• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
An addition to Cole's Enhanced Senses:

During the Alden fight and obtaining the Ray Sphere, Cole can use Radar Pulse to see enemies through the fog and smoke and shoot them more accurately

Hey guys, I'm back on my bullshit.

I've decided to combine my obsession with inFAMOUS with my obsession with Homestuck by asking "what if Cole played SBURB?" which I then expanded by asking "what if all three Coles played SBURB?"

Now, context. SBURB is a video game that, when played, ends the world and has its players become the gods of the next one. To this end, it basically assigns them a Class and Aspect, gives them a Land, and makes them solve the local problem of said Land, allowing them to become Gods in the process if they so choose. Then they, along with the other players in their session, all get teleported to the Battlefield to defeat the Black King and create the next universe.

Now, this analysis will only cover Evil Cole. I'll get to Kessler, Cole, and their experiences on the Battlefield at a later date. I've been kinda rushing to get this done so I can share it, so if anything is poorly explained, I apologize. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Evil Cole MacGrath

Lord of Rage

A lord is typically defined as someone who commands their Aspect or commands with their Aspect. Cole doesn't just spread chaos and anarchy, he is chaos and anarchy. "In a world with no law, the strong take what they want and the weak are their slaves. And no one is stronger than me." Anarchy, confusion, war, fear. He commands it and commands through it. Chaos spreads where ever he wants it too. He controls Empire City through fear, he commands the resistance through keeping them confused and terrified. He keeps Kuo and Nix loyal to him through fear and "truth" respectively. Kuo simply doesn't want to die from the RFI and Nix buys what Cole's selling. Human civilization is built on faulty premises, the premise that all are born equal and that all deserve rights. So, burn it down. Rage includes a loyalty to truth and there is only one truth in Cole's mind. Survival of the fittest. And if this doesn't place him on top immediately, it eventually will. He demands it.

Furthermore, Lords often gain their power through a series of long and arduous trials often thought to be impossible. Only through sheer willpower and an unrelenting desire to survive, and eventually conquer, do Lords overcome the impossible odds and gain domination over their aspect. The chaos of Empire City, the Fear pervading New Marias sought to crush him. He fought it, defied it, survived it, and now he commands it. Lords are ambitious, determined, and unrelentingly powerful, willing to do whatever it takes to achieve their ends. And that practically defines Evil Cole. Also works on a meta level, Lords are on of the most powerful classes in Homestuck, and you'd be hard pressed to find a Conduit stronger than Evil Cole. The way you tell the difference between the two most powerful classes, a Muse and a Lord? One sacrifices themselves to stop an ultimate evil, the other forgoes that to gain ultimate power, becoming the aforementioned evil. Case closed.

Land

The Land of Power and War

Imagine if you will, a planet ripping itself to shreds at the very seems. A world plagued by constant storms, tsunamis, hurricanes, and earthquakes. Why? Quiet simple. In the heart of this world, their exists an ancient power. A mighty force of unimaginable strength sealed inside the planet core, soon to tear the planet apart. This power, whatever it is, can only be wielded by one.

The planet has constantly drowned itself in war over this power. Endless battles waged back and forth with no clear victor. A war that seemed like it would never end. But that was still a better fate than what awaited them. A new empire, ruled by a being known only as The Denizen, appeared and rose to prominence. This Empire's only goal seemed to be to wipe out all life on LOPAW. The only way the other empires could possibly survive is if they band together, but their hatred for each other keeps them apart. They will only bend to force. All hope seems lost.

But rumors soon begin to emerge. Legends of a Hero who would crush the Empire. A being whose will, rage, and command over chaos would bring all others to their knees before him. The leaders will only compromise before unrelenting power. So it is power that the Hero will show them. The chaos would burn anew, smoldering into whatever shape the Lord sees fit. If LOPAW was to be saved, it would only be under the reign of the Lord of Rage, He Who Commands Chaos.

Lands are suppose to reflect their Players, show them their hopes, fears, desires, flaws. On a surface level, something corrupted and twisted by strong internal power so deeply that it's completely unrecognizable from what it used to be. It's both what he is and what he's afraid he'll be. "A warped body, a twisted mind. Is that my future?" Setting that aside, the leaders would likely be motivated by stuff Cole himself was motivated by. Trying to save a loved one, trying to save the world, attempting to avenge a loved one, attempting to protect their friends, trying to gain more power, trying to spread chaos and abuse their power, simply trying to survive even at the cost of other people. The Denizen could even vaguely represent "the next rung of the ladder" Cole's always trying to reach. The next Kessler, the next Beast, the next looming threat he wants to crush in his efforts to become stronger.

Some players love their Land, some despise it. Evil Cole would thrive in it. People to intimidate, armies to dominate, and god-like power waiting for him at the end of the road. Sounds a little like paradise…

God-Tier

Hoo boy. Let me paint you a canvas.

