• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iaian (One Punch Man) vs Cecilus Segmunt (RE:Zero) (0-0-1)

Recon1511

He/Him
Well let's see how this one goes

Iaian
Iaian_manga.webp

VS

Cecilus Segmunt
Cecils_Segmund.webp

• 7-B Keys will be used, Iaian downscales from 13.82 Megatons and Cecilus is 13.69 Megatons the AP difference is completely irrelevant.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Both in character and have knowledge about each other abilities
  • Starting Distance: 20 meters

Iaian:

Cecilus:

Atomic Samurai interrupts the fight: @FantaRin_The_First

Last edited:
Speed is equalized 😶
He gets an amp with his murasama and mayasume sword. the difference in strength is so vast that with his 5th sword, a standing Reinhard could casually take on and no diff Cecilus with a broken sword to Reinhard bleeding out and taking actual damage or Cecilus stalemating Reinhard in a duel

He gets an amp with his murasama and mayasume sword. the difference in strength is so vast that with his 5th sword, a standing Reinhard could casually take on and no diff Cecilus with a broken sword to Reinhard bleeding out and taking actual damage or Cecilus stalemating Reinhard in a duel
Maybe I should have clarified better, it's Cecilus Segmunt with Murasama and Mayasume that is FTL no? That's the speed being equalized to Iaian here

As for the AP stuff, we are taking into account his 7-B key not his High 6-C key here so the AP is pretty much equal as well.

Maybe I should have clarified better, it's Cecilus Segmunt with Murasama and Mayasume that is FTL no? That's the speed being equalized to Iaian here

As for the AP stuff, we are taking into account his 7-B key not his High 6-C key here so the AP is pretty much equal as well.
I see, then this fight boils down to skill to which i did say Cecilus is superior since its equivalent to Wilhelm, the strongest of his time

Iaian is good but i dont think he had a shown anything that could match Wilhelm. Although its been a while since i last saw him fight

I see, then this fight boils down to skill to which i did say Cecilus is superior since its equivalent to Wilhelm, the strongest of his time
While this is true Iaian does have pretty good Instinctive Reactions and Analytical Prediction as a result of being able to sense killing intent around him which might even out any potential skill disparity between the two

While this is true Iaian does have pretty good Instinctive Reactions and Analytical Prediction as a result of being able to sense killing intent around him which might even out any potential skill disparity between the two

Cecilus doesnt emit any killer intent, he is as casual about it as much as he would be to go for a walk

Cecilus doesnt emit any killer intent, he is as casual about it as much as he would be to go for a walk
Is that because he has no equal and knows he will win every fight or does he have an ability that let's him cease his killer intent? We have stablished that it's a pretty even battle I don't think he can afford to be casual here

Besides the blades themselves have a pretty strong aura which Iaian should be able to sense

Is that because he has no equal and knows he will win every fight or does he have an ability that let's him cease his killer intent? We have stablished that it's a pretty even battle I don't think he can afford to be casual here

Besides the blades themselves have a pretty strong aura which Iaian should be able to sense
He always thinks he is going to win and showed no killer intent against Reinhard either since he believes even if he loses now he will win eventually in some sort of a grand reveal as he is the protagnist of this story.

Also are you allowing Murasame and Masayume or not?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'mma have to go with incon here - both Cecilus and Iaian here seems to be complete equals, with nothing present to push things to either side.
It seems like it yeah, I really doubt that Cecilus can completely cease his killing intent in this situation, especially because being casual doesn't mean there isn't an intent to kill/harm the opponent 🤔

Anyway I'm counting your vote as incon for now then

I'm confused, are you all saying that Ceclius and Iaian are equally matched in swordsmanship? From how both of their fights go in their respective verses and how they are treated that seems inaccurate. And even if they are equally matched in swordsmanship, doesn't Ceclius have his blue lightning to tip the scales?

I'm confused, are you all saying that Ceclius and Iaian are equally matched in swordsmanship? From how both of their fights go in their respective verses and how they are treated that seems inaccurate. And even if they are equally matched in swordsmanship, doesn't Ceclius have his blue lightning to tip the scales?
That's not what being argued here, Cecilus is indeed more skilled than Iaian (or at least has shown to be more skilled in the narrative of his verse) but Iaian has access to pretty good IR and Analytical Prediction which make the actual duel much more even than it seems.

So far the counter argument to Iaian being able to sense the killing intent in Cecilus blows is just that Cecilus is "casual" but I don't really think its valid because casual or not the intent of killing/harming the opponent would still be there, which is what Iaian is able to sense.

That's not what being argued here, Cecilus is indeed more skilled than Iaian (or at least has shown to be more skilled in the narrative of his verse) but Iaian has access to pretty good IR and Analytical Prediction which make the actual duel much more even than it seems.

So far the counter argument to Iaian being able to sense the killing intent in Cecilus blows is just that Cecilus is "casual" but I don't really think its valid because casual or not the intent of killing/harming the opponent would still be there, which is what Iaian is able to sense.
Well, casual Ceclius kinda treats everything like a grand story, where he's the main character and everyone is fufilling their interesting roles. There wouldn't be any killing intent to feel, because there is actually zero malice or killing intent to his actions when he lets his teammates die in front of him or calmly slashes a giant beast apart, just a "Oh, they died from that."

Well, casual Ceclius kinda treats everything like a grand story, where he's the main character and everyone is fufilling their interesting roles. There wouldn't be any killing intent to feel, because there is actually zero malice or killing intent to his actions when he lets his teammates die in front of him or calmly slashes a giant beast apart, just a "Oh, they died from that."
So you are saying he kills things without the intent to kill them or?

Back