• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible season 2 general discussion

Ep 1 was pretty good, I like how mark is actually dealing with his trauma. In the comics it kinda felt like he got over it until he meet Nolan again

Good first episode that's for sure

Sure hope they don't milk that "Invincible" joke all season though, it was cool when it started the episode and needs to stay that way

Finally, the peak is back in session.

Great first episode. The animation is looking very buttery and has a nice bit of detail added - definitely feel like there was an increase in budget.

I enjoyed the introduction of Angstrom Levy. It really sucks because it is as though Invincible ruined everything, but you realize that from everyone else's perspective he was doing the right thing. Levy had great ambitions and could have done everything without any harm done. Unfortunate it ended the way it did.

I thought the "Invincible" title card joke was pretty good. I don't think they'll do it the whole season, just something to keep the viewers guessing throughout the comeback.

Can't wait for what's to come.

Yeah I actually take back my previous comment about the invincible joke thing

I see know that it was screwing with the fans by having them say it but not cutting to a title card which messes with what were conditioned to expect from last season

Funny joke now that I picked up on it

Would we scale the (og) Guardians of the Globe to Omni-Man? The Immortal for example can take trade hits with Omni-Man but goes down pretty easy once Nolan gets the advantage.

Not counting the counterparts we see in Season 2 since this wiki doesn't seem to cross-scale unless their lives are explicitly almost the same.

Watched episode two, and I’m glad they’re starting to humanize Eve’s dad; I was worried he’d always just be a one dimensional shitty parent.

Would we scale the (og) Guardians of the Globe to Omni-Man? The Immortal for example can take trade hits with Omni-Man but goes down pretty easy once Nolan gets the advantage.

Not counting the counterparts we see in Season 2 since this wiki doesn't seem to cross-scale unless their lives are explicitly almost the same.
Probably an "At most Low 6-B" or "At least 7-A, likely Low 6-B" for doing more perceivable damage to Omni-Man than Mark did

Though, I wouldn't say all the Guardians scale, only Red Rush, War Woman, and Immortal would scale given Green Ghost didn't do much, Darkwing just knocked him back slightly before dying, Martian Man simply restrained him (just an LS feat), and Aquarus also kind of just knocked him back a bit so not much from that.

Probably an "At most Low 6-B" or "At least 7-A, likely Low 6-B" for doing more perceivable damage to Omni-Man than Mark did

Though, I wouldn't say all the Guardians scale, only Red Rush, War Woman, and Immortal would scale given Green Ghost didn't do much, Darkwing just knocked him back slightly before dying, Martian Man simply restrained him (just an LS feat), and Aquarus also kind of just knocked him back a bit so not much from that.
Sounds about right. Would Red Rush be with acceleration alone? He only really does damage as to Omni-Man as time goes on and breaks his hands to do so. I would also say they did do more than just perceivable damage, given Nolan required medical aid in the aftermath.

The Immortal could probably do with a profile given his continued appearances (as could others), but that's besides the point.

Last edited:
Sounds about right. Would Red Rush be with acceleration alone? He only really does damage as to Omni-Man as time goes on and breaks his hands to do so.
Eh for him I could see "Insert whatever potential tier here, possibly Low 6-B" since yeah it was overtime

I would also say they did do more than just perceivable damage, given Nolan required medical aid in the aftermath.
I just said perceivable damage because it was mainly from them ganging up on a restrained Omni-Man. When Immortal fights him later we see he doesn't do nearly as much damage plus the fact that he essentially one shots them right after he breaks free from Martian Man

Eh for him I could see "Insert whatever potential tier here, possibly Low 6-B" since yeah it was overtime
Yeah, agreed here.
I just said perceivable damage because it was mainly from them ganging up on a restrained Omni-Man. When Immortal fights him later we see he doesn't do nearly as much damage plus the fact that he essentially one shots them right after he breaks free from Martian Man
Was he restrained? He was blatantly going for the kill and had little reason to hold back. Heck, we see the Immortal does a fair amount of damage on his own (able to consistently make him bleed), and the Guardians themselves were restrained for the first part of the battle (War Woman and Immortal have a brief conversation over this).

I'd certainly downscale War Woman the Immortal, but they'd be somewhere in the same ballpark. They both take hits from Omni-Man (it's rather inconsistent when he can or cannot one punch them).

Either way, another Tv series were some comic book characters end up being weaker than their adaption (Immortal got a decent buff).

Was he restrained? He was blatantly going for the kill and had little reason to hold back. Heck, we see the Immortal does a fair amount of damage on his own (able to consistently make him bleed), and the Guardians themselves were restrained for the first part of the battle (War Woman and Immortal have a brief conversation over this).
I was referring to when Martian Man restrained him and the majority of the damage to him was dealt by Immortal and War Woman, not the fight as a whole, I probably should've specified that. The two of them definitely downscale from Omni-Man since they're pretty much the only ones who consistently make him bleed and bruise him from single hits.

Man, the more of the shiw I watch, the less I can stomache the art style. Walker just draws everyone like babies, and the flat coloring kills a lot of my enjoyment, not to mention the generic sounding voice actors.

Episode 3 is the best episode of the season so far. Enjoyed the segment with Allen a lot. I like the flow of the show a lot better than the comic.

Also, we're about to get MFTL+ Invincible show scaling. Omni-Man travelling multiple galaxies, in what should be mentioned to be under a week.

Ayup, though I wonder if their gonna pull the whole "Warp mode" Viltrimites have in the comics to explain it

I'd rather wait a sec to see if that's the route they go
Yeah that;s what I wanted to comment. In Invincible there is no ftl because once they approach 99% light their aroms start creating space rifts that properl them.

I am not about to treat them as not existing while the show is a remake from a verse where those clearly exist. When the show ends and nothing has been stated pertaining to their existence then I would be okay.

I am not about to treat them as not existing while the show is a remake from a verse where those clearly exist. When the show ends and nothing has been stated pertaining to their existence then I would be okay.
Yeah, if Kirkman of all people doesn't mention them during this show's 5+ Year lifespan, we can say they don't exist. I reckon we'll get confirmation by Conquest.

Back