"I could feel it, the graying of the world around me as I lay back on that stone slab. The lights dimming, the world fading, everything failing as I died. From the outside, my world was ending. But inside, inside me, something was beginning. My body glowed and the planet cracked a little more, my body rose and with it, the storms intensified. The power at the heart of this world flowed into and around me like electricity, seething from my every pore. A tornado stirred up, to protect me as my heart began to beat again. Thunder turned a crimson red and a sickly black as it excitedly waited for me. Lave thrummed and pulsed, wars and battles escalated, fear and confusion swept into every faction as they realized what was happening. I opened my eyes, and everything stopped. The storm vanished, the wars paused. I could feel all of it. Rage itself had stopped, awaiting my command.

First order of business. The Denizen is still alive, his empire is still strong. He knows I'm coming, he's waiting for me now. It doesn't matter. All my life I'd been aiming to reach the next rung of the ladder. I'm passed that now. There is no ladder, not anymore. There is only me. I'm ready."

God-Tier Evil Cole, a fully realized Lord of Rage, will be a force to behold. Evil Cole will no longer manipulate Rage as he does in canon, he will now literally command it. He has the power to start wars in any universe he pleases, to instill fear in planets he's never stepped foot on. He need only ask. Rage serves him fully and completely. Any war started in the multiverse, any kind of fear, chaos, confusion, or truth will somehow work to serve him, often without his knowledge. Wars will start in his name on planets he's never heard off, Rage itself will bend over to serve him. Cole is no mere god now, he is a Lord.

I'm thinking Cole being an absolute God of Rage would be the greatest shit ever

Suck it Sidious

Alright, next part of my SBURB Cole Session thing coming up. This time, it's Good Cole. Kessler is coming up next.

Cole MacGrath

Knight of Hope

Knights are typically defined as those who exploit their Aspect in service of themselves and others, using it to protect and uphold their team. This pretty accurately reflects Cole's character arc. To start out, he only ever uses Hope to serve himself. Good deeds keep Moya off his back, help improve his relationship with Trish, and get people to stop throwing bricks at him. Net win. He doesn't like doing it, or even really want to do it, but his hands are tied. Other Knights in canon , such as Dave and Karkat, start much the same way. The initially rejected their Aspect, only using it because they had to and only really to their own benefit.

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK. BECAUSE I'M THE LEADER. LEADER. ME. END OF DISCUSSION."

"Maybe I don't want to be the Knight of Time. Maybe I just want to be the Dave of Guy."

"I can't solve all the world's problems, Moya."

Over time, they learn to accept and embrace it, using it to protect their friends, support the team, and be a better person in general.

"FRIENDSHIP ISN'T A DISEASE, DUMBASS. IT'S SOMETHINGYOU FEEL WHEN THE TRUST PEOPLE PLACE IN YOU IS EARNED."

"It's not about what I want. Not anymore. It's about keeping the people of this city safe."

Knights are the protector class. They support the team, protect their friends and generally do most of the heavy lifting. Knights are seldom seen sitting around and waiting for stuff to do. When you want something done, you call the Knight. Cole is always running around, helping people out, and actively working to solve the problem. He's the working man, the heavy, he always has a lot on his plate and he' always working double time to deal with it. Fix this, heal them, save her, stop him, catch the monster, disarm the bomb, save the day. Cole spreads Hope to almost everyone he meets. He rallies the police and people to fight threats. He saves people, and people trust him for that. He goes running by and suddenly the world looks a little less hopeless. His end of inFAMOUS 1 speech may as well be a thesis on what a Knight of Hope is.

Land of Reflections and Heroes

LORAH was a rather idealic place once upon a time. It was straight out of a classic superhero story. Costumed heroes effortlessly subduing incompetent villains, preaching all the typical mores of 'don't do drugs' and 'stay in school kids' before shouting a catch phrase and flying off triumphantly into the sunset. Mirrors appeared in the landscape all over the planet, but they were often ignored. No one knows what they did, so they were just… there. One particular villain has been studying them quite closely, however…

No one knows who he is or where he came from, the know only his name. The Denizen. He had mastered the mirrors secrets. He discovered that the mirrors could create copies of whoever looked at them long enough. Copies that acted on all their repressed feelings and valued only their own interests. So, The Denizen began accumulating wealth and power. He eventually became so rich and wealthy, that he could grant anyone their dreams if he so wished. So he did exactly that to the Heroes of the world. He offered them their hearts desires, in exchange for them to give up their powers and allow him to create a copy of them with his mirrors. "You've done so much for us already. Now's the time for you to relax and live out your dreams. I'll have a copy ready to replace you. The people will hardly notice."

Soon, The Denizen and his evil clones conquered the world. The copies were kept in line by promises of their innermost desires and the people were cowed by fear. Their heroes had betrayed them, subjugated them. Taken off their benevolent masks and revealed themselves to be the vile monsters. Taken the harmless villains they used to bully and mercilessly executed them for all to see, swearing to do the same to all who would oppose them. The retired Heroes simply surrendered, for they had no powers with witch to fight with. Hope was gone, The Denizen had won.

But whispers and rumors still spread. Legends from long ago, swearing that when the world needed him most, a Hero would arrive. A Knight who commands the thunder in the skies and uses it as his sword and shield. A being who brought Hope to his home and would bring Hope to theirs. As long as those rumors lasted, a small glimmer of Hope remained.

