• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no ONE definitely cares about scaling. He even changed the fight with Elder Centipede because the original version would mess up the scaling. From the November 2017 stream

https://onepunchman.fandom.com/wiki/Interviews/Stream_Q/A_3

"Murata said he will send the sketches to ONE, awaiting approval and lines. He later updates on stream and said ONE is happy with the changes. ONE particularly likes the molting/evolving idea, said he had been trying to come up with a way to address the power imbalance for almost 2 days"

That was Boros' inner monologue that isn't supported by what actually happened whatsoever as all that happens is Saitama's clothes are damaged and his clothes are dirty. Even being punted to the forking moon didn't actually have any notable effect to him beyond him realizing he needed to hold his nose

Also gag

Two middle schoolers battle it out...lel

I'll go with Reige Mob.

Q: What if Saitama didn't hit the moon?

Murata: Serious fart or just simply blowing in the opposite direction will do the trick, feels like he is the only one living in a gag world hahaha, but this is just my guess, you still have to ask ONE sensei for the specific answer.

Huh. Well, As much as I like DB, and I see where they are coming from with this fight, but I just massively disagree.

Mob has more powers.

Tatsumaki has more EXP with her powers, but that really would not matter in the end. Mob is still stronger and more versatile. And, as soon as ??? is brought into things, It's over. This form is said to be capable of absorbing the planet's atmosphere. That alone puts it far above anything tatsu can do.

So, at least DP vs TM is gonna be cool.

Necromercer said:
Huh. Well, As much as I like DB, and I see where they are coming from with this fight, but I just massively disagree.
Mob has more powers.

Tatsumaki has more EXP with her powers, but that really would not matter in the end. Mob is still stronger and more versatile. And, as soon as ??? is brought into things, It's over. This form is said to be capable of absorbing the planet's atmosphere. That alone puts it far above anything tatsu can do.

So, at least DP vs TM is gonna be cool.
Whoa, where was it said that Mob could absorb the planet's atmosphere?

I mean, technically he can absorb anything

He can't absorb the entire atmosphere in any reasonable timeframe but technically, he is fine absorbing any given material in said atmosphere

Was speed equal in the previous match?

Also, DB was kind of BS. Tats should have been incap as soon as she got hit in the head.

okay so, think about it like this

if he absorbed the entire atmosphere

what would people have been breathing

Teruki would be dead lol

Then again maybe that's why he changes from bad to good who knows (Jk)

Still doesn't change much of the outcome of this fight tho imo

Phoenks said:
Idk but why isnt this inconclusive?
Since both of them scale to each other, I won't bother going on about physical statistics. However, ???% has better stamina, can ignore her Chi Manipulation, can absorb her attacks, is far more ruthless, could potentially absorb her psychic binding and replicate it himself, has self-healing to a small degree, resists Sleep Manipulation, has greater versatility and an reflect her attacks back at her.

???% still likely takes this.

Tatsumaki is faster

Mob can't absorb her attacks

Ruthless won't really matter

Stamina won't really matter

Phoenks said:
Tatsumaki is faster
Mob can't absorb her attacks

Ruthless won't really matter

Stamina won't really matter
Tatsumaki gets her speed from scaling to Mob so no, she's not faster. Hell, all the OPM Sub Rel characters scale to her and she scales to ???%.

...Yes he can. If 100% could absorb attacks from a comparable opponent then there's no reason to assume that ???% would fail to do the same. I won't even bring up how it's passive. Where are you even getting this from anyway?

I can agree.

Unlike ???%, Tatsumaki can't replenish her energy with the environment so if all else fails he can just wear her down and finish her off. Nevermind how he already starts with this advantage.

Tatsumaki has a technique to counter other psychics and render their "psychic waves" useless.

KGiffoni said:
Tatsumaki has a technique to counter other psychics and render their "psychic waves" useless.
OK. ???% just beats her up physically. Or copies the technique and uses it on her. Or just keeps on draining her regardless.

"beats her up physically" lol how?

His passive absorption hasn't proven to do anything?

This is incon bro

By..Phoenks said:
"beats her up physically" lol how?
His passive absorption hasn't proven to do anything?

This is incon bro
By....charging himself up with psychic energy and beating her up? Or flinging objects at her with High 6-C force? Her rendering direct psychic attacks useless doesn't mean she's immune to his attacks in general. And even if she used her psychic energy nulling techniques, ???% eventually replicates them and uses them against her at some point in the fight.

Absorbing energy across an entire city during the last arc of the series. Absorbing all of the energy from the surrounding atmosphere when he fought Teruki. Absorbing a combined attack from Toichiro and Sho. The fact that he would still maintain the absorption abilities of 100% Mob and the energy absorbed-to-total capacity ratio should at least be the same as before if not greater. But yeah, he has nothing to prove his passive absorption.

Hmm Tatsumaki can't do much about ???% not to forget he can come up with a good counter to her abilities. ???% can absorb her attacks

Bruh, Tatsumaki still wins half the time... They both have the same exact attacks...

This. Is. Incon

Phoenks said:
Bruh, Tatsumaki still wins half the time... They both have the same exact attacks...
This. Is. Incon
Please do not tell me you looked at both of their profiles and somehow came to the conclusion that they had the same abilities. Please tell me how Tatsumaki wins half the time, I really want to know this. The only reason this wasn't a stomp the first time around is because Tats can still feasibly beat ???% in a physical bout. She's outclassed in versatility, her psychic binding is useless and would cause more harm than good should Mob choose to copy it and use it against her, her psychic energy based attacks get reflected back at her or absorbed and her Sleep and Chi Manip get resisted hard.

We use the statement from ONE to scale their physical stats to each other, it doesn't mean that they literally cancel each other out in every way.

Mobs abilities litterally don't help him in this fight much at all..

And what I meant is they both use telekinesis which both yeild the same ammount of energy... Which means incon because they will both be doing the same ammount of damage to each other intill eventually one of them dies

Phoenks said:
Mobs abilities litterally don't help him in this fight much at all..
And what I meant is they both use telekinesis which both yeild the same ammount of energy... Which means incon because they will both be doing the same ammount of damage to each other intill eventually one of them dies
???% has greater stamina so his barriers will hold out for longer against Tat's barrage. Tatsumaki is going to have a far harder time harming him when most of her arsenal is rendered useless against him by his reflection, absorption and mimicry. Meanwhile ???% can still afford ranged options and could just null her powers with her own psychic binding if she doesn't go down. Nevermind how Tats can't attack and defend simultaneously unlike Mob.

Stamina just means he can fight for a longer period of time. Not that his Barriers will last longer..

Phoenks said:
Stamina just means he can fight for a longer period of time. Not that his Barriers will last longer..
On the wiki, durability and stamina are related in the way one character can tank a higher number of the same attack than one with lower stamina. Even if it wasn't, well, there's everything else for Tats to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back