• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JUJUTSU KAISEN SPEED DOWNGRADE CONT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the **** is subsonic in your favor when our point is that subsonic is the counterpoint.
you would know if you have been reading my post but let's make it simple.

Go calc the Maki feat.

Naoya blitzed her from a bare minimum 100m.

So go calc that feat and tell me what Maki's speed is based on the result.

Then explain to me how several mid/high tiers having feats ranging from subsonic to hypersonic is consistent with your conclusion.

Don't worry I'll wait.
You have like 3 accepted calcs on the profiles that prove this.
"You have 3 accepted pieces of evidence to prove your point" sounds pretty good to me.
There is no new evidence until you get new feats evaluated.
Not really. I don't need a calc to tell me Hikari's feat is going to be > Mach 3.

I don't need a calc to tell me that Megumi completing several actions and moving several meters away before an explosion hit him is going to be supersonic+-hypersonic.
Get them all evaluated then your argument holds weight
I already have evaluated calcs, and I have no problem waiting for explicit confirmation. But trying to say the feats are invalid and can't be used to discuss speed scale is just a statement on your part with nothing backing it up. Shit still happened that makes Mach 3 a laughable cap.

also no clue why takaba's feat was on the list for consistency

you cant scale takaba to anyone since all his states fluctuate
Not really. He still exists in the JJK world and despite him having RW powers
A.) NLF is a thing, there is no reason to assume his technique can allow him to just be >>> established top tiers. His powers were shown to work on a level where he could bully fodder.
B.) We have no idea of his power was in use especially since he had to use his speed to react to the blast. Him thinking it was funny and removing the damage is a separate thing.

you would know if you have been reading my post but let's make it simple.

Go calc the Maki feat.

Naoya blitzed her from a bare minimum 100m.

So go calc that feat and tell me what Maki's speed is based on the result.
This is called calc stacking you goofball
Then explain to me how several mid/high tiers having feats ranging from subsonic to hypersonic is consistent with your conclusion.

Don't worry I'll wait.
Send them all.
"You have 3 accepted pieces of evidence to prove your point" sounds pretty good to me.
That shit is ass compared to

"Human Naoya < Sound"
"Cursed Womb Naoya > Sound"
"Peak Naoya = Mach 3"
Not really. I don't need a calc to tell me Hikari's feat is going to be > Mach 3.
That's 1.
I don't need a calc to tell me that Megumi completing several actions and moving several meters away before an explosion hit him is going to be supersonic+-hypersonic.
Yes you do.
I already have evaluated calcs, and I have no problem waiting for explicit confirmation. But trying to say the feats are invalid and can't be used to discuss speed scale is just a statement on your part with nothing backing it up. Shit still happened that makes Mach 3 a laughable cap.
Send me every evaluated calc so I can bring up why they either scale or don't scale.

A.) NLF is a thing, there is no reason to assume his technique can allow him to just be >>> established top tiers. His powers were shown to work on a level where he could bully fodder.
How the **** is this an NLF
B.) We have no idea of his power was in use especially since he had to use his speed to react to the blast. Him thinking it was funny and removing the damage is a separate thing.
Doesn't his speed fluctuate????

Accepted Calcs:
2 (revised with the rubber bullet speed) 2.2 (other version using a higher bullet speed)
3 (the speed of the attack is Supersonic)
8 (The speed of attack is Transonic)
9 (After adjusting the bullet speed, it still results in Supersonic)

his power is brought as a being a possible threat to gojo. Thats pretty high tier

later on his power is also why he dodges explosions. you cant scale anyone to this guy

This is called calc stacking you goofball
No it's not? Do you know what calc stacking is?

Calc stacking inolves utilizing one number from a fan calc, and then utilizing that speed as the basis for another calc.

This is a direct athor statement by your own admission and not coming from fans. There fore the mach 3 speed can be used as the basis for determining Maki's speed.

Go make the calc.
Send them all.

That shit is ass compared to

"Human Naoya < Sound"
"Cursed Womb Naoya > Sound"
"Peak Naoya = Mach 3"
Casually treating bullets like a non factor is trash I suppose lol.

also, once again, the argument here is that Gege's supersonic statements are unreliable.

