• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Lower" ratings (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are totally different things. Even if we implement the "lower" rating concept, we are not going to use it for things like that. That stuff is pretty normal for 99% characters and belongs in the stamina/weakness section.
For characters who get much weaker via things like sickness and such, it's not normal.

I'm not referring to the average person who's attack gets weaker the more they fight.

Regardless, the main point of the OP was for transformations and abilities.

Yeah I agree with this, it's helpful in listing downscaling more efficiently, previously we only had "At most", which didn't exactly lead to the best sentence structure for some of these files.

I'm fine with using "Lower" but it should be used for stuff like a move that's specifically stated to be weaker than an the characters normal attacks by an unknown degree. Or if someone has a specific mode that lowers strength in exchange for speed or something and we don't know by how much.

I am fine with this strictly in cases where a transformation is stated to lower someone's stats. Like two or three examples were provided in the thread, they are fine. I don't think it will be used in a lot of profiles.

We try to avoid downscaling as much as possible, so I still have reservations about it being used incorrectly in places. And I am also strictly against using it in cases like "lower because he grows weaker as the fight progresses".

I think it's because it could apply to many characters since they obviously get weaker and hit less hard. I don't think that would warrant a "lower" otherwise many characters who don't have infinite stamina/energy would have it simply because they get tired in prolonged fights and in many cases would get weaker. That's just standard stuff that isn't note worthy in my opinion.

Agree with this
I am fine with this strictly in cases where a transformation is stated to lower someone's stats. Like two or three examples were provided in the thread, they are fine. I don't think it will be used in a lot of profiles.

We try to avoid downscaling as much as possible, so I still have reservations about it being used incorrectly in places. And I am also strictly against using it in cases like "lower because he grows weaker as the fight progresses".
I think Trunks’ Super Saiyan 3rd Grade’s speed drop is a textbook example of how to use this rating. Compared to how his current speed is rated for the key with it, it would probably look something like this:

FTL+, at least Massively FTL, likely Massively FTL+ as a Super Saiyan, higher with Super Saiyan Grade 2, lower with Super Saiyan Grade 3”

This is just confusing. Especially for people with faster forms after

"A-1, at most A-1 with this, higher with that, even higher with that"

It'd be better to do this

"A-1, lower with this, higher with that, even higher with that"
Hop prefers this, makes sense, slightly less wordy, much less confusing for new users. Should have been this way the whole time.

Well, AKM's compromise solution seems acceptable to apply at least.

1) I suppose that it would function the same way as our "higher" ratings, but am not a very good person to ask.

2) I do not know. Sorry.

So is somebody willing to write a draft for a regulation text based on the above?

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask this question here, but what if a character has a pre and post timeskip profile, and the character in question is weaker in timeskip than they were in pre timeskip. Would the "lower" rating be used in this scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back