• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fine with keeping the current statistics of the profiles considering how many actually experienced members and even experienced staff members seem to share the same ideas

I'm not into the verse but always raised an eyebrow over how it was handled. I'll gladly look into this when I have the time.

I don't necessarily see why there's an agreement to the statistics staying the same when there hasn't been anything against what's been pointed out, outside of people being "more knowledgeable", which shouldn't affect anything about a thread.

I don't necessarily see why there's an agreement to the statistics staying the same when there hasn't been anything against what's been pointed out,
Read every comment that disagrees with your statements. They are pretty much smarter than anything you say
outside of people being "more knowledgeable", which shouldn't affect anything about a thread.
They actually know what they are doing and what they are saying. Unlike you with your LS lasers arguments. This is what you do huh? Respond to every comment during the night while they are tired while making extremely long and complicated responses to tire them out even further? If that’s the case, then it’s pretty much working and I don’t like it

I don't necessarily see why there's an agreement to the statistics staying the same when there hasn't been anything against what's been pointed out, outside of people being "more knowledgeable", which shouldn't affect anything about a thread.
Don't have to be hostile. Some of these arguments make sense. Eficiente seems as if he will give his assessmment. If he agrees and people still disagree, your "more knowledgeable" argument won't hold true. If he disagrees however you will get the proper disagreement you want and you can counter. It's a matter of patience.

They actually know what they are doing and what they are saying. Unlike you with your LS lasers arguments. This is what you do huh? Respond to every comment during the night while they are tired while making extremely long and complicated responses to tire them out even further? If that’s the case, then it’s pretty much working and I don’t like it
No need for hostility. It's not a big deal.

Read every comment that disagrees with your statements. They are pretty much smarter than anything you say
What? I read all of them and it's a general consensus, which was agreeing to Lightbuster's comment which made a response. I don't know why you're getting so mad or insulting me over it... :c
Huh?

I just have a different timezone... And I already made my arguments, it's not like they need to immediately respond at 8 PM, as I'm fine with long responses as long as they're actually countering my points or at least have a reason of disagreement to my premise. I don't know why you think I don't know what I'm saying, either, since I've watched this show since the beginning and I don't know why I'm being considered dumb because of something I interpret from the show...

What? I read all of them and it's a general consensus, which was agreeing to Lightbuster's comment which made a response. I don't know why you're getting so mad or insulting me over it... :c
You’re literally the one that accused me of not knowing how AP works when I know very well how it works and you don’t
Huh?

I just have a different timezone... And I already made my arguments, it's not like they need to immediately respond at 8 PM, as I'm fine with long responses as long as they're actually countering my points or at least have a reason of disagreement to my premise. I don't know why you think I don't know what I'm saying, either, since I've watched this show since the beginning and I don't know why I'm being considered dumb because of something I interpret from the show...
I didn’t realize you were in a different time zone. Sorry for the hostility. Still disagree with the thread though

So what are the conclusions here then?

So what are the conclusions here then?
Although Light is the only one to have done a full response against the downgrade, most staff have agreed with him.
Eficiente he said he would look it over when he had time.

Ok, so,
  • "Infinite power" claims are pretty meaningless on its own, and with context to apply them in way that doesn't mean High 3-A even more. Extrapolate from those claims are low standards in that context.
  • High 3-A very much cannot be applied to a feat where 1 star at a time is being messed up with by an immortal enemy who operates through centuries, that's basic.
  • The Elements of Harmony not causing 2-C damage on every attack but that being their destructive capacity is very logical, on its own.
    • That info about the Elements of Harmony being outdated by powerscaling & the like shouldn't mean all of it doesn't matter. That's not something anyone would ever say of any verse over outdated information, they would find ridiculous the idea of a whole text being wrong due to some parts not being outright wrong but having become wrong over time due to more being added to the verse. Although is there really no other source that states something among the lines of them working better with beings who represent each of them?
  • If there are maybe things yet to be brought up that would support 2-C then don't count on it to formulate an opinion now.

Ok, so,
  • "Infinite power" claims are pretty meaningless on its own, and with context to apply them in way that doesn't mean High 3-A even more. Extrapolate from those claims are low standards in that context.
  • High 3-A very much cannot be applied to a feat where 1 star at a time is being messed up with by an immortal enemy who operates through centuries, that's basic.
  • The Elements of Harmony not causing 2-C damage on every attack but that being their destructive capacity is very logical, on its own.
    • That info about the Elements of Harmony being outdated by powerscaling & the like shouldn't mean all of it doesn't matter. That's not something anyone would ever say of any verse over outdated information, they would find ridiculous the idea of a whole text being wrong due to some parts not being outright wrong but having become wrong over time due to more being added to the verse. Although is there really no other source that states something among the lines of them working better with beings who represent each of them?
  • If there are maybe things yet to be brought up that would support 2-C then don't count on it to formulate an opinion now.
Sooooooooooooooooooo you agree with the downgrade?

