• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible season 2 general discussion

The problem is we don't know the distance to Thraxa or how long it took Omni-Man to get there.

Hard to say how valid it is since it happened in Mark's head while he was visualizing Nolan's story but Space Racer blowing up a sun with a single shot would put him way above his comic self who could only destabilize Viltrum's core and needed three other Viltrumites to finish the job. Of course, this all relies on said power not just being limited to Nolan's book and being something that Space Racer can actually do.

Hard to say how valid it is since it happened in Mark's head while he was visualizing Nolan's story but Space Racer blowing up a sun with a single shot would put him way above his comic self who could only destabilize Viltrum's core and needed three other Viltrumites to finish the job. Of course, this all relies on said power not just being limited to Nolan's book and being something that Space Racer can actually do.
This would nullify that feat for the trio. I hope this isn't how it plays out.

I've come to the opinion that the show is almost worse in every way that isn't specific to its medium. The Immortal stepping down unprompted and through self recognition was far more powerful in the comic. I understand that fleshed out characters can make for more investing media, but William/Amber stuff is going to/should be moot by next season, so it feels like padding with mediocre dialog. The art style only continues to be more grading. I love the comic, and go back to it constantly, and that wanting for more Invincible stuff is doing the heavy lifting with thus show. However, most of the voice cast is great, and the music is top notch. Art style aside, seeing these characters in motion is awesome. Though, for some reason, most of the show feats look lesser (Thraxa destruction, Thraxan pillar lift, Martian ship destruction [it would've been cheaper to have Mark do a single frame blitz]). Part of my problem with the Immortal/Allen exchange is that they ommited Mark telling Allen he'd easily kill Immortal, but they kept Mark wasting time on the sequid ship by telling him he's stronger and faster.

Man, good pacing is going to keep Battle Beast and Thragg from our screens for years.

Last edited:
It was definitely not in Mark’s head. It was a retelling of events as Mark read concurrently. The same thing is said in the description of the comic versions too, so I don’t see why it makes it more powerful.

This would nullify that feat for the trio. I hope this isn't how it plays out.
No it would not. If anything, it’d make it better. The fact that the Infinity Ray, a star-busting weapon, couldn’t even bypass the GBE of Viltrum (seeing as its core would’ve restabilised), it legit just upscales them lmfao. A high DC weapon put a small crater in Viltrum? Hmmmmm

I've come to the opinion that the show is almost worse in every way that isn't specific to its medium. The Immortal stepping down unprompted and through self recognition was far more powerful in the comic. I understand that fleshed out characters can make for more investing media, but William/Amber stuff is going to/should be moot by next season, so it feels like padding with mediocre dialog. The art style only continues to be more grading. I love the comic, and go back to it constantly, and that wanting for mire Invincible stuff is doing the heavy lifting with thus show. However, most of the voice cast is great, and the music is top notch. Art style aside, seeing these characters in motion is awesome. Though, for some reason, most of the comic feats look lesser (Thraxa destruction, Thraxan pillar lift, Martian ship destruction [it would've been cheaper to have Mark do a single frame blitz]). Part of my problem with the Immortal/Allen exchange is that they ommited Mark telling Allen he'd easily kill Immortal, but they kept Mark wasting time on the sequid ship by telling him he's stronger and faster.

Man, good pacing is going to keep Battle Beast and Thragg from our screens for years.
Yapping about the show aside, how does the Thraxan pillar feat look better in the comic? It is far smaller in every dimension lol. The comic feat is far far better there. Also, you are aware Mark had the exact same dialogue to Immortal in the comic too, right? Silly nitpick. What is the last sentence even talking about? Don’t understand

It was definitely not in Mark’s head. It was a retelling of events as Mark read concurrently. The same thing is said in the description of the comic versions too, so I don’t see why it makes it more powerful.

No it would not. If anything, it’d make it better. The fact that the Infinity Ray, a star-busting weapon, couldn’t even bypass the GBE of Viltrum (seeing as its core would’ve restabilised), it legit just upscales them lmfao. A high DC weapon put a small crater in Viltrum? Hmmmmm
Being as this is a separate canon, and we haven't seem what the Viltrum feat will be like, it very well could. We'll have to wait and see of course.