Staff has already told us that we determine if it's reliable by comparing it to other feats and things from the manga.

Therefore, stop ******* using the statements as evidence. It's circular logic. Idk why this is so hard to get.
Yes you do.
No I don't. I need calls for the specific number.
Send me every evaluated calc so I can bring up why they either scale or don't scale.
All calls have been posted in this thread by myself and Power.

his power is brought as a being a possible threat to gojo. Thats pretty high tier
Yes, the potential for his ability is Gojo level. You're jumping to the conclusion that every instance of his ability will be this level. Also, assuming he utilized it for a speed boost to intercept when that is never hinted at or verified.
later on his power is also why he dodges explosions. you cant scale anyone to this guy
Scan?

TThanks to everyone helping out, I'm down with a cold, anyway let me address something not yet addressed

Accepted Calcs:
Not relevant
2 (revised with the rubber bullet speed) 2.2 (other version using a higher bullet speed)
I am pretty sure the lower version of the calc is just as valid
And why would this scale to anyone exactly?
Looks good
Okay no one scales to sukuna also why is sukuna speed value getting a multiplier?
RW, unless he is 100 times faster than megumi
Seen an accepted lower value
Also no way he is 3 times faster than lightning.
Also why is this using cloud to ground lightning speed instead of electricity in the air speed?
This will be calc stacking since it uses the reactions of maki, someone whose speed is currently contested and the author thinks is below SOS
Pick one calc you cannot send many calcs for the same feat, anyway
1. The speed used for the bullet here is 450m/s, it is rubber bullet, that is impossible
2. She is 5 meters away watching someone point a gun at her, this is easily aim dodging as you can see her body move.

So how come this thing places her 4 times faster than the bullet speed (which is wrong btw)

Accepted Calcs:
This is not a feat at all.
"Readers eyesight" this makes no sense.
On top of that, this isn't accepted, nor is it even evaluated by CGMs.
These have been evaluated and accepted, look good to me
Beautiful.
Why does this scale to anybody's combat or reactions?
Bone to pick too. The frame shows that by the first frame, the attack is already there. It wasn't just rising from under, it was already there.
So the timeframe is wrong.
Curse Blitz
Subsonic+ calc. Not bad, doesn't support the superiority to sound point.
Personal issue of speed, it being superhuman is something I dislike, since a lot of these spirits on the lower end of the spectrum (Grade 4) don't show anything close to superhuman.
15 finger Sukuna
Why does this scale to anybody?
Evaluated and accepted.
I tackled this already. The assumption of his body being straight isn't logical, which is why I made my new calc.
Idk why this is accepted for 0.1 seconds. The timeframe we use for reactions is 0.2.

On top of that, this looks like the most off guard shit I've seen in a while. She clearly sensed it prior.
Screen_Shot_2022-08-23_at_1.02.02_PM.png

Evaluated and accepted. Looks good.
You guys confuse me.

Why are the maki feats supposed to be support to the narrative of MHS Maki (on the profiles)? Isn't this a downgrade?

Also, I don't think you know how this works.

When you have 2 or more calcs of the same feat, you need a calc group thread to discuss which one is the best.

Having 3 calcs of the same feat isn't 3x the support, you need to cut 2 out and find which one is the best.

No it's not? Do you know what calc stacking is?

Calc stacking inolves utilizing one number from a fan calc, and then utilizing that speed as the basis for another calc.

This is a direct athor statement by your own admission and not coming from fans. There fore the mach 3 speed can be used as the basis for determining Maki's speed.
You just said go calc Maki then calc Naoya off of that

That is calc stacking.

