• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I saw people that calims "Luffy is immune to hits so not even characters with an extreme AP adventage such as Saitama or Goku can't affect him with punches"

To what extent is this true?

Does Luffy's physiology really make him able to withstand attacks of a level higher than his conventional durability, or is this physiology already taken into account when describing his durability?

Also: How could you deny these people?

I'm pretty sure we do not take that statement seriously.

Yeah, that's what I want to know:

1. To what exent it is applied?

2. Is that "resistance" already applied in Luffy's durability section?

It's nowhere to the extent to where he can take hits from Saitama or Goku

Most of Luffy's durability ratings on his profile seem to stem from attacks imbued with haki, so I don't think his resistance to blunt force attacks is accounted for in those ratings.

Luffy's resistance to blunt-force would totally allow him to take hits from characters stronger than him physically and potentially nullify damage, but there's obviously a limit.

Characters who have not used Haki were capable of dishing out damage to Luffy with punches and kicks despite his elasticity i.e Rob Lucci, Doflamingo (Yeah this happened several times), Gekko Moriah (to some extent), and few others.

So if Saitama or Goku were to punch Luffy in the face with the intention of actually hurting or killing him, Luffy's dead.

The gap from Lucci to Luffy wasn't big iirc, so you wouldn't need even a 2x gap to bypass Luffy's resistance to blunt force in a vs. thread.

Both means Hao, Buso and Kenbu or just the last two? Anyway, i think it would only apply to that shockwave, no? Iirc that finger technique wasn't a Lucci-only thing, it wouldn't make sense to it to have haki (unless the theory about Rokushiki being a training to Haki being true, but it does not matter).

Yes no conqueor's only armament and observation:

I believe it's just stating Lucci has haki rather than the Rokushiki he's using ultizies haki. Since it's just treated like any other card. I'll check in 8 or so hours on the revision site because I believe it was on all the CP9 members, will get back to you on this.

Okay, thank you.

If it ends with CP9 not using haki in their Rokushiki, it would mean the gap does not need to be big to bypass Luffy's resistance, if they use... Moriah also wasn't a big gap, but he bypassed it much less iirc, so i would say an at least 2x gap would be needed in a Vs. Thread, and while the 2x is a completely arbitrary number from my part i don't think anyone would really disagree with a 300MTs Luffy not tanking a 600MTs attack for example, but any number less and the damage would only be reduced.

I thought the Vivre Card for Lucci was referring to Post-timeskip and not Pre?
It's mainly due to the revisions they made on the website Her but basically for Lucci's post time-skip Vivre card it says he's strengthened his haki over the time-skip & has Armament and Observation haki listed. And his pre-timeskip one was revised to have armament and observation included.

Luffy also ''suffered damage'' when hit by Garp, and even though Garp is 99.99% a Haki user, it would be pretty weird to assume he used Haki against his own grandson given it wasn't a serious fight.

It would probably only apply against attacks of his Tier (the closest to him, the less effective) or lower (full)

Back