Yapping about the show aside, how does the Thraxan pillar feat look better in the comic? It is far smaller in every dimension lol. The comic feat is far far better there. Also, you are aware Mark had the exact same dialogue to Immortal in the comic too, right? Silly nitpick. What is the last sentence even talking about? Don’t understand
I meant the show. He did, and it wasted time. He wasn't even as successful in the show, with Immortal needing to break the sequid hold on him before he got close enough. My point being that they cut the better of two strength lines, making the kept one worse in retrospect.

That was a good episode.

Rex got something to do, and it looks like his wrist launcher is fairly potent in the adaptation.

Immortal is still the one to quit, while Cecil oddly backtrack on having him step down. Regardless, Immortal realized he was going off the rails.

I do feel that giving this much attention to the Donald side of things is a waste of time in the long run, being as these characters don't do much for the story going forward, it's still being wrapped up well.

Mark and Amber's relationship is definitely more emotionally charged here, whereas the comic was loaded with levity. It's not better, it's just different. I do however find it fantastic that they worked Anissa into this, more or less as the straw that broke the camel's back. She's a wench from the start.

And that fight, bravo. They did justice to her might, redeeming Viltrumites after Vidar and poor Thula sullied the species. It is music to my eyes seeing Allen get that scaling. It's a simply A v B v C. I loved in the comics, and I love it here.

Ooh, and Angstrom. I did hope Mark would instantly bust through a wall to cap off that scene, but it still works. "Mr. Levy for a cranium reconstruction appointment."

Tbf Cecil wanted Immortal to go on vacation, not to quit (he mentions the vacation plan again in this episode.

Honestly I like Rex in the show more than the comics. He has more of a charm to him. Maybe it's partly because I hated the comic goggles.

It's a bit jarring to have Anissa so thoroughly trunp Mark after the Thula fight. Not ridiculous, as not all Viltrumites are made equally, but a bit weird. Then again, Thula was never the strongest.

Allen can upscale from Anissa who is at least faster than Nolan. Strength and power scaling aside, Allen > Anissa (couldn't catch him till he stopped) > Nolan.

Good stuff... now give Immortal some shine (poor guy needs a W).

Allen is stronger than Mark at this point, he needs an upgrade
Honestly I'm curious at this point on how there handling of Mark power in the TV Series

In the comics they made it clear he couldn't stand up to a standard viltrumite beyond getting a few good hits in while the TV series has him do well when he actually locked in against thula (tho thula looked fine while Mark looked like shit ) and Anissa dogged him easily

Honestly I'm curious at this point on how there handling of Mark power in the TV Series

In the comics they made it clear he couldn't stand up to a standard viltrumite beyond getting a few good hits in while the TV series has him do well when he actually locked in against thula (tho thula looked fine while Mark looked like shit ) and Anissa dogged him easily
It seems to me that the TV show has established that Mark is only Viltrumite level when he's in the right state of mind (under the pretense of killing)

Until we see Thula fight someone else, we should assume she's simply a lesser Viltrumite. Even if the comic were to be used to substantiate her being stronger via Battle Beast survival, Allen pointed out that some of them are not as strong as others. Thula would just be one of them, though it begs the question of how she survived this long. The silver lining for her being that Mark is already Earth's strongest hero, so it's not unthinkable that people simply couldn't take her out.

Until we see Thula fight someone else, we should assume she's simply a lesser Viltrumite. Even if the comic were to be used to substantiate her being stronger via Battle Beast survival, Allen pointed out that some of them are not as strong as others. Thula would just be one of them, though it begs the question of how she survived this long. The silver lining for her being that Mark is already Earth's strongest hero, so it's not unthinkable that people simply couldn't take her out.
Even while tag teaming with his son, Nolan didn't injure her enough to the point of being unable to contend with Mark so while she's seemingly weaker than Lucan and Vidor I doubt she's weaker than her colleagues to the point of being considered a "lesser Viltrumite"

Even while tag teaming with his son, Nolan didn't injure her enough to the point of being unable to contend with Mark so while she's probably weaker than Lucan and Vidor I doubt she's weaker than her colleagues to the point of being considered a "lesser Viltrumite"
He does punch her prior to busting up his jaw, but this cam be disregarded depending on how Nolan's strength is viewed. I don't believe it's collectively agreed he grew in strength throughout the series, unlike Mark, in either medium. What with his fightning the inferior Immortal and Reanimen. Cleaving with a flat fist is all another oddity, as it would produce a smooth cut, but the show treats it like a different attack type.