Not relevant
It is, anything even subsonic is relevant to debunking the mach 3 feat.
It's not. Please stick to arguing the current accepted calc for the bullet feat.
Because they got out of the way>
Okay no one scales to sukuna also why is sukuna speed value getting a multiplier?
Uhm, yes they do. 1 finger sukuna was literally getting treated like fodder to Gojo and Jogo himself was stated equal to bare minimum 5 finger sukuna (accounting for Kenjaku lying about the 7, or 8 finger statement). Not only that but Megumi directly says toji is >= to Sukuna from this very scene. So no.
Not really given that Megumi's current accepted speed is hypersonic.
Seeing a lower value doesn't make something valid.
Not an argument.
Also why is this using cloud to ground lightning speed instead of electricity in the air speed?
Because it was specifically stated to work like cloud-to-ground lightning and satisfied the wiki's standards?
This will be calc stacking since it uses the reactions of maki, someone whose speed is currently contested and the author thinks is below SOS
It's not calc stacking. They didn't use hypersonic reactions for it. This was also accepted.
1. The speed used for the bullet here is 450m/s, it is rubber bullet, that is impossible
Rubber bullet speed stuff was already addressed. Please argue the current accepted calc for this feat.
2. She is 5 meters away watching someone point a gun at her, this is easily aim dodging as you can see her body move.
aim dodging has been debunked and is blatantly not what occurs.

You just said go calc Maki then calc Naoya off of that

That is calc stacking.
No I didn't? I told you to use the mach 3 speed of Naoya and 100m to calc Maki's lack of reaction.

we just went over several feats where you outlined people being able to dodge things despite being slower pending on the distance.

Maki could not react to Naoya from said distance despite the top speed being mach 3.

Therefore Mach 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maki and thus anyone slower than her.

Which is the point of bringing up all of these subsonic-hypersonic calcs.

When you have 2 or more calcs of the same feat, you need a calc group thread to discuss which one is the best.

Having 3 calcs of the same feat isn't 3x the support, you need to cut 2 out and find which one is the best.
the literal whole point of my calc was to do this. A calc which is the latest to be accepted based on mistakes of the others and handled by Therefir.

Accepted Calcs:
I am actually briefly coming out of wiki hiatus to counter most of these feats. Some of which I had problems with way before I went on said hiatus.

First one I am surprised as **** that using readers perspective (?????) was an acceptable calc to do.

Second one we cant see the hand she used to calc the bullet we have to idea how close it is. The distance the bullet is to her head also changes between when it is about to hit her and when it finally hits.

Third one uses anime, then uses manga and with the anime shot we cant even see wtf is happening due t blur, it can even be argued that the tree was already coming out before the "focus" was on it. Not to mention no one even scales to it.

Fourth one in the manga panel, it is not even moving. In the anime one we dont know where his arm is before it attacks.

Fifth one Sukuna could have come from any direction and snuck up on Megumi. Also the distance in the second one is 420 m they literally could not have seen Sukuna with eyesight.

Sixth one, there is a delay before the explosion, one that the target is already reacting to.

Seventh one, I dont think he actually dodged it. It is more than likely that it was already fired forwards and his left shoulder was the easiest target. He ooks surprised, not like he dodged it. In fact, the next time, he is unable to doge and has to heal himself despite the blast coming head on at a greater distance.

Eight uses 0.1 seconds just because.

Last one has the same problem as the second.

Actually I used this panel as a based
That panel isn't when the hand fully rose though, so you'd need a new distance
Your part about Hanami is also wrong

But after all, will just be a outlier
Not really.

I'm watching it now
Screen_Shot_2022-08-23_at_1.26.03_PM.png

Plus we don't even see it. It's not like we see a panel of it partially risen, the whole thing is bad.

it starts off with a blur (dust cloud at the top), then we see the next few and there's more dust, and next the tree is already up

No I didn't? I told you to use the mach 3 speed of Naoya and 100m to calc Maki's lack of reaction.

we just went over several feats where you outlined people being able to dodge things despite being slower pending on the distance.

Maki could not react to Naoya from said distance despite the top speed being mach 3.

Therefore Mach 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maki and thus anyone slower than her.

Which is the point of bringing up all of these subsonic-hypersonic calcs.
Find a different distance, 100m is unfounded

I follow the tree's sound
that is so... unorthodox

what would that sound even represent? the tree was already at the top when the sound started.

i'm watching the video slowly with a 0.25 playback speed, the sound starts when the tree is already there

that is so... unorthodox

what would that sound even represent? the tree was already at the top when the sound started.

i'm watching the video slowly with a 0.25 playback speed, the sound starts when the tree is already there
In the video I use in the calculation it is easier to analyze

But if you say so

And as I said, it would be a outlier anyway

No it isn't. 100m is a generous lowball.

