• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Dragon Ball Upgrades (+Fixing The Power Level Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Insert Introduction here]

Multi-Continent Upgrades

In Carrot Top, Goku uses the Power Pole to take Monster Carrot and the other Rabbit Mob members (Humans who wear fake black rabbit ears) to the moon to make marshmallow treats for children, saying that if they make enough treats, he will bring them back. However, when Goku transformed into a Great Ape during the Martial Arts tournament, Master Roshi destroyed the moon they were on. This has led others to think that they died, however...
According to the Dragon Ball Adventure Special of Shōnen Jump, Toriyama claims they're still alive.
Q: Since Jackie Chun blew away the moon, what’s happened to the Rabbit Gang?
A: They’re drifting through space.
This is also reflected in Monster Carrot's character profile in said guide, as translated by Herms
VKorSDx.png

They were even shown on an extra page of the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga, so their existance is still acknowledged.
Of course they wouldn't fully scale to 5-C, since inverse square law and stuff, but I bet it wouldn't be below High 6-A
Pilaf Arc Goku overpowered them and the Rabbit Mob are treated as regular humans, so this would scale to everyone below 5-C
But OP, I hear you saying, isn't this just a gag feat/outlier, the former doesn't stop a feat from being valid, especially since the Guide that acknowledged it was around the Demon King Piccolo Arc, which is awhile after Dragon Ball stopped being a gag manga, the latter I would agree with if it didn't fix one of Dragon Ball Power Scaling's biggest issue, which is...

Power Levels are (supposed to be) linear

Everybody knows this, but transformations which multiply physical stats by a static number also multiply power level by the same number,
Oozaru which multiplies power tenfold made Kid Goku go from 10 to 100
Kaioken which double the base power of the user turns Namek Goku from 90,000 to 180,000
Super Saiyan which is accepted as x50 multplier increases Frieza Saga Goku from 3,000,000 to 150,000,000
There are countless examples of multipliers being static increases, be it Oozaru, Kaioken x3, Kaioken x20...
However the biggest piece of evidence I have for this idea, is well, DRAGON BALL FOREVER
經過龜仙人和貓仙人的訓練後,悟空的實力提升了接近二十倍!
After being trained by [the Turtle Hermit] and [Karin], Goku's strength has increased by almost 20 times!
Quite peculiar how it lists Goku going from having a Power Level of 10 to 180 as "almost 20 times!", but that's not all
得到天神的訓練,悟空進步接近一倍。為了使出龜波氣功而儲氣時,數值上升到接近1000!
After being trained by [Kami], Goku's strength nearly doubles. When Goku stored up his ki to perform the Kamehameha, this value increased to nearly 1,000!
As you all know, Kid Goku before the Kami training was 260, and the difference betwene 416 and 260 is well, "nearly double"
HOWEVER, I LIED, THIS WASN'T THE DEALBREAKER, FOR I'VE BEEN HIDING IT THIS ENTIRE TIME,
BEHOLD THE BIGGEST PIECE OF EVIDENCE, ONE FROM THE MIGHTY DAIZENSHUU, THE GUIDEBOOK TO RULE THEM ALL
cTjmrqo.png

And there you have it folks, Kid Goku with a Power Level of 10 "has twice the power of an ordinary person" who we all know have a Power Level of 5,
This is actually even supported in the source material, as the Rabbit Mob were actually able to harm Goku, sure doesn't seem like a "8-C" being beaten by 10-Bs to me,
Anyway that's it.

A calc would be needed for Monster Carrot's durability. I'm pretty sure that it isn't High 6-A

A calc would be needed for Monster Carrot's durability. I'm pretty sure that it isn't High 6-A
I doubt it'd be below Tier 6, also Power Level downscaling already puts them around that range anyway
Any reason for why this would not be a classic example of an outlier when Goku who can't even punch his way through a brick wall at this time is capable of harming him.
That's an anti-feat for even 9-B Pilaf Saga Goku, which we already put at 8-C, so don't think that'd a good counter

Power levels being linear makes pl 10 goku being able to blow up planets via linear downscaling from freeza saga goku. Yeah, i can't agree with that at all

I agree with this one. The fact it doesn't agree with the perception that people have of the verse isn't a good reason to disagree with it.

Machine Guns designed to kill High 6-As
Plus, we have a bunch of verses that have guns harm lads that they shouldn't, Danganronpa High 7-Cs get one-shot by guns
I don't subscribe to your headcanon that this was a specially designed Machine Gun built to harm people more durable than continents.

I'm still fully against this CRT. There is far more consistency for the characters not being Multi-Continent level than there is for them being that high.

Like, we don't care if the verse treats the characters as regular humans, if they perform a Tier 8 or 7 feat, then they end up being rated as such
This isn't even the most egregious case, Danny Phantom lists regular(ish) humans as 2-C

It wouldn't, you would still get things like multi continental farmer with a shotgun
Yes... That is what I'm proposing.
I don't subscribe to your headcanon that this was a specially designed Machine Gun built to harm people more durable than continents.

