• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I looked up on anything Guilty Gear related, so I might have to double check on some stuff like that

Ok, I found the piece of arcade dialoge Kenny was talking about. Vampires and similar entities lack IDs (just to catch everyone up to speed, the Backyard is Guilty Gear's higher dimension trope, and it acts a lot like a computer program), and thus kinda exist throughout infinite timelines, but not completely.

For the moment, this power isn't combat applicable, but it'll probably be important when ArcSys inevitably releases the next Another Story DLC. Bedman also gets this ability as well, but I'm not sure if this is meant for when he was alive or as he is in the first Another Story (a.k.a. just "Bed"). We should probably make a 2nd key for Bedman regardless.

For the moment, this power isn't combat applicable, but it'll probably be important when ArcSys inevitably releases the next Another Story DLC. Bedman also gets this ability as well, but I'm not sure if this is meant for when he was alive or as he is in the first Another Story (a.k.a. just "Bed"). We should probably make a 2nd key for Bedman regardless.

When I think about it, I-no technically gets billions of layers above baseline low 1-C since she pulled a low 1-C power bestowal to every being on the planet and time stop neg everyone but axl is the only one to cancel it out. But GG is kinda chopped liver in the spectrum now.

When I think about it, I-no technically gets billions of layers above baseline low 1-C since she pulled a low 1-C power bestowal to every being on the planet and time stop neg everyone but axl is the only one to cancel it out. But GG is kinda chopped liver in the spectrum now.
It's a shame, if only we have the old supporters or have better supporters for the verse on this site

My problem with the low 1-C stuff is that it's oddly boring due to both the nature of VSB's principles and the nature of fighting games as a whole. Most characters stronger than 2-A are a real pain to work with due to the layered AP thing alongside having massive walls of text that aren't actually that intersting to look through. Meanwhile, fighting games place most of their emphasis on direct, physical combat in both mechanics and storytelling , which I usually find more interesting.

My problem with the low 1-C stuff is that it's oddly boring due to both the nature of VSB's principles and the nature of fighting games as a whole. Most characters stronger than 2-A are a real pain to work with due to the layered AP thing alongside having massive walls of text that aren't actually that intersting to look through. Meanwhile, fighting games place most of their emphasis on direct, physical combat in both mechanics and storytelling , which I usually find more interesting.
It really do be like that sometimes, and arch system work related verses take that the hardest.

I can understand, cosmology for fighting games (or even anime games in general) can be pretty iffy to work around with depending on the context and evidence behind it

That's why even I question DMC being at "1-C" or even FF7 at "2-A" whenever I look at them

BlazBlue I can get, Guilty Gear, likely in the same placement with BB unless there is evidence that'll say the opposite, but you can also say the same with BB's cosmology as well if we want to be fair in comparison between BB and GG

But I think BB and GG's cosmology placement is fine, heck I can probably assume both could be higher if there is more context to lean on. But for now, we'll have to wait for more evidence

Ironically I was asking a question about the power of the verse in on thread to see if it's placement here is that weak. But form what I was told, it never had a continuation to even explain on its lore

Not to mention getting info for the game is hard, the weird French bread streams from back in the 2016s are all in Japanese and got a hefty chunk of the lore stuff just in there.

The tier 2 to 1 spectrum definitely has a lot less nuance to where honestly you'd have to equalize AP, speed, and hax especially since a few people found out what layers are and went goofy with them in both AP and hax.

How do you calc luminosity if you can't even tell how far the light source (presumably the opponent flying through space) is in the first place?

Yeah, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why they weirdly made a punch into space a lumosity calc rather than KE.

Stuff that got lost in context but never got picked up in any crt: that backyard scailing was meant to go up to 6D since underworld was meant to transcend the concept of the 4D timespace of regular universe while the backyard would be a higher order realm over the underworld hill that has a innaccesable difference.
I-no was supposed to abstract existence since looking at Xrd humanity's concept for a better tomorrow pretty much tried possessing the backyard and the backyard sealing this concept away but unfortunately also giving it fundamental authority in the process.

Sounds like we need to do some more GG revisions. Because I just thought to myself that Sol should have Vehicular Mastery because of his motorcycle

Plus many other abilities I'm sure that needs to be looked up at

And don't get me started on re-working on the scaling because I rather have the old scaling for the characters than what we have right now

The scaling issue is because Justice did the large planet level feat while empowered in armor, right? Because it's still in the tier even when removing the 40x multiplier.

The scaling issue is because Justice did the large planet level feat while empowered in armor, right? Because it's still in the tier even when removing the 40x multiplier.
Pretty much. But honestly, I think the low-end makes no sense, because if Justice's Gamma Ray is a literal Gamma Ray, it should be indefinitely 4-B since that's what I come across the scaling for GR's. If not, High 4-C would be fine as well

GG izuka is kind of a blurr to me, I got the game on steam but my experience with it kinda the same as dist strikers. GG tries smash bros but guilty gear but weirdly fails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back