• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between how uninteresting Sam is most of the time and how flawed the series is (and the absolutely stupid shit about how we're supposed to have empathy for the villains and Sam acting as she was another victim), I have all the trouble in the worlds to tell myself this guy has replaced Steve

Between how uninteresting Sam is most of the time and how flawed the series is (and the absolutely stupid shit about how we're supposed to have empathy for the villains and Sam acting as she was another victim), I have all the trouble in the worlds to tell myself this guy has replaced Steve
Anthony Mackie seems like a decent guy, but his character is not main character material, Bucky is still far more interesting.

But then again, why did Cap choose Sam over Bucky?
imo I think it's because Sam stands for something more than Bucky, Bucky fights for good sure but Sam is on the same wavelength as Steve when it comes to their values. Something that I liked about the show that gets overlooked (along with everything else that isn't about the villains) is that it analyses what it means to be Captain America, it makes a point that the serum and powers don't make you Captain but rather the morals and what you represent to even be in that position, which suits Sam way more than Bucky.

imo I think it's because Sam stands for something more than Bucky, Bucky fights for good sure but Sam is on the same wavelength as Steve when it comes to their values. Something that I liked about the show that gets overlooked (along with everything else that isn't about the villains) is that it analyses what it means to be Captain America, it makes a point that the serum and powers don't make you Captain but rather the morals and what you represent to even be in that position, which suits Sam way more than Bucky.
I doubt Bucky would've been a worse Cap than John already is

I doubt Bucky would've been a worse Cap than John already is
That's not the point though, Bucky's a good soldier and if he was Captain America he'd probably do a great job but he wouldn't represent or stand for anything, which would honestly be the worst thing a successor to Cap could do.

I did like TFAWS a lot for it's grounded nature and how it reminds me of the old netflix shows

As for Phase 5, I predict:
  • The meek reception to the first season of What If? would result in not much attention and media hype, it would pass and people would move on.
  • Secret Invasion would attract the most attention because Nick Fury is involved and Samuel L Jackson is a big name. I assume that unless the show is the most mediocre thing in existence, people will talk about it.
  • Echo will attract a moderate amount of attention, only due to Daredevil appearing. I assume that most people will care about the show for this reason
  • Loki will get a decent amount of hype for the series, Loki is a big name, and people will still want to watch him again.
  • Agatha will get the least amount of attention among the Phase 5 TV Shows (She is a spin-off character for a 2 year old show people have forgotten about). I assume it will generate as much hype as Mrs. Marvel, or even lower.
  • Ironheart would be Phase 5's She-Hulk, the Anti-SJW camp of the MCU Community would go to war, it could potentially reach the backlash of Captain Marvel
  • Daredevil will attract many people to the MCU, and depending on the quality of the work, his show would generate the biggest backlash in the MCU Community, or it would bring fan attention to Wandavision levels. I'm just hoping it ends up like NWH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back