This land reflects Cole's inner struggle. He can't live a normal life anymore. He can't just go home, chug a beer, and watch westerns every day. Because he has a responsibility to uphold. He's seen what would happen if he ignored it. To further hammer this home, each retired hero would have retired because they wanted something Cole did. A normal life, more time to spend with their friends, their significant other to be kept happy and healthy. But it's not something he can have. Furthermore, he'd initially be received much like he was back in Empire City and New Marias. He'd be despised, distrusted, rejected. Just another Hero looking to glory hound, how long until this one turns on us? Basically, Cole's stuck fighting against an ultimate evil on behalf of people that hate his guts because destiny said so. Again. Only this time, people will keep going on about how 'a Knight of Hope will save us' without realizing that he is the Knight of Hope there to save them and they should really stop throwing rocks at him. Cole " I never asked for this shit" MacGrath. The twisted Hero copies once again reflect Cole's "twisted body" dilemma. After fighting a few of them and hearing about their pasts, he'd likely think the exact same things he thought about after his fight with Sasha. Cole's relationship with his Denizen would be more interesting this time around. The Denizen offers Cole all the things he wanted back in inFAMOUS 1, and when he refuses, he'd compare Cole to Kessler. Likely even mock him for his lack of self agency. He never does anything for himself, he lives for other people. Time and again, he's sacrificed for his friends and gotten nothing. Trish died as soon as they began to reconnect, abandoned him over nothing but accusations. Zeke threw him under the bus to get more powers, and Kuo betrayed him out of nothing but fear and selfishness. Even here, the people he saves despise him. "Why do you fight for people who abandon you? For people who don't care for you? All you'll ever be to them is the Demon of Empire City."

"I'm sorry. I've been treating you like crap lately."

"Hey, man. I don't call you brother because I like the way it sounds."

"You made the right choice. Hell, Nyx made the right choice. I was… I am scared."

"I know. I am too."

"Abandoned? Maybe once. Betrayed? Yeah. But at the end of the day, we're brothers for a reason."

God Tier

Let me paint you a picture:

"You think would be used to being nearly dead by now. But still, sitting on that slab, blood draining from my body, it felt different. It felt dark and genuinely cold. It was scary, watching the world fade away. But waking up… that was something else entirely. It reminded me of The Blast. While fading into unconsciousness, I could hear, no, feel the voices of the dying. The voices of people I hadn't saved clawing at my very soul. If this had happened to me a year ago, I would've just been disturbed. Now, I felt guilty."

"C'mon, brother. You're not gonna die here. You got work to do."

"When my eyes opened, the first thing I noticed was the glow. The second thing I noticed was that I was floating. The third thing I noticed was the gaudy costume. Admittedly, the cape was a nice touch, but the bright gold was almost painful to look at. The sky seemed a bit brighter now, the clouds were parting around me. Storm clouds circled me. Gently, almost welcomingly. Everyone could see it, the glow that encompassed my floating form. I know they could, I could feel it. Because for once, they felt Hope, faith in their savior, faith in me. I could only imagine the discomfort and confusion of The Denizen and his cronies, wondering why everyone suddenly stopped acting scared. Why no one is walking with their heads down any more. Only for them to look up and see the glow, see me, and realize just who showed up at their doorstep.

I never asked for this. To be the savior of some weird aliens on some weird planet. But, hey, when did ever ask for anything? Besides, it's practically my job now. Because, somewhere, in some world far away, I could feel it. An old friend looking up at the sky with a beer in his hands, seeing a flickering glow between worlds, and knowing exactly who it is. Smiling that cheap smile and talking about how he knew death wouldn't keep me down. I'll be home soon, Zeke, I just have a few more people to save first."

As the Knight of Hope, Cole will be capable of literally using Hope to protect people. Faith in him, belief that he'll save the day and solve their problems, will empower him. And in return, he'd be able to literally make people stronger by giving them Hope. Whatever team he's on will become stronger by virtue of their own confidence thanks to him being there. He is a Knight and Hope is his sword. He didn't choose the path of a Hero, but now he guides others right down the middle of it. He will protect. For he is The Knight of Hope.

Quick heads up. I'm calling dibs on Cole vs. All Might. I have half a finished story saved in my docs. It's going to be my longest and most emotional piece on here yet and if certain upgrades go through, might result in an expanded universe.

Here's a sneak peek.

"I have to try."

"I know."

I just thought of a scenario where threads had a word limit and imagine you posting your masterpiece and then being cucked by

"I'm sorry this message is too long to post"

Prime All Might is probably the best version. Wounded gets his health status detected by Radar Pulse and then it turns into a waiting game.

I thought we said it should work on anyone whose powers comes from genetics? Since RFI energy shuts down the powers of people with the Conduit gene, which works via evolution and mutation

Another thing: When has Cole ever used Radar Sense to detect someone's health? Sure, he can detect the Plague, but that's different from an injury.

He gets x-ray vision and can see into a persons body to see irregularities. I doubt he'd miss All Might's plethora of missing organs.

Back