• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

This Sukuna worship is insane

"oh he held back" "oh this or that." It's like the Meguna worship vs Maki. "Sukuna was holding back on Maki, that's why they went relative"

Sukuna is only holding back insofar as not using certain techniques or something like that
Uraume literally tells us it's Sukuna's cursed energy itself which is being suppressed due to a lack of interest, with us visually seeing that in how his stats fluctuate wildly (going from blitzing characters in one scene to clashing with them in other's), it's not Sukuna worship if I'm recounting to you what's in the manga. Also, even if we discard the holding back point, no one has been going relative with Sukuna yet; they've been jumping him INSIDE their domains and with sneak attacks and he's still coming out on top every time!

Uraume literally tells us it's Sukuna's cursed energy itself which is being suppressed due to a lack of interest, with us visually seeing that in how his stats fluctuate wildly (going from blitzing characters in one scene to clashing with them in other's), it's not Sukuna worship if I'm recounting to you what's in the manga. Also, even if we discard the holding back point, no one has been going relative with Sukuna yet; they've been jumping him INSIDE their domains and with sneak attacks and he's still coming out on top every time!
ah yes, damaging Sukuna is not being relative to him. Tanking cleaves is not going relative to him

It's like the Sukuna vs Gojo agenda but worse here, because he's getting beat up and nearly died like 3 times, surviving through ******* luck basically
It's really not. Sukuna at any point during this fight has had a way out if he ever needed it, and we have a literal statement confirming he's suppressing his cursed energy flow throughout the body (the thing which determines reinforcement output and cursed technique output), and we have feats to suggest that suppression is to a significant extent such as him perception blitzing Maki, Choso, and Yuji at moments. Not to mention Sukuna literally told Kashimo that his fulfilment in life is to taste the various flavours of humanity, and we've been told Sukuna was simply tasting the jujutsu of the fighters thusfar, meaning Sukuna wanted to push them to their limit so he can see what their full potential is - that's his literal purpose for living. Him doing so at his own expense makes perfect sense given it's the only reason he choses to keep on living to begin with.
Would using black flash be him holding back? Maki tanked two btw.
He can't use black flash at will so I don't see why him using a black flash implies he's not holding back. Not to mention a black flash has no implications on one's suppression level, it's literally just a striking strength amp applied to however much cursed energy you're applying at the point of contact.

You're both also ignoring the other factors at play. Sukuna's brain damage nerf was so substantial his CE efficiency can no longer allow him to perform RCT (something 2F Sukuna can do - though I'm not saying this necessarily makes current Sukuna 2F level, just outlining the massive drop in efficiency), his reserves have more than halved to Yuta's level, his control over Megumi has dropped substantially and undone the progress he made through the bath (suggesting his control is at around 10%), he's lost several limbs and been impaled through the heart which reduced his ability to fight at full power, and has had a chunk of his cursed energy erased via Angel's cursed technique. There's a reason why Sukuna punched through Choso with base punches initially only for Choso to later survive a black flash punch, suppression isn't the only factor here.

I'm feelin a little goofy
MDYVegq.png
I must maintain the agenda at all costs.

He can't use black flash at will so I don't see why him using a black flash implies he's not holding back. Not to mention a black flash has no implications on one's suppression level, it's literally just a striking strength amp applied to however much cursed energy you're applying at the point of contact.

You're both also ignoring the other factors at play. Sukuna's brain damage nerf was so substantial his CE efficiency can no longer allow him to perform RCT (something 2F Sukuna can do - though I'm not saying this necessarily makes current Sukuna 2F level, just outlining the massive drop in efficiency), his reserves have more than halved to Yuta's level, his control over Megumi has dropped substantially and undone the progress he made through the bath (suggesting his control is at around 10%), he's lost several limbs and been impaled through the heart which reduced his ability to fight at full power, and has had a chunk of his cursed energy erased via Angel's cursed technique. There's a reason why Sukuna punched through Choso with base punches initially only for Choso to later survive a black flash punch, suppression isn't the only factor here.
Black Flash is an ability gained from trying harder though. No one just hits one holding back.

maki if she went for the head:
Same shit but sounds cooler no?
Yeah no literally the same shit but cooler. The level of plot induced stupidity just to save Megumi is ******* stupid. I’m ngl, put any of my friends vs the literal population of a country… I’m picking the country (or ******* whole world at that)

They have gotta be one of the dumbest main casts

Yeah no literally the same shit but cooler. The level of plot induced stupidity just to save Megumi is ******* stupid. I’m ngl, put any of my friends vs the literal population of a country… I’m picking the country (or ******* whole world at that)

PIS in jjk reached its peak since chapter 36

what their full potential is - that's his literal purpose for living
No? He killed Higuruma before he became Gojo level, unless the statement of “talent equal to Gojo” is using the kanji for “ability/talent” which means something you have at the moment, and they mean skill on Gojo’s level / ability to learn Jujutsu

Have you never read a shonen before? One Piece, Naruto, Black Clover, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, etc. Like trying to save your friend from insane odds with insane risk isn't anything new. Nor is JJk particularly offensive in this measure.

