit helpless against Kratos in any sense of the word to even try and muster an attempt.

The logic is this: You can't scale to a dude you can literally do nothing against but the dude themselves can beat the ever-loving crap out of you without you ever being able to lift up a finger. This works for all tiers. It'd be the same as surviving an attack with massive body damage, you won't scale to it.
That means your AP doesn't scale, but what about durability?

I just watched the end of GOW 3, and yes, Fear Zeus couldn't do anything against Hope Kratos. But like, Hope Kratos landed nearly 10 Fear Zeus strikes (or more) before he backed off. Why not scale for durability?

think more should scale tho, Athena's entire plot in GoWIII is her trying to get kratos to kill Zeus which implies she can't do it by herself

but count me as agreed.

No, because Fear Zeus was legit helpless against Kratos in any sense of the word to even try and muster an attempt.
I don't agree that this is a reason not to scale him to L1-C. But I'm not going to go any further on this because I think it would take CRT a bit off topic. How about saving this for another thread if this CRT is accepted?

He got beat up. He couldn't even slightly budge Kratos when he through an all out punch. And the one time Kratos landed a direct hit with his fists, Fear dissipated.

Like, it's just the game being a game at this point that Zeus lasted that long.

But regardless, his scaling or not isn't that relevant to the thread.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

This means Kratos loses his "conceptual invulnerability" as Zeus inability to harm him would come from his low 1C durability rather than some Invulnerability

Fear zeus surviving is enough for a rating. Like guys come on 2-C vs Low 1-C would not take more than 1 punch
By that logic characters losing limbs to a Tier 1 explosion and barely surviving would be grounds to give them a tier. WHICH IT ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT.

I don't agree that this is a reason not to scale him to L1-C. But I'm not going to go any further on this because I think it would take CRT a bit off topic. How about saving this for another thread if this CRT is accepted?
No. There is zero ground for that to go through. Period.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

This means Kratos loses his "conceptual invulnerability" as Zeus inability to harm him would come from his low 1C durability rather than some Invulnerability
Fair point but that's whatever. Not the point of the thread. We can get rid of it 2 days after if this gets approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back