I'm still fully against this CRT. There is far more consistency for the characters not being Multi-Continent level than there is for them being that high.
Disagreeing is fine, but most anti-feats used would put Goku and co at around 9-C

Like, we don't care if the verse treats the characters as regular humans, if they perform a Tier 8 or 7 feat, then they end up being rated as such
This isn't even the most egregious case, Danny Phantom lists regular(ish) humans as 2-C
That's the thing, this is an inverse multiplier, there is no feat to speak of here

That's the thing, this is an inverse multiplier, there is no feat to speak of here
It's funny since that's literally where 8-C Pilaf Saga Goku comes from, an "inverse multiplier"
Although I fr thought the Monster Carrot feat would end up being High 6-A lol

It's funny since that's literally where 8-C Pilaf Saga Goku comes from, an "inverse multiplier"
Although I fr thought the Monster Carrot feat would end up being High 6-A lol
A 10x multiplier is clear cut and requires fewer evidence, a gigantic one like what you are proposing requires far far more. That is the standard in the multiplier page

Of course, the Monster Carrot feat could easily end up being much higher if Roshi's kamehameha ended up being in close-proximity of them, although the calc we're making is definitely taking the lowest possible interpretation, that's just how calcs work ya know

A 10x multiplier is clear cut and requires fewer evidence, a gigantic one like what you are proposing requires far far more. That is the standard in the multiplier page
The Daizenshuu statement literally says Pilaf Saga Goku is x2 ordinary humans, I think it's pretty clear-cut

Launch shooting bullets at people and especially Roshi after trying to perv on her is literally her gag, it's pretty much her entire gimmick
Using this gag as a downgrade is the same as using Bulma slapping Goku and making his cheeks red or Nami bruising up Luffy as an actual feat
Using the gag of Carrot and his minions living on the Moon at the time when Roshi blew it up when they logically shouldn't be able to survive up there in the first place, as the main justification of the ratings for the entire verse is even worse in my opinion, but fair enough.

Let's try to be open minded, taking Power Levels as linear would fix most problems we have in terms of scaling, High 6-A Roshi having a 5-C Kamehameha is way less far-fetched than a High 8-C Roshi having one, ya know?

Probably would have been easier to make regular humans 8-C first before trying to do this, well can't go back in the past lol

This should moved to Fun and Games. I can't see someone seriously doing a CRT like that with this arguments.
[Insert Introduction here]

Multi-Continent Upgrades

They were even shown on an extra page of the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga, so their existance is still acknowledged.
Of course they wouldn't fully scale to 5-C, since inverse square law and stuff, but I bet it wouldn't be below High 6-A
That's not how downscale someone works, without a proper number.
But OP, I hear you saying, isn't this just a gag feat/outlier, the former doesn't stop a feat from being valid, especially since the Guide that acknowledged it was around the Demon King Piccolo Arc, which is awhile after Dragon Ball stopped being a gag manga,
Why the hell when the guide as release maters to the original intent from the scene? That still could be considered a joke feat, even if the guide as release when the manga stoped being a "Gag manga", since the original scene could still be considered a outlier.
the latter I would agree with if it didn't fix one of Dragon Ball Power Scaling's biggest issue, which is...

Power Levels are (supposed to be) linear

Everybody knows this, but transformations which multiply physical stats by a static number also multiply power level by the same number,
Oozaru which multiplies power tenfold made Kid Goku go from 10 to 100
Kaioken which double the base power of the user turns Namek Goku from 90,000 to 180,000
Super Saiyan which is accepted as x50 multplier increases Frieza Saga Goku from 3,000,000 to 150,000,000
There are countless examples of multipliers being static increases, be it Oozaru, Kaioken x3, Kaioken x20...
However the biggest piece of evidence I have for this idea, is well, DRAGON BALL FOREVER

Quite peculiar how it lists Goku going from having a Power Level of 10 to 180 as "almost 20 times!", but that's not all

As you all know, Kid Goku before the Kami training was 260, and the difference betwene 416 and 260 is well, "nearly double"
HOWEVER, I LIED, THIS WASN'T THE DEALBREAKER, FOR I'VE BEEN HIDING IT THIS ENTIRE TIME,
BEHOLD THE BIGGEST PIECE OF EVIDENCE, ONE FROM THE MIGHTY DAIZENSHUU, THE GUIDEBOOK TO RULE THEM ALL
cTjmrqo.png

And there you have it folks, Kid Goku with a Power Level of 10 "has twice the power of an ordinary person" who we all know have a Power Level of 5,
Ok, and that supposed to prove what exactly? Everyone knows that already.
This is actually even supported in the source material, as the Rabbit Mob were actually able to harm Goku, sure doesn't seem like a "8-C" being beaten by 10-Bs to me,
Anyway that's it.
lmao, in that scene The Rabbit Monsters transformed Bulma into a carrot, and as holding her hostage, so Goku need to take that beating.
And he don't even looked harmed by the Mobs attacks, like the next panel where they stopped beating him, he looks complety fine.

DRAGON BALL FOREVER
Power Levels are non-linear.
Explicitly stated increases in strength are linear.
Firstly, they are armed gunmen.
Secondly, how odd. Hm. Mmm. Grmm...
Y'know the Daizenshuu is fallible, correct?
Besides, "already has twice the power of a an ordinary person" and "is twice as strong as a normal human" are not equivalent statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back