Yeah they should just kill Sukuna
Maki should've aimed for the neck
And idk what Hana meant but Yuta didn't target the CT with JL because CTs are connected to flesh

It's so annoying atm

You’d pick a country of ******* monkeys with their inadequate, sub-human, fragile, smelly ugly bodies and weak mindset over your sorcerer brethren? You’re just like them. You can die with those monkeys then.
Suguru-Geto-But-Why-Tho-1.jpg

Have you never read a shonen before? One Piece, Naruto, Black Clover, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, etc. Like trying to save your friend from insane odds with insane risk isn't anything new. Nor is JJk particularly offensive in this measure.
Yeah but the thing is that whenever it's a real threat on Sukuna, the cast will suddenly try to take that risky move and when they fail, you have another character saying oh Sukuna isn't trying
It's annoying atm
Gojo was fighting to kill because he knew that when Yuji died before, Sukuna managed to come back, and yet he failed to kill Meguna and that was ******* Gojo
It's really arrogant and annoying move

Yeah but the thing is that whenever it's a real threat on Sukuna, the cast will suddenly try to take that risky move and when they fail, you have another character saying oh Sukuna isn't trying
It's annoying atm
Gojo was fighting to kill because he knew that when Yuji died before, Sukuna managed to come back, and yet he failed to kill Meguna and that was ******* Gojo
At this point I’d be fine with an asspull to kill Sukuna.

Black Flash is an ability gained from trying harder though
literally never stated
Sukuna after getting decapitated by Maki if she just aimed up:
That was explicitly a sneak attack so, idk how you think this demonstrates an instance of them pushing Sukuna into a corner via their own relativity to him
No? He killed Higuruma before he became Gojo level, unless the statement of “talent equal to Gojo” is using the kanji for “ability/talent” which means something you have at the moment, and they mean skill on Gojo’s level / ability to learn Jujutsu
Sukuna acknowledged Higuruma for manipulating cursed energy with equal efficiency as Sukuna had during his fight with Gojo, saw the absolute peak of his cursed technique, and then pushed Higuruma to his max before killing him off, and even then Sukuna chastises himself and wonders if maybe he killed him too soon. This does not go against my point at all.

Moreover, the plan was made before Sukuna got the keys to the merger and said he wanted to start it for fun, which requires him killing everyone, so initially the risk wasn't as high as it was

It's annoying atm
The cast isn't really taking risky moves though. They're doing the best they can. Like Higurama with the executioner's sword, they don't know if they kills sukuna and leaves megumi alive but they accept either outcome clearly. Then when Yuji and Yuta do their whole soul thing, they're not just setting up to free megumi but actively lowering Sukuna's output and control therefore making it easier to kill him if needed. The only real risky thing is Maki going for Sukuna's heart and the thing is, she didn't get an update that Megumi isn't home at the moment so she's just sticking to the same plan as before.

None of this is them being stupid, no one is pulling their punches right now or taking risky moves besides the fact they're fighting Sukuna

The cast isn't really taking risky moves though. They're doing the best they can. Like Higurama with the executioner's sword, they don't know if they kills sukuna and leaves megumi alive but they accept either outcome clearly. Then when Yuji and Yuta do their whole soul thing, they're not just setting up to free megumi but actively lowering Sukuna's output and control therefore making it easier to kill him if needed. The only real risky thing is Maki going for Sukuna's heart and the thing is, she didn't get an update that Megumi isn't home at the moment so she's just sticking to the same plan as before.

None of this is them being stupid, no one is pulling their punches right now or taking risky moves besides the fact they're fighting Sukuna
Yuta arrived late when Sukuna's RCT output got better and he admitted that he shouldve stayed and hes just putting excuses and that Maki could've killed Kenjaku the way he did
If he jumped Sukuna with Higuruma and Yuji they would've probably succeeded

Maki got 2 chances to finish Sukuna but nah she chose to cut his hand off and stab his heart

And while it wasn't during this arc, but Hana also once did a stupid move just to save Megumi

Next Yuji will also do something like that and then the narrator will repeat the same "oh did you know that Sukuna isn't trying?" line again

Instead of writing stupid decisions for the good side, just make Sukuna win by going all out, at this point its really annoying

