• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mass-protecting pages (Staff only)

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I thought that I should inform the staff about this while we still have the highlight function available.

Basically, the mass protect script allows administrators and content moderators to unlock and then lock multiple pages that need to be edited by other members, so it is extremely useful.

In order to use the script, simply install it in your personal global.js page, as specified in the page linked below:

https://dev.wikia.com/wiki/MassProtect

To then use it during content revisions, please ask whoever that needs to edit several pages to supply a list of their exact names/titles, and then copy the text and paste it into the mass protect script box.

Then you select the "Block new and unregistered users" option for "Edit" and "Move", and click "Initiate" in the lower right corner of the mass protect module.

After the edits have been finished, you copy-paste the list again, but this time you select "Administrators and Content Moderators only" option for the "Edit" and "Move" boxes, before you press "Initiate".

Take note that there can not be any extra spaces between the page titles in the the list, or the script won't work properly.

I will supply images that illustrate an example of what to do step by step below.

By the way, I would greatly appreciate if you avoid using the "Add Category Contents" option, as it can quickly indiscriminately mess up the locking of large numbers of important pages.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Screenshot 20181130-080851 Firefox
Screenshot 20181130-080915 Firefox
Screenshot 20181130-080933 Firefox
Screenshot 20181130-081034 Firefox
Screenshot 20181130-081051 Firefox

Yes, but I think that it would allow other staff members to more easily help out.

Uhm, is there a reason for this to be Staff only? As I understand it, You are just instructing content mods and Admins on using a script right?

Yes. Since they are the ones who will use this, I thought that it would be easier for me to answer questions from them that way.

Take note that after you have finished, a pop-up confirmation box will appear. If you click "Close", the entire module will close, whereas it will remain open if you click the "X" icon.

Clicking the "X" is usually preferable, in case there were error messages, or you need to insert new page titles into the text box.

Screenshot 20181130-113440 Firefox

Am I out of the loop? Are we losing the ability to highlight?

EDIT: Never mind. Didn't see the other highlighted thread.

Would somebody be willing to inform all of the bureaucrats, administrators, and content moderators about this thread via their message walls?

VS Battles Staff

Thank you everybody for helping out.

Thanks again to everybody.

Also, it is probably best if you don't try this out until when you need to use it. That could mess things up.

No idea if I did that correctly, but it is copied into the page thing.

Bambu this only applies to content mods and admins. It's a script that lets them do what they already could do but to multiple pages at once.

So

I am a fool then, yes?

Got it.

Back