• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is the wiki dead? (SERIOUS DISCUSSION)

Well the staff dominance in some threads is true and all but I think there are might be only few cases of that .Celestial Pegasus is one the best staff I have seen (Since I usually lurk in Tensura CRTs ,I don't know many staffs ),he just doesn't outright agrees or disagrees and is willing to hear out everything .

And speaking of hivemind it's really common in CRTs .A popular member /Staff says A and everyone repeats .And the worst thing is sometimes they just don't even trty to understand what you're trying to say

Last edited:
Not even going to entertain the idea that flushing out the wiki was a bad choice, lol, if people cannot learn to make better pages we don't want them in our community. It's too much work to deal with, even now there are still more sub-par pages than good ones.

Honestly, it is hard to be an admin to a wiki with keeping up with what people do, especially if they want to only spam.

seol the wikis dead
I'd rather no community at all than a community of 6 year olds who have no idea how to read the rules.

I can look at the deletion log and find not hundreds, but thousands of pages which I've deleted which have been empty, incomprehensible, or repetitive to the point of redundancy. Can you even name one page which you think I deleted unfairly? If you can, I'll read it back and tell you exactly why I deleted it. And if I find nothing wrong with it then I'll restore it.

i havent been active for like two years so i hardly remember anything, and i can't fully read any of the pages on the log

If the only issue you have is that you think I 'killed' the wiki then I don't really care, it's a non-issue lol.

We don't want the type of community that previously existed here and currently festers on Godmodes wiki.

I'd rather no community at all than a community of 6 year olds who have no idea how to read the rules.

I can look at the deletion log and find not hundreds, but thousands of pages which I've deleted which have been empty, incomprehensible, or repetitive to the point of redundancy. Can you even name one page which you think I deleted unfairly? If you can, I'll read it back and tell you exactly why I deleted it. And if I find nothing wrong with it then I'll restore it.
But wasn't this a bit too much

If by 'a bit too much' you mean I took the deletions too far. I disagree, and I will readily explain any and all page removals I've made, and if I made a mistake then I will amend it immediately and restore any pages which I wrongly deleted.

Here is the explanation for each and every one :)

If you think I deleted a page that didn't violate these rules then name it and I'll look it up and restore it if you're correct.

Tbh I don't mind deleting the pages. I joined this wiki cause other wikis were unappealing; this one is moderated. Even if it is "over" moderated, I'd prefer that than some random Fandom user changing something up because there's no protection or pages with barely any detail. I've seen other wikis that constantly change the picture for a certain profile cause two users kept wanting to change it.

I'm kind of fine where we are. However, I only occasionally use the wiki and for specific verses when I'm interested in it.

To be frank with you, i really do think this wiki has died out during the 2020 era, some people are still active on here yes but its not the same compared to what the website used to be like in the 2010s era which i honestly kinda miss seeing nowadays.

And secondly, i think most of the people just got bored of the website and moved on/or don't use it anymore.

Not entirely untrue, not sure how much I miss it though lol

Also, i just think its the amount of people that left over the years, i really miss when joke battles wiki used to be chaotic with constant godmodes and meme hell.

I use this wiki from time to time, and i'm surprised half of my "good" pages are still alive.

I'd say it's about as dead as saying a necrosis to is dead, I can speak from experience that verse pages that loose active supporters on them fall off the hardest in terms of what of CRT's, general discussion, questions, and overall verses matches they get. Guilty gear for example fell off a cliff into irrelevancy regardless of what CRT you threw at it. That's cause there's just almost nobody there making matches, heck the whole arch system works branch is practically on life support.

I'd say it's about as dead as saying a necrosis to is dead, I can speak from experience that verse pages that loose active supporters on them fall off the hardest in terms of what of CRT's, general discussion, questions, and overall verses matches they get. Guilty gear for example fell off a cliff into irrelevancy regardless of what CRT you threw at it. That's cause there's just almost nobody there making matches, heck the whole arch system works branch is practically on life support.
If I had to make a scale. guilty is the old man sleeping in his deathbed listening to contemporary rock, blazblue is the famous man lost out at sea and presumed dead, and UNIB is a tombstone of a dead family pet we remember fondly until they run out of Existence juice.

we're talking about jbw

Would be nice if we could build a community that actually knows how to properly format pages but alas...

Back