Yuta arrived late when Sukuna's RCT output got better and he admitted that he shouldve stayed and hes just putting excuses and that Maki could've killed Kenjaku the way he did
So Yuta going to handle Kenjaku, the other big threat that's them taking a stupid risk? Okay
Maki got 2 chances to finish Sukuna but nah she chose to cut his hand off and stab his heart
Again, heart stabbing, no one updated her on Megumi's status and taking a hit where you can get it isn't the same as taking a risk. She's just hurting him however she can and taking Sukuna's hand is a pretty good idea when the man has world cutting slashes so she isn't being dumb there either.
And while it wasn't during this arc, but Hana also once did a stupid move just to save Megumi
Yeah, Hana made a mistake. Whoop de do, she's a fallible human. People make mistakes, and that can have terrible consequences, it's almost like that's a consistent theme in JJK.
Next Yuji will also do something like that and then the narrator will repeat the same "oh did you know that Sukuna isn't trying?" line again

Instead of writing stupid decisions for the good side, just make Sukuna win by going all out, at this point its really annoying
And at this point you're complaining about Sukuna being consistent in his characterization while also ignoring the story itself already making it clear he is ramping it back up. He's hit three blackflashes, that's not holding back at this point.

Nah dude just wait Gege cooking (its been 20 chapters since Gojo died and Sukuna is regaining his rct and has hit three BF, several powerful sorcerers have been lost, they’ve now progressed to using super duper side characters, Sukuna has shown the ability to use rct on his soul, Yuji has rct and can’t do it properly, we still don’t know what Yuji’s arms are for, Maki’s become effectively useless)

But yeah Gege’s got something planned (Sukuna’s now the one doing the merger, something that’s been teased since early 200s and known since beginning of culling games, Kenjaku is dead, Megumi’s given up life, Yuji’s got soul damage punches now but Sukuna has: fire arrow, black flash, rct, cleave, dismantle, simple domain, hwb, world slash, strong dismantle, four arms, an extra mouth, and oh yeah Gege’s writing the manga and he LOVES Sukuna)

I hope any future manga author looks at JJK and understands they need assistants

I was curious since didn’t gojo say in the latest chapter if black flash was just the definition of “insert the definition given when Yuji said it cause I forgot” then he’d be able to use it at will
While we know for sure now that Gojo has no issue with meeting the condition of timing a black flash the implications that has for his speed hasn't been decided yet.

While we know for sure now that Gojo has no issue with meeting the condition of timing a black flash the implications that has for his speed hasn't been decided yet.
Ah okay, but couldn’t we just calc the speed of black flash since there is a rule capping the speed of jjk characters at black flash speed, bit weird if there isn’t a number for it to cap at

Ah okay, but couldn’t we just calc the speed of black flash since there is a rule capping the speed of jjk characters at black flash speed, bit weird if there isn’t a number for it to cap at
There is no calcing the speed of Bf. It’s performed in a certain timeframe but nothing is really done in that time. We could calc a feat had someone done something in the timeframe of bf

So Yuta going to handle Kenjaku, the other big threat that's them taking a stupid risk? Okay
Yes because Yuta would've been much useful against Sukuna if he played a role in the excutioner sword plan
I mean idk why you would justify that when Yuta himself admitted that it was a mistake
0249-008.png

0249-012.png

0249-013.png

He admitted that Maki could've dealt with Kenjaku, he shouldve stayed, the situation now is Sukuna's output is better and he's closer to get his domain was his fault
Again, heart stabbing, no one updated her on Megumi's status and taking a hit where you can get it isn't the same as taking a risk. She's just hurting him however she can and taking Sukuna's hand is a pretty good idea when the man has world cutting slashes so she isn't being dumb there eieither.
She should've just went straight to kill him, taking his hand isnt good enough when you could've just attacked his neck, the same with his heart, again they are trying to corner Sukuna in order to make him incapable of fighting to bring back Megumi,
0220-017.png

And that's very risky, they were creating plans thinking how to save Megumi and how they will jump Sukuna when Gojo loses, but on the way they forgot that its the guy who might defeat Gojo himself

Yeah, Hana made a mistake. Whoop de do, she's a fallible human. People make mistakes, and that can have terrible consequences, it's almost like that's a consistent theme in JJK.
You're not getting the point, it's not just Hana, but also Yuta and Maki could've possibly killed Sukuna but chose to make other decisions that turned out to be wrong

And at this point you're complaining about Sukuna being consistent in his characterization
I'm not? Sukuna not going all out isn't what I'm complaining about
I'm complaining about the way the good side are making stupid decisions and getting beaten up for that when they could've done better and could've pushed Sukuna far more than that, while the narrative is still repeating that Sukuna isn't interested/ trying just to hype him more

If they hadn't done so, Sukuna mightve already gone all out

while also ignoring the story itself already making it clear he is ramping it back up. He's hit three blackflashes, that's not holding back at this point.
He is still holding back though lol, just because he's doing bfs doesn't mean he is going all out, he still has alot more to use (he stopped using RCT, he still has the fire arrow and who knows what he is still hiding even Gege in the fanbook said sth.like his CT has at least 2 applications, so he might have more than the fire arrow)

Back