• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ascended Athena Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
think more should scale tho, Athena's entire plot in GoWIII is her trying to get kratos to kill Zeus which implies she can't do it by herself
Yeah no I'm just gonna be blunt and firm, there is literally nothing in the narrative that indicates as such. Cory verbatim puts her above everyone else and calls her arc by far the most important one in all of GoW3.

He got beat up. He couldn't even slightly budge Kratos when he through an all out punch. And the one time Kratos landed a direct hit with his fists, Fear dissipated.

Like, it's just the game being a game at this point that Zeus lasted that long.

But regardless, his scaling or not isn't that relevant to the thread.
Deadass. Like, I'm literally starting to question at this point if Zeus taking that many hits is just plain game mechanics at this point, because if Kratos killed Zeus in physical form again, Fear would spring out to fight him, but with the final choke-slam, Fear ran for its own collective life.

Deadass. Like, I'm literally starting to question at this point if Zeus taking that many hits is just plain game mechanics at this point, because if Kratos killed Zeus in physical form again, Fear would spring out to fight him, but with the final choke-slam, Fear ran for its own collective life.
That makes the most sense, ngl.

It's like how Cyclops can destroy shit GoW3 Kratos can't.

No tier 1 expert. but not not seeing Low 1-C.
Athena just exists on a higher plane than everyone else, not seeing any R>F, or perceiving everything as infinitesimal.
R>F on its own doesn't mean much to grant Tier 1. It's just one way to get there but it on its own ain't enough nor do you actually need that to enter Tier 1.

She has the existential statements and the transcendence statements (Which would qualify for the dimensionality stuff), plus the higher power statements (which would qualify for qualitative superiority).

No tier 1 expert. but not not seeing Low 1-C, unless I am missing something.

Athena just exists on a higher plane than everyone else, not seeing any R>F, or perceiving everything as infinitesimal.
The main basis of the upgrade is that this plain is qualitatively superior to the world as a whole, given that it grants her power beyond everyone in the physical world and that would include every pantheon, legend and story that exists, as its own reality or set of realities. Even the Yggdrasil, which is infinitely larger than even other space-time continuums is counted as beneath her and on a lower plane of existence and power than her.

And her power wasn't really comprehensible to Kratos anymore, who's capable of sensing the power level and lethality of any being or weapon he comes across.

Of course, I'll add you to disagree.

R>F on its own doesn't mean much to grant Tier 1. It's just one way to get there but it on its own ain't enough nor do you actually need that to enter Tier 1.

She has the existential statements and the transcendence statements (Which would qualify for the dimensionality stuff), plus the higher power statements (which would qualify for qualitative superiority).
That's it though? Just existing above 4-D and you get 5-D, that seems oddly lax, I don't remember 5-D as defined by the wiki being that easy to get.

There are other ways to get it besides R>F, having multiple temporal axes, having space-time being an extremely small part of a larger one, brane cosmological, but this...

Again no expert, but still.

That's it though? Just being above 4-D and you get 5-D, that seems oddly lax, I don't remember 5-D as defuned by the wiki being that easy to get.
Unironically, you just need qualitative superiority stuff and statements that this superiority grants higher power than the lower realm as well.

There are other ways to get it besides R>F, having multiple temporal axes, having space-time being a small part of a larger one, brand cosmological, but this...
And the above, provided the smaller cosmological portions are already established.

That's it though? Just being above 4-D and you get 5-D, that seems oddly lax, I don't remember 5-D as defuned by the wiki being that easy to get.
Athena is not only said to be above 4D. There are many other statements. As Planck said, Athena is also beyond a structure like Ygdrassil, which is infinitely bigger than all spacetimes.

That's it though? Just existing above 4-D and you get 5-D, that seems oddly lax, I don't remember 5-D as defined by the wiki being that easy to get.

There are other ways to get it besides R>F, having multiple temporal axes, having space-time being a small part of a larger one, brand cosmological, but this...

