• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob tries to exorcise a mob

Noticed it, too. I checked the Wither's behavior and abilities, I don't see anything related to death manipulation.

Wow, Mob is actually in a really tough situation here. The way this fight goes really depends on how quick-acting the Effect is. Mob could definitely dodge the skulls for quite a while and even harm the Wither by blasting it with psychic energy (how effective this is would diminish though, since he's also busy dodging at the same time).

However, Mob is in serious trouble should he be hit even once so it's a massive test of his resilience and maneuverability. Potentially Mob could send the skulls back at him or redirect them away using telekinesis and once he sees them explode on impact after dodging the first volley (well within his capabilities) he's gonna double down on his efforts to stay away from the skulls (Should he see their destructive effect before being hit, which is pretty likely, he'd definitely send them away from him).

The main problem is how Mob would deal with the Wither's range, Regenerationn and durability. A way I can see this happening is Mob being pushed to 100% by the mental and emotional strain of the battle (likely, considering he's fighting in the destroyed remains of his city against a powerful monster while likely worrying about whether or not this friends and family are even alive) and completely yeeting it out of existence.

TL;DR: Mob dodges the first volley of skulls, sees them explode on impact and decides not go get hit by using telekinesis to redirect them away from him. The frustration and stress of the battle push him to 100% and he destroys the Wither (who still has a win-con in defeating Mob before he explodes).

Voting for Mob.

Kamekaizen said:
Is disallowing key jump allowed to do in versus threads?
I mean, the Wither still has a considerable win-con so I think tier jumping is okay in this case.

Kamekaizen said:
Okay, okay. I want this to be fair and even as possible.
Honestly, this is as fair and even as you could get. Restricting 100% and ???% would make this a complete stomp in the Wither's favor.

I actually considered Teru to go up against the Wither but it would be a stomp in favor to the latter. But I also thought Mob would overwhelm the Wither with its vast abilities and his efficiency in using them. Well I guess this is why we have this thread to know that.

Kamekaizen said:
I actually considered Teru to go up against the Wither but it would be a stomp in favor to the latter. But I also thought Mob would overwhelm the Wither with its vast abilities and his efficiency in using them. Well I guess this is why we have this thread to know that.
Mid Regenerationn and limitless stamina mean that without 100%, Mob stands no chance. Even now it's pretty close.

SpookyShadow said:
Wither's mid regen is shit tier. He can be still killed.
I... don't follow. Mid regen should still make it almost impossible for a comparable character without hax to kill him so either Steve has Regenerationn negation or the Wither's regen is very pathetic. Either way, limitless stamina make this pretty hard for Base Mob but is nothing too insurmountable.

No, Steve has no regen neg. I think his regen comes from the fact that he can heal from arrow in the head, just like Steve can. But it can be bypassed easily.

Kamekaizen said:
If I remember correctly, the Wither has a chance to heal when he hits a target.
Does he have to explicitly hit a target to do so? Or do you mean that he needs to concentrate on healing himself and needs an opening?

Planck69 said:
Does he have to explicitly hit a target to do so? Or do you mean that he needs to concentrate on healing himself and needs an opening?
"The wither has a passive Regenerationn rate of 1 [hp] every 20 ticks (1 second), and a direct hit on a target instantly heals 5 [hp]."

Kamekaizen said:
"The wither has a passive Regenerationn rate of 1 [hp] every 20 ticks (1 second), and a direct hit on a target instantly heals 5 [hp]."
I'm guessing that's gonna be a problem for Wither, what with Mob redirecting and dodging his attacks. Still, his stamina would mean that Mob would be fighting an uphill battle until he reaches 100%.

Uh mob isnt dealing with the wither effect lmao.

2x AP advantage

Idk man I do not see much Mob can do here tbh

or wait mob has access to other percents?

Phoenks said:
Uh mob isnt dealing with the wither effect lmao.
2x AP advantage

Idk man I do not see much Mob can do here tbh

or wait mob has access to other percents?
Yes he does.

Did you not read my wall of text? I cri

no, he shoots heads that explode on impact which inflict the wither effect.

Its AoE

Also its a debuff that ignores durability causing you to passively lose health for a few seconds

Phoenks said:
no, he shoots heads that explode on impact which inflict the wither effect.
Its AoE
He sees the skull flying towards him and either flies straight out of the way or simply flings it to a distance from him with telekinesis. And Mob at this point is more for avoiding attacks than taking them head on. Once he sees it explode with more energy than he's capable of putting into his attacks, then he just keeps these skulls away while trying to blast him with psychic energy. Now it's just a matter of him avoiding the attacks until he goes 100%, which wouldn't take long.

Back