• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Karin Miyoshi vs Groudon

What Cropfist said, pretty much. Even if Groudon has to go to sleep to use it, full heal via Rest makes it much tougher to bring down, especially if it can get Bulk Up beforehand.

Dunno how Karin's hax, like her Forcefield Creation & Explosion Manipulation work, but Bulk Up & Groudon likely having an AP/Dura advantage, especially with the possibility of Primal Groudon means even going up close with 4 weapons may not be enough.

It's also possible her explosions may be resisted by Primal Groudon -if Groudon can become Primal Groudon- here by way of its fire-typing.

Assuming it applies in the Cave of Origin, too....

There's also the issue that Groudon's sun would intensely heat things up, further testing her stamina, & possibly making her weapons more difficult to use if they aren't heat proof. The sun Groudon brings also amps its fire-type moves, whether it's Primal or not.

Groudon may also be able to flat out melt her weapons, thanks to moves like Eruption, Fire Blast, & Lava Plume. And it can fire instant Solar Beams thanks to its sun-summoning presence.

Add this to Earthquakes, & with Bulk Up & Rest, it can challenge her at range or, given a chance to Bulk Up, up-close. Rest's healing, too.

And Bulk Up further strengthens its Earthquakes, too!

Lastly, if BFR is considered a win condition, Groudon could possibly also achieve that through Fissure, too, assuming Karin can't fly.

I don't know Karin too well, but I'm not sure her chances are good here. My vote goes to Groudon.

I have to vote Groudon for reasons above.

Plus should Karin be burned, which she most likely will given Groudon's abundance of Fire Type moves that can do so, she'll be doing even less with her physical attacks. Hot Blooded gives Groudon passive healing if it's standing on lava/magma, soil, or sand and given that Groudon can passively create lava it's basically guranteed that Hot Blooded will be a factor. Precipice Blades is scary too given how quickly and easily Groudon can use it. If Karin isn't burned she may instead be paralyzed by Thunder. Lastly if that wasn't enough Groudon can also have its stats boosted by Ancient Power which increases the power of more than just its physical attacks.

I'm not sure Burn's attack reduction isn't just considered a Pokemon game mechanic. Hot Blooded is easier to abuse if it's in the Cave of Origin, which may have Lava, IIRC. I'm also unsure why Groudon has Thunder, as, AFAIK, we only use moves the Pokemon have in their level-up movepool. Thunder is a TM Move for Groudon.

Unless it's something like the Pokemon Conquest abilities. Still, you definitely have some points. Not knowing much else about Karin, I'm not sure what she can do here.

Groudon has Thunder for using it in the Adventures manga. Also yeah the presence of lava in the Cave of Origin does make Hot Blooded far easier to abuse. Becomes even easier if they end up on the surface and Groudon causes Mt. Chimney to erupt in addition to its own lava and that of the Cave's.

Back