He does punch her prior to busting up his jaw, but this cam be disregarded depending on how Nolan's strength is viewed. I don't believe it's collectively agreed he grew in strength throughout the series, unlike Mark, in either medium. What with his fightning the inferior Immortal and Reanimen. Cleaving with a flat fist is all another oddity, as it would produce a smooth cut, but the show treats it like a different attack type.
Viltrumites' strength relative to each other are portrayed like humans: comparable. Nolan can get contended by his colleagues but he can dismantle them with well-placed hits

Viltrumites' strength relative to each other are portrayed like humans: comparable. Nolan can get contended by his colleagues but he can dismantle them with well-placed hits
If this were the case (the exception being the one Allen one shot or Thragg?), Anissa would've performed worse against Mark than Thula, being as the latter was out for blood while she herself wasn't. We've seen Thula casually pierce Early Allen (Early Mark tier), so we know she's strong, but she was getting bleed by Mark's punches and couldn't keep up with him. Anissa rocked this Mark with ease, regardless of speed, with every blow being akin to Nolan vs Mark.

If this were the case (the exception being the one Allen one shot or Thragg?), Anissa would've performed worse against Mark than Thula, being as the latter was out for blood while she herself wasn't. We've seen Thula casually pierce Early Allen (Early Mark tier), so we know she's strong, but she was getting bleed by Mark's punches and couldn't keep up with him. Anissa rocked this Mark with ease, regardless of speed, with every blow being akin to Nolan vs Mark.
The show makes it seem like Mark isn't utilizing his true power unless he's going unga bunga apeshit killer mode

The show makes it seem like Mark isn't utilizing his true power unless he's going unga bunga apeshit killer mode
There's no true power with Mark or Viltrumites in either medium. It's as simple as bursts of adrenaline or putting your all into one move (with momentum). I'm not even sure why Viltrumites having not having adrenaline is a commonly held belief. Great endurance is a noted attribute of all Viltrumites, which is why is would follow that Mark could off unless he's sustained grave injuries. Being on the offensive or defensive also plays a roll, like how Immortal went for Nolan's eyes when we was impaled on his arm. That's being offensive when punching up. Mark pushed for Anissa to kill than to even say some words. We're very close to the blue suit, when Mark is ostensibly capable of killing, and Anissa just threatened Amber. If he could just get stronger (and faster), he would've. Nolan giving him a pep talk doesn't change that.

There's no true power with Mark or Viltrumites in either medium. It's as simple as bursts of adrenaline or putting your all into one move (with momentum). I'm not even sure why Viltrumites having not having adrenaline is a commonly held belief. Great endurance is a noted attribute of all Viltrumites, which is why is would follow that Mark could off unless he's sustained grave injuries. Being on the offensive or defensive also plays a roll, like how Immortal went for Nolan's eyes when we was impaled on his arm. That's being offensive when punching up. Mark pushed for Anissa to kill than to even say some words. We're very close to the blue suit, when Mark is ostensibly capable of killing, and Anissa just threatened Amber. If he could just get stronger (and faster), he would've. Nolan giving him a pep talk doesn't change that.
I'm just going off what the show suggests
632.jpg

Mark jumping to Viltrumite level when bloodlusted was never a thing in the comics

Last edited:
Mark definitely gets a really big amp from rage. That's pretty obvious. Note how he says he wasn't sure if he could stop Anissa "if she started killing people" and that he could feel the parts of him that are like his dad bubbling up inside him. Clearly infers he goes through a transformative type amp when shit gets crazy.

That's the only reason he was able to contend with Thula in the first place. Nolan even points this out to him. I don't think the show could make that more clear.

