• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
???? But there are disagreements, even a staff member disagrees now. Closing the thread even tho there’s arguements and counters the people who do agree with keeping the ratings don’t agree with is literally stonewalling.

Ur literally trying so hard for this not to get downgraded 💀
Well, our most knowledgeable member about this series does not have the energy to help out here, and it seems very unlikely that this revision will get sufficient staff support to pass.

Sometimes problems come from feeling like you're the only person trying to keep a verse afloat
This is also a massive reason why I don't like arguing for the verse anymore. Not to say no one makes arguments. Just I feel like I do most of the grunt work these days, with not a lot of support. Refer to what I said about everyone getting on this thread a few years back.

Honestly, when I was arguing for the canonicity of the comics for example, I doubt I would've gotten anywhere if Amelia hadn't stepped in and helped. I hate that. I hate it a lot. I don't like feeling like I'm arguing by myself. It's stressful.

Last edited:
Well, our most knowledgeable member about this series does not have the energy to help out here, and it seems very unlikely that this revision will get sufficient staff support to pass.
This is the harsh truth. Even if the thread had some merit, would there even be enough staff to pass the downgrade? Doubtful. It seems as if thread would be best closed for now.

Honestly, when I was arguing for the canonicity of the comics for example, I doubt I would've gotten anywhere if Amelia hadn't stepped in and helped. I hate that. I hate it a lot. I don' like feeling like I'm arguing by myself. It's stressful.
For what it's worth, I could try to help in the future, if you send some info my way to look through or help with. I was invested in the series a long time ago and don't mind looking through it

Yes, I am well aware of this problem, but I handle a massive amount of tasks already for this wiki and community, and have more real world issues to participate in nowadays, whereas other staff members generally have considerably less free time available to help out than I do, so I do not know how to solve the issue.
It's alright, Ant. I'm not personally blaming anyone or holding a grudge, because I understand there's a lot of real world and life to live and get through.

It just feels nice to have those sentiments be heard now and again. Y'all are appreciated either way, and thanks for listening.

If the staff who previously agreed want to either reaffirm their position or change their mind, they should do that first, and then the thread can be closed, or changes can be applied.

That seems like a fair compromise.

VSBW. The eternal laughing stock of battleboarding. Shame to see this thread go down in a similar way to the cooling calc thread (which'll totally be resolved). Yeah, i'm done, i know better to try and fight against people who see the easy way out, and instantly run towards it. Never ends well.

Easy way out? No, I'm taking the smart way out. I know when to call it quits and figuring out whats worth arguing over, and I can tell you; This shit ain't it. I never said I was going to continue at a later date or have the thread closed. I said I was quitting the arguments period, and letting people reach their own conclusions with or without me. Do us all a favor and get off your high horse.

Last edited:
Staff disagreements: Phoenks, Maverick, DDM
Staff Agreement: Efficente

Firestorm was pinged, but never gave their two cents, so i can't put them down for either side. I'd say close the thread, but i personally agree with the crt, and find a 1:3 split too decisive to close.
Shouldn't those staff be pinged once more? The original arguments that they agreed with were already countered before this, so it makes no sense to keep the disagreements based upon arguments that were already argued against and haven't been replied to, imo.

Easy way out? No, I'm taking the smart way out. I know when to call it quits and what is worth arguing over, and I can tell you; This shit ain't it. I never said I was going to continue at a later date or have the thread closed. I said I was quitting the arguments period, and letting people reach their own conclusions with or without me. Do us all a favor and get off your high horse.
who said i was talking about you. I know your done, you said your piece and dipped. I can respect that. Im talking about the notion that we should close the thread. So get that minconception out of your mind. As for high horse? What high horse? Is me asking for vsbw to hold themselves to a dignified standard being conceited. If so then ion see it as a negative.

Regardless, those were my two cents, id say i wont derail more then this, but the crt‘s being closed anyways.

who said i was talking about you.
Since Ant wants to close the thread due to my unwillingness to continue, it feels indirectly aimed at me. He wouldn't be suggesting it otherwise, so I feel like there's a bit of guilt on my end. I know he's also referring to other people, but I've been vocal enough with my walls of text, not to mention me directly voicing not wanting to continue. Heck, people earlier were wondering how to continue the thread since I wouldn't make counterarguments.