Staff disagreements: Phoenks, Maverick, DDM
Staff Agreement: Efficente

Firestorm was pinged, but never gave their two cents, so i can't put them down for either side. I'd say close the thread, but i personally agree with the crt, and find a 1:3 split too decisive to close.

Ok, so,
Sooooooooooooooooooo you agree with the downgrade?
Yes.

People can start by removing that "Stated that he can reshape all realities" claim as the reasons for that being wrong are the most clear. After that, idk, more people should look into this, and with proper attention.
Staff disagreements: Phoenks, Maverick, DDM
Staff Agreement: Efficente

Firestorm was pinged, but never gave their two cents, so i can't put them down for either side. I'd say close the thread, but i personally agree with the crt, and find a 1:3 split too decisive to close.
@Phoenks @DarkDragonMedeus @Maverick_Zero_X @Amelia_Lonelyheart @Firestorm808 @Tllmbrg

What do you think?

"Infinite Power" statements are often vague and prone to hyperbole yeah. But I still don't really mind keeping the likely 2-C ratings.

Thank you for the reply.

@Lightbuster30

Are you still unwilling to help out here? I would greatly appreciate your participation otherwise.

Yes I'm unwilling. I'm growing tired of getting into huge back and forth arguments. Not to mention my steadily decreasing activity on the site. It's just not worth arguing over anymore. Plus the cartoon community I'm most invested in on VSBW just feels so empty compared to a few years ago. All the MLP admins and supporters would be on an upgrade or downgrade thread like flies. All hands on deck practically.

I'm not trying to complain or anything, it's just hard to find the motivation to keep arguing anymore. I mean really? What's my reward for a potential headache from possibly long arguing? Keeping the status quo for the stats? Wow. Sounds great.

Okay. That is unfortunate. I don't think that a lot of arguing would be required in this case though.

Okay. No problem. It is probably best if he takes a break and returns later then.

Should we close this thread in lack of better options?

I don't mean to derail, but I understand and relate to Lightbuster's sentiment.

While I get that major verses are important (especially the big comic series with decades of content to read through), it can be disheartening to try and revise a more niche or generally less popular series as one of its fans on here. Sometimes problems come from feeling like you're the only person trying to keep a verse afloat, sometimes it comes from constantly defending the same points time and time again.

On top of that, it usually (though not necessarily in this case) takes long amounts of time to get even one member of staff in a thread. During that wait, one is just stuck debating in circles either for or against certain things for weeks or even months against just one or two other people.

Like I said, it's understandable when major verses need a lot of staff involvement or input, I get it. I can't pretend it's not upsetting sometimes to experience long droughts or to feel burned out when one essentially carries the full weight of a verse on their back half of the time.

I'm sorry if this was the wrong time to say all that. My main point is, I think I understand why Lightbuster may feel the way they do right now. There's just no energy to go through a thread like this right now.

Anyway getting back on topic, I personally don't see any harm in closing the thread as is, since staff has mostly disagreed with the revision. If their opinions still haven't changed, that is.

???? But there are disagreements, even a staff member disagrees now. Closing the thread even tho there’s arguements and counters the people who do agree with keeping the ratings don’t agree with is literally stonewalling.

Ur literally trying so hard for this not to get downgraded 💀

I don't mean to derail, but I understand and relate to Lightbuster's sentiment.

While I get that major verses are important (especially the big comic series with decades of content to read through), it can be disheartening to try and revise a more niche or generally less popular series as one of its fans on here. Sometimes problems come from feeling like you're the only person trying to keep a verse afloat, sometimes it comes from constantly defending the same points time and time again.

On top of that, it usually (though not necessarily in this case) takes long amounts of time to get even one member of staff in a thread. During that wait, one is just stuck debating in circles either for or against certain things for weeks or even months against just one or two other people.

Like I said, it's understandable when major verses need a lot of staff involvement or input, I get it. I can't pretend it's not upsetting sometimes to experience long droughts or to feel burned out when one essentially carries the full weight of a verse on their back half of the time.

I'm sorry if this was the wrong time to say all that. My main point is, I think I understand why Lightbuster may feel the way they do right now. There's just no energy to go through a thread like this right now.
Yes, I am well aware of this problem, but I handle a massive amount of tasks already for this wiki and community, and have more real world issues to participate in nowadays, whereas other staff members generally have considerably less free time available to help out than I do, so I do not know how to solve the issue.
Anyway getting back on topic, I personally don't see any harm in closing the thread as is, since staff has mostly disagreed with the revision. If their opinions still haven't changed, that is.
I personally do not mind if we close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back