Isn't it stated that strength is directly related to how fast Viltrumites can fly? Also wow, Allen got an insane powerup.
I think this has been implied a few times in the comic. In the show, characters go faster and slower by flexing and relaxing their muscles, so there is the implication too. Logically, if it is muscle exertion-based, a more powerful character would be faster. Flight bullrushes are a Viltrumite’s most powerful move anyway.

I'm just going off what the show suggests
632.jpg

Mark jumping to Viltrumite level when bloodlusted was never a thing in the comics
It kinda was. It’s stated twice that a Viltrumite getting angrier doesn’t make them stronger; it actually makes them easier to defeat. The second time was Conquest telling Mark, where Mark immediately proves him wrong, which left him bewildered. Kirkman has stated how Conquest was far stronger than Mark there, yet Mark won due to sheer willpower (seems like semantics w/ adrenaline amp in this case tbh).

Mark definitely gets a really big amp from rage. That's pretty obvious. Note how he says he wasn't sure if he could stop Anissa "if she started killing people" and that he could feel the parts of him that are like his dad bubbling up inside him. Clearly infers he goes through a transformative type amp when shit gets crazy.

That's the only reason he was able to contend with Thula in the first place. Nolan even points this out to him. I don't think the show could make that more clear.
It is indeed clear a rage amps him up quite a bit. Like in S1, Mark casually flexed out of some flaxan goo and made tanks go flying after getting pissed, where he was left helpless before then. Similar stuff was shown in the BB episode. Though there is a limit to this amp, since he was still no-sold by Nolan even after the rage amp. It’d be the same case with Anissa, until proven otherwise.

I disagree with him having a rage amp during his fight with Thula. It seemed different than that - he just stopped holding back there. Right at the end, he still stopped himself from finishing her off. There is still a fine line between simply not holding back and a rage amp; he was going all-out with Conquest even before his rage amp, for example.

I think this has been implied a few times in the comic. In the show, characters go faster and slower by flexing and relaxing their muscles, so there is the implication too. Logically, if it is muscle exertion-based, a more powerful character would be faster. Flight bullrushes are a Viltrumite’s most powerful move anyway.

It kinda was. It’s stated twice that a Viltrumite getting angrier doesn’t make them stronger; it actually makes them easier to defeat. The second time was Conquest telling Mark, where Mark immediately proves him wrong, which left him bewildered. Kirkman has stated how Conquest was far stronger than Mark there, yet Mark won due to sheer willpower (seems like semantics w/ adrenaline amp in this case tbh).

It is indeed clear a rage amps him up quite a bit. Like in S1, Mark casually flexed out of some flaxan goo and made tanks go flying after getting pissed, where he was left helpless before then. Similar stuff was shown in the BB episode. Though there is a limit to this amp, since he was still no-sold by Nolan even after the rage amp. It’d be the same case with Anissa, until proven otherwise.

I disagree with him having a rage amp during his fight with Thula. It seemed different than that - he just stopped holding back there. Right at the end, he still stopped himself from finishing her off. There is still a fine line between simply not holding back and a rage amp; he was going all-out with Conquest even before his rage amp, for example.
I'll rephrase that: in the comics, it didn't come into play during the fight on Thraxa

If Mark had rage power, it would have helped against battle beast.
He had rage power in that scene. Extremely evidently, in fact. He went from getting beat around, and then immediate started stomping most contestants. Watch the scene again. Battle Beast was just still too strong for him.

Yeah, he rages out of Tether Tyrants hold and busts through Magmaniac. I don't see this as being a Viltrumites true power or anything like that, just going all out and looking to punch someone (before Battle Beast smashes his head into the ground). I know tge feeling of wanting to let out of your strength but no linger having the energy, like when sprinting. Viltrumites can overcome such a weakness by having ludicrous endurance.

I do love the specificity of amps and such, but then we make regular concessions for something like a Viltrumite leaving blood and being hurt by impacting a steel hand rail, and not denting.

Kirkman has stated how Conquest was far stronger than Mark there, yet Mark won due to sheer willpower (seems like semantics w/ adrenaline amp in this case tbh).
Mark won by exploiting his inability to breathe in space, he could not out-muscle Conquest.

Back