• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It’s time for a meme character to fight Goku (Link (CD-I) vs Son Goku) (8-0-1) (Grace)

Last edited:
Sorry for necro. But I had to give some input. I want this boi to have more matchups listed, victory or not.

Using the accepted ends, Link's feat is 89 million joules while Goku's is 48 million. That's a difference of 1.8x, but Goku should be stronger than he was when he performed that feat, so it's likely the gap is somewhat smaller than that. So starting off, Link has the AP and durability advantage but not by a ton. This advantage is nulled even further by Goku's reactive power level and damage boost, which would likely tip the scales in his favor.

Goku has a lot of advantages in close quarters combat given his variety of techniques and abilities, and while I'm not knowledgeable on Dragon Ball, but given the typical structure of shonen storytelling I think I can pretty safely assume that Goku's fought and defeated far more competent opponents than Link has.

Link's not totally helpless here as he has a variety of items and ranged attacks he could use and can even block Goku's with his shield, plus the bell could theoretically provide Link with a pretty solid wincon in a number of situations, depending on how you interpret the item. But I think Goku's abilities, experience, and skills all give him just enough of an edge over that.

I vote Goku mid difficulty.

Sorry for necro. But I had to give some input. I want this boi to have more matchups listed, victory or not.

Using the accepted ends, Link's feat is 89 million joules while Goku's is 48 million. That's a difference of 1.8x, but Goku should be stronger than he was when he performed that feat, so it's likely the gap is somewhat smaller than that. So starting off, Link has the AP and durability advantage but not by a ton. This advantage is nulled even further by Goku's reactive power level and damage boost, which would likely tip the scales in his favor.

Goku has a lot of advantages in close quarters combat given his variety of techniques and abilities, and while I'm not knowledgeable on Dragon Ball, but given the typical structure of shonen storytelling I think I can pretty safely assume that Goku's fought and defeated far more competent opponents than Link has.

Link's not totally helpless here as he has a variety of items and ranged attacks he could use and can even block Goku's with his shield, plus the bell could theoretically provide Link with a pretty solid wincon in a number of situations, depending on how you interpret the item. But I think Goku's abilities, experience, and skills all give him just enough of an edge over that.

Goku FRA

Wow I forgot I made this match. All counted.

Not really super knowledgeable on either verse but I think Son Goku wins here because of skill adv as well as less janky ranged combat
Son Goku FRA

But what if Goku jumps 🤔
Then that’s a solid win con for Link as he can use the bell to freeze Goku for 8 seconds and then use multiple different abilities on him. Same applies if Goku decides to fly as he’ll be considered an airborne enemy.

However that’s incredibly situational and it’s up for everyone to debate if that alone would be the deciding factor of if it’s enough to give Link a win considering all the other advantages Goku has. I will say the bell is a solid win con for Link nonetheless.

Can we really assume Goku wouldn't jump or go airborne at all before he manages to defeat Link? Like yeah he can fight on the ground, but he do be using acrobatics and flight at times.

He might give a little jump to punch Link in the schnozz given the height difference. Not sure if Link is skilled enough to capitalize on that small window of time to use his bell tho.

No idea either, he could be, or he could not be, that's the magic of player choice and skill in a very ******* bad video game with zero cutscenes showing skill.

No idea either, he could be, or he could not be, that's the magic of player choice and skill in a very ******* bad video game with zero cutscenes showing skill.
Is that a vote for incon considering we don’t know if Goku would jump or fly nor if Link could/would capitalize on using the bell?

Then that’s a solid win con for Link as he can use the bell to freeze Goku for 8 seconds and then use multiple different abilities on him. Same applies if Goku decides to fly as he’ll be considered an airborne enemy.

However that’s incredibly situational and it’s up for everyone to debate if that alone would be the deciding factor of if it’s enough to give Link a win considering all the other advantages Goku has. I will say the bell is a solid win con for Link nonetheless.
The problem is we don't really know how the bell works. There are no statements about it in game, and it's never alluded to in the cutscenes or anything. It seems as though it's meant to counter a certain type of enemy, specifically the kind that flies at you and homes in on you from the air, but simply being airborne via jumping could also count, we don't really know. I asked Reddit and they confirmed there are zero enemies in the game that jump, so we can't confirm it.

Last edited:
Kakacarrot cake FRA
Bump and that’s grace!

goku-dragon-ball.gif

Back