Here we can see that he is easily dozens of meters away from them. The next panel he is still continuing in the same direction and nose dives across the length of a lake. He then projects himself in the air and does a few circles before directly propelling towards Maki and blitzing her completely.
You're the same person who looked at a mid end subsonic feat and said it was supersonic - hypersonic.
I need somebody more credible to eyeball distances for me.

On top of that, we can see that he didn't blitz her completely. She saw him.

You're the same person who looked at a mid end subsonic feat and said it was supersonic - hypersonic.
I need somebody more credible to eyeball distances for me.

On top of that, we can see that he didn't blitz her completely. She saw him.
Ad hominem, by your logic I need someone else to to talk about calcs and speed since you didn't know what the wiki considers reactions speeds or know what calc stacking is. But go ahead. Even if you want to calc the length of the lake he swam across and add that to the distance we see him move in the first panel I showed (which would also be cutting out the distance from his position mid air to the lake he flies to) it's still going to result in a lackluster speed for Maki.

Yes he did. We blatantly saw in previous instances that Maki was only able to muster a block. She could not do such to Naoya in this instance despite that being the furthest he hit her from. To bolster this we have the fact that Gege narratively sets up Maki to think he's coming at mach 1 and that this speed she can barely react to, let alone triple that.

Ad hominem. But go ahead. Even if you want to calc the length of the lake he swam across and add that to the distance we see him move in the first panel I showed (which would also be cutting out the distance from his position mid air to the lake he flies to) it's still going to result in a lackluster speed for Maki.
Ad hominem nowhere. I said you're not credible.
You do know that if he was moving at Mach 3 the entire time (highball for speed reaction), and it was 100 meters, she'd have 10 seconds to react right?

We can see it wasn't a few circles. He ended up closing in, and when he first started to strike he was much closer than a hundred meters, plus he was covered by trees and he was faster than her reactions, not really something she can track.

You act like he ran in a straight line out, then he ran back. He ran in difficult to track movements and he still rammed her.
Yes he did. We blatantly saw in previous instances that Maki was only able to muster a block. She could not do such to Naoya in this instance despite that being the furthest he hit her from. To bolster this we have the fact that Gege narratively sets up Maki to think he's coming at mach 1 and that this speed she can barely react to, let alone triple that.
What?

We can look at her looking at him.

Not relevant
Kinda is as explained earlier

Assuming you're talking about the 60m/s. If so, then no Its been addressed multiple times.

Hanami did this while suppressed, not only that large scale attacks like this are slower than his smaller scale ones. Yuji and Todo dodged both types.

Not true. Toji in Shibuya by Megumi is stated to be equal if not faster than this Sukuna and while slower that MEgumi still reacts and dodges those Toji's attacks.

I'm pretty sure Dr white has countered that, if not fair point.

These have been repeatedly showing to use lower level electricity speeds which have been explained as why it isn't and scales to real lightning.

uses normal human speeds...

Same feat different interpenetration, this is one that she reacted further back. It shows cases that feat is still supersonic. As I've stated multiple times, even subbing the 220 rubber bullet speed it is still supersonic.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is not a feat at all.
"Readers eyesight" this makes no sense.
On top of that, this isn't accepted, nor is it even evaluated by CGMs.
Its said to be accepted by the calc creator so ask him about that. I'm taking it for it says. Also its been explained before how subsonic feats are not supportive in this as characters are also afriad of subsonic speeds.
Beautiful.
Why does this scale to anybody's combat or reactions?
Bone to pick too. The frame shows that by the first frame, the attack is already there. It wasn't just rising from under, it was already there.
So the timeframe is wrong.
Hanami did this while suppressed, not only that large scale attacks like this are slower than his smaller scale ones. Yuji and Todo dodged both types.