Again no expert, but still.
No. As I said, I recommend you to review Cory Barlog's statements, in terms of power and existence, she has ascended to a higher dimensional existence plane beyond the reach, power, thought and perception of 4-D beings. She also states that his appearance in the game is a deception.

He got beat up. He couldn't even slightly budge Kratos when he through an all out punch. And the one time Kratos landed a direct hit with his fists, Fear dissipated.

Like, it's just the game being a game at this point that Zeus lasted that long.

But regardless, his scaling or not isn't that relevant to the thread.
If we want to considering Fear Zeus surviving as a Game mechanic, an Outlier or PIS, than that's fine for me. But just make it clear, even surving a single hit from a Low 1-C would make that character Low 1-C, at least in durability. A character can't be infinitesimally weaker than another and somehow survive an hit from him. It would be like a 10-B surviving a 2-A attack and not scale to that in his durability, it's just impossible. But it's slightly off-topic, so I will drop the argument.

Anyways, it's true that maybe the qualitative superiority is not as clear cut as other verses, but I believe that the statements present in the games and in the interviews should be enough to qualify while looking at them together. Taking them singularly they are vague and wouldn't be enough, but looking at the whole context I believe it's enough at least for a possibly, but I still think a full rating is better.

If we want to considering Fear Zeus surviving as a Game mechanic, an Outlier or PIS, than that's fine for me. But just make it clear, even surving a single hit from a Low 1-C would make that character Low 1-C, at least in durability. A character can't be infinitesimally weaker than another and somehow survive an hit from him. It would be like a 10-B surviving a 2-A attack and not scale to that in his durability, it's just impossible. But it's slightly off-topic, so I will drop the argument.
Yes but this also needs the narrative and context to support the fact that he can survive such a hit. If it's just "he didn't subatomize with a punch is completely dominated", it's not really a solid feat, especially in video games where they still need to have QTEs and dramatic scripted moments.

Im neutral for "gained higher power" part (here her power may also qualitatively transcend others.)
Also I don't see anything except 5D HDE with only higher level of existence statements.
So neutral for now.

Yes but this also needs the narrative and context to support the fact that he can survive such a hit. If it's just "he didn't subatomize with a punch is completely dominated, it's not really a solid feat, especially in video games where they still need to have QTEs and dramatic scripted moments.
Let's not even get to the argument of how Kratos should be one-shotting all the Gods below him given that he stood his ground against GoW2 Zeus before the latter amped himself to crazy levels. By that logic, BoG GoW3 Kratos should be sub-atomizing Poseidon and Hades with a single poke, because GoW2 Zeus was legitimately powerful enough to turn both of his brothers to dust with finger-sized lightning bolts, and Zeus and his brothers were human-sized here.

Cory also states how she effectively became higher than everyone else just mere seconds afterwards, from the 43s part.
Yes, but that might just be a way of saying how much power her has.
I haven't seen much for qualitative but I am neutral after talking to Planck via dm.

So they vote without even reading the scans you put on the OP who doesn't know about the verse. The statements is clear, it's not just an existence, she has power on a higher dimensional plane than that of 4-dimensional beings.
I'm not one to presume they didn't read it without evidence. It's ultimately down to it being sufficient or not. I have better use of my energy to get bogged down in convincing non-evaluating members with one note votes anyway. So, I note it down and move on.

It isn't just about power, she literally became selfless, without form.
Are you talking about her existence or her power?
I still don't think they contain a qualitative transcendence for power
As for her existence, it's definitely 5D, but that's it.

I still don't think they contain a qualitative transcendence for power
If you accept the realm she ascended as 5D, you have to accept the power she has there as 5D too. She is already getting that power from the realm she ascended.

What differentiates Athena's HDE statements from other HDEs is that she "gains a higher power" from where she ascended. And if you take the higher realm she ascended to as 5D, then the "higher power" there should also be 5D, which is what Cory says in the interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back