Shouldn't those staff be pinged once more? The original arguments that they agreed with were already countered before this, so it makes no sense to keep the disagreements based upon arguments that were already argued against and haven't been replied to, imo.
Phoenks agreed early on, and hasn’t appeared since, and iirc their original reason was due to your lack of a response. So there’s presedence in repinging them. DDM asserted their stance, but on a more shaky principle, and as for Maverick, eh i have 0 clue.

Up to vsstaff wiki in the end. Lets hope the gods favour you.

Since Ant wants to close the thread due to my unwillingness to continue, it feels indirectly aimed at me. He wouldn't be suggesting it otherwise.
If thats how you percieved it. You were mistaken. It was wholly targeted towards Ant, i have no contentions with you.

Even if I disagree with your points (and the way you went about saying this stuff), I agree with you that staff should make at least one last say on whether they still agree or now disagree.

Exactly. I don't think it's proper to quote moderators on stuff they said before when their opinions were formulated off of something that I just never got to properly respond to, which has been brought up above, especially with other moderators also commenting on it as well after everything was said and done.

If thats how you percieved it. You were mistaken. It was wholly targeted towards Ant, i have no contentions with you.
Well, what am I supposed to do exactly then, just keep this thread alive forever, even though there is too much staff disagreement and too limited participation from knowledgeable members for it to pass?

I suppose that I can do what was requested in the quoted post below though.
It's alright, Ant. I'm not personally blaming anyone or holding a grudge, because I understand there's a lot of real world and life to live and get through.

It just feels nice to have those sentiments be heard now and again. Y'all are appreciated either way, and thanks for listening.

If the staff who previously agreed want to either reaffirm their position or change their mind, they should do that first, and then the thread can be closed, or changes can be applied.

That seems like a fair compromise.
No problem at all. I will send a notification then.

@Phoenks @Maverick_Zero_X @DarkDragonMedeus @Amelia_Lonelyheart

Do any of you have anything further that you wish to add here?

Well, what am I supposed to do exactly then, just keep this thread alive forever, even though there is too much staff disagreement and too limited participation from knowledgeable members for it to pass?
Get staff to reaffirm, or get more staff involved. Not exactly impossible, and hey you went out to do it already, so it looks like the issue here can probably be solved.

Okay. Thank you for the replies. We can wait a while then, and if Phoenks and Amelia do not respond, this thread can probably be closed.

Okay. Is it fine if we close this thread then?

Yeah, go for it. Nothing here either.

Before it closes, I agree with Lightbuster and OverlordDonnelly. The system isn't perfect and has personally been a bit of a demotivator for me, hence why I'm not very active here anymore (the thread move was also a part of that. I personally enjoyed the cohesion when it was originally on the wiki). Discovering VSBW back in 2017 and seeing how far I've personally come and improved from that point, I definitely would say my journey has had some ups and down but overall I've had a good time monitoring it. With how things are now with IRL stuff, and the structuring of the community I just can't keep up with it.

Regardless, even if I don't always agree with some of things they do I commend the many members, both regulars and staff who still show their dedication in adding appliances to their favorite verses and the wiki itself to this day. Their hard work and care seriously does move mountains, Ant especially. If I'm not wrong he's coming up on almost 10 years sometime in the near-ish future.

Despite all what was said, I'll still be here though. Just my 50 cents.

I'd also like to mention that I feel for Lightbuster, the series was more fun to debate when the animated series for FiM was still on going. As was when a couple more staff members + former staff such as Amelia Lonelyheart (Who went by DarkAnine back then), Numbersguy, and Azathoth were more active.

Thank you for the nice compliment, EMagoIorSouI. I largely agree with both your and Medeus' sentiments. We are also all largely helping out as best as we are able, but even I have to make room for more real life activities than I used to nowadays, and as such have had to reduce my daily forum work time a bit.

I haven't been here for 10 years yet though, just almost 8.5 years. Catalyst75 has been here for quite a bit longer than me though. He arrived late in 2011.

Anyway, I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody who have helped out here.

Also, at least the new My Little Pony Netflix animated series seems pretty good so far, but the preceding one was, well, magic, as its name implies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back