Curse Blitz
Subsonic+ calc. Not bad, doesn't support the superiority to sound point.
Personal issue of speed, it being superhuman is something I dislike, since a lot of these spirits on the lower end of the spectrum (Grade 4) don't show anything close to superhuman.
As said before, also this feat is only 2 times slower than a top speed Naoya.

15 finger Sukuna
Why does this scale to anybody?
3 finger Sukuna feat and Toji in Shibuya by Megumi is stated to be equal if not faster than this Sukuna and while slower that MEgumi still reacts and dodges those Toji's attacks.

I tackled this already. The assumption of his body being straight isn't logical, which is why I made my new calc.
This was countered, not only that speed was also explained to be wrong before and shown multiple times why its lightning speed which still resulted in Mach 500ish with this method.

Idk why this is accepted for 0.1 seconds. The timeframe we use for reactions is 0.2.
explained in calc.
Why are the maki feats supposed to be support to the narrative of MHS Maki (on the profiles)? Isn't this a downgrade?
Explained before, characters being Massively Hypersonic besides god tiers is false.So the idea we want them being MHS is not true. They're Supersonic in goodwill at least.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am actually briefly coming out of wiki hiatus to counter most of these feats. Some of which I had problems with way before I went on said hiatus.

First one I am surprised as **** that using readers perspective (?????) was an acceptable calc to do.

Second one we cant see the hand she used to calc the bullet we have to idea how close it is. The distance the bullet is to her head also changes between when it is about to hit her and when it finally hits.

Third one uses anime, then uses manga and with the anime shot we cant even see wtf is happening due t blur, it can even be argued that the tree was already coming out before the "focus" was on it. Not to mention no one even scales to it.

Fourth one in the manga panel, it is not even moving. In the anime one we dont know where his arm is before it attacks.

Fifth one Sukuna could have come from any direction and snuck up on Megumi. Also the distance in the second one is 420 m they literally could not have seen Sukuna with eyesight.

Sixth one, there is a delay before the explosion, one that the target is already reacting to.

Seventh one, I dont think he actually dodged it. It is more than likely that it was already fired forwards and his left shoulder was the easiest target. He ooks surprised, not like he dodged it. In fact, the next time, he is unable to doge and has to heal himself despite the blast coming head on at a greater distance.

Eight uses 0.1 seconds just because.

Last one has the same problem as the second.
Allegedly Accepted.

The hand was to her side and had moved from their to swipe the bullet of the way. This was discussed in the thread before these ones.

Anime images or times have been allowed as long as they aren't contradictory in portrayal, which it isn't, not only that there have been multiple statements regarding anime-manga being linked.

Again like the one above, the manga shows the arms right next to his head, and as before anime has been allowed to fill things for manga in calcing feats.

This is unlikely as there is nowhere else expect from where Sukuna could have come from, not only that Megumi didn't sense him until he was behind. This also takes less assumptions and Sukuna shows to blitz him while they fight he arrives.

I think this was was addressed above.

This isn't true and doesn't look anything like it. We see directly in front of his and that he pivots down to his right when it does hit him. Not only that but hits further away on him upper arm and not shoulder.

It uses human reaction speeds despite them already being above that so, its abit of a low ball.

Last one is a further away interpretation instead of in front of the face, and as explained for 2 the same thing.

Some of these things have been already been argued in the first thread prior to these two.

Ad hominem nowhere. I said you're not credible.
Based on one interaction. I just pointed out that you made several mistakes yet I am not making judgements about your arguments based on that.

So yes, by dismissing me based on that instance, you are committing an ad hominem. But go ahead, get someone to calc the distance.
You do know that if he was moving at Mach 3 the entire time (highball for speed reaction), and it was 100 meters, she'd have 10 seconds to react right?
Ok? She couldn't muster a block my guy. 10s means nothing and in fact literally makes it worse for her.
We can see it wasn't a few circles. He ended up closing in, and when he first started to strike he was much closer than a hundred meters
Proof? the circling happened in mid air and we clearly see he only moved vertically from the lake. Therefore we have the initial panel distance + lake distance.

And it was a couple of circles you can literally track his movements and there is less than 5 circles, which once again, happened directly above his position from exiting the water.
, plus he was covered by trees and he was faster than her reactions, not really something she can track.
He was literally in mid air and we blatantly see in the panel where Maki is blitzed that his coming from an opening. So no.
You act like he ran in a straight line out, then he ran back. He ran in difficult to track movements and he still rammed her.
He did. He ran away to build up speed. Circled to build up air and literally blitzed them from said position.
What?

We can look at her looking at him.
Ok? And Maki could not even move her hands up to block like she previously did despite Naoya also being faster than her there.

What are you even arguing?

Its said to be accepted by the calc creator so ask him about that. I'm taking it for it says. Also its been explained before how subsonic feats are not supportive in this as characters are also afriad of subsonic speeds.
@LIFE_OF_KING where is this accepted, because I've never seen this accepted for any verse a day in my life
Yet there's a calc of buds much smaller which were barely subsonic.
As said before, also this feat is only 2 times slower than a top speed Naoya.
2x can be a big difference depending on the verse.
3 finger Sukuna feat and Toji in Shibuya by Megumi is stated to be equal if not faster than this Sukuna and while slower that MEgumi still reacts and dodges those Toji's attacks.
Toji... is fast. I thought we knew this.
This was countered, not only that speed was also explained to be wrong before and shown multiple times why its lightning speed which still resulted in Mach 500ish with this method.
Give me all the proof for it being speed of lightning again.

My apologies for the repeated asking for proof, I need it all in one place to tackle it.
explained in calc.
Read what I said. We don't use that, so the timeframe is wrong.

He said "using faster than reactions, 0.1", when reactions is 0.2
Explained before, characters being Massively Hypersonic besides god tiers is false.So the idea we want them being MHS is not true. They're Supersonic in goodwill at least.
Aight.

Ok? She couldn't muster a block my guy. 10s means nothing and in fact literally makes it worse for her.
The average person can react in 0.2 seconds.

If it takes 10 seconds, then there's different context than a regular "Mach 3 with 100 meters"

Everything else you said is just headassery. It's logically stupid for it to be 10 seconds worth of reacting to a straight lined movement. There would be more context.

Toji... is fast. I thought we knew this.
Maki has the same power as him and is directly compared to Toji several times.
Give me all the proof for it being speed of lightning again.
Ch. 186
Finally, Hikari's reacts to Kashimo's lightning. This cursed technique is explicitly stated to work similar to lightning and is described as such. It also qualifies several of the wiki standards for lightning equivalence including; Causing electrolysis in water, having paralyzing effects, being conductive through metals, causing a steam explosion after transferring mass amounts to water (which Hikari reacts to) and having output stronger than normal lightning bolts. Now, admittedly, this level of speed is pretty much the actual current cap for the verse as it's a sure hit and while able to perceive it, Hikari could only slightly react and the third time is only able to heal mid-damage. But it still puts into perspective the scale of reaction at this level and mach 3 being beans especially with the feats preceding this one.

The average person can react in 0.2 seconds.

If it takes 10 seconds, then there's different context than a regular "Mach 3 with 100 meters"

Everything else you said is just headassery. It's logically stupid for it to be 10 seconds worth of reacting to a straight lined movement. There would be more context.
No, stop making bullshit up. You never directly respond to my points or simply dismiss them as illogical. Not debating in good faith.

More distance means more time to react.

Make could not react. Not one inch.

you have all the context.

You made your bed by claiming Gege clearly knew the speed scale. So lay in it.

Maki has the same power as him and is directly compared to Toji several times.
Yeah... because they're both raw without cursed energy, and they both can exterminate the Zenin clan. Never says that they have the same stats.

No, stop making bullshit up. You never directly respond to my points or simply dismiss them as illogical. Not debating in good faith.

More distance means more time to react.

Make could not react. Not one inch.

you have all the context.

You made your bed by claiming Gege clearly knew the speed scale. So lay in it.
Everything else you said was just "he did this, he did that". I'm not obligated in countering that, I'm obligated to counter the main point.

The main point is that it's illogical that it's only a straight line blitz because it'd take 10 seconds, and Maki clearly looked at him.

Nothing says it's a straight 100m line blitz, so unless you can prove that it is, I don't need to tackle it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back