• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My adventures with Superman general discussion thread

Also, we seem to have confirmed ages in this show now. Considering that Lois said she was 23

Also, we seem to have confirmed ages in this show now. Considering that Lois said she was 23
So superman would be similar? And in most versions of justice League he is like 40-50? Also based on next week trailer he is still unlocking powers? Ice breath is missing for example.

So superman would be similar? And in most versions of justice League he is like 40-50? Also based on next week trailer he is still unlocking powers? Ice breath is missing for example.
I think so, as I'm pretty sure he's the same as her. And about most of the JL version cameos, I can't really say for sure. And especially for the DCAU as it's been a long time since I've watched those. And yeah, he is still unlocking his powers, as he's fully unaware of all of his abilities yet, he even said he's still working on them.

Last edited:
We don't get any feats in the new episode per se, but we get a few interesting tidbits:
  • A Legion of Lanes seemingly built around protecting the multiverse from threats on the level of Mr. Mxy; they seem to have a history with Supermen going evil.
  • Superman gets his first taste of Kryptonite in the form of specifically-designed Kryptonite guns. Seems like they didn't hit him with enough doses to take him down for long.
  • Mr. Mxy is the most powerful character in the show so far- their fight in the ship shows them moving at roughly the same speed and even shows Mxy portalling Superman's lasers back at him while they're still in mid-flight.
  • His hat seems to be not the source of his powers but an amplifier; even without the hat he was able to break out of his prison cell, cast several illusions, and open portals between universes. His hat grants him a big enough boost to open likely an unlimited number of portals, create an army of duplicates, and fire blasts of energy.
  • I definitely think we need to give Mr. Mxyzptlk a key specifically for this version of him; he's still quite powerful but he works very well as a scaled-back version of him if anyone ever wanted to do a fight with him against someone not on a completely cosmic scale. Him against Rick Sanchez or The Collector would be a good idea.
  • I think this episode, while not having any outrageous feats of strength or speed for Supes, does display his creativity. He realizes pretty quickly that he can't just brute force his way to victory against Mxy so he comes with a way to trick him the same way he tricked him before- distract him by fighting him and making it look like he was defeated, boosting Mxy's confidence and giving his friends the time to strike. Goes to show that this version of Clark Kent really does need Lois and Jimmy not just as cheerleaders but as actual teammates who can help him when superpowers don't always cut it.
  • I always am a sucker for the multiverse, and the shout-outs to stuff like Ultraman, Justice Lord Superman, and various iterations of Superman are all very fun to me. The show seems to be going for a Spider-Verse situation, using the multiverse not just as a way of going "wow the stakes are really high now" but as a way to provide meta commentary for the characters. Why are we so fascinated by the idea of Superman going evil? It also seems like a commentary on the nature of adaptations; the other Lois Lanes (both intentionally and unintentionally) make this Lois Lane feel insecure by her own lack of accomplishments, which parallels nicely with how fans respond to new versions of characters by saying they're not nearly as good as the old ones. It goes as far as putting versions like the Fleischer Lois and DCAU Lois up on pedestals, making this Lois Lane feel smaller.

I am excited for next episode, the first part of a two-parter, and introducing a new superpower: super-hearing! He quite literally makes it out to be in the teaser that he can hear everything going on in Metropolis, and we even see a shot of him zipping around incredibly fast over the skyline.

With this being a version of Superman who still is yet to learn his true nature as an adult, I wonder how it'll be for him slowly discovering more of his powers.

Is the discussion still ongoing? I'd like to comment on Superman's alleged 8-A feat. If there's no other feats of him doing 8-A stuff, I say we bring him back to High 8-C+ 'cause I think it was miscalced and was actually just normal fragmentation, if that much (it seems like the steel was merely torn and bent at the middle).

...ugh, wish this forum would allow me to just upload images directly into it. Let me grab imgur.

I say we bring him back to High 8-C+ 'cause I think it was miscalced and was actually just normal fragmentation, if that much (it seems like the steel was merely torn and bent at the middle).
Using normal fragmentation still puts the feat at 921m^3 * 208 J/cc = 191568000000 Joules / 45.7858508604207 Tons of TNT (City Block level)

Is the discussion still ongoing? I'd like to comment on Superman's alleged 8-A feat. If there's no other feats of him doing 8-A stuff, I say we bring him back to High 8-C+ 'cause I think it was miscalced and was actually just normal fragmentation, if that much (it seems like the steel was merely torn and bent at the middle).

...ugh, wish this forum would allow me to just upload images directly into it. Let me grab imgur.

You can specifically see the tiny fragments in that frame as well and there's no real large debris left on the ground afterwards its textbook Violent frag. For everything aside from the portion that was just bent but that specifc portion wasn't even included in the volume of my calc so its fine, hell if I did account for it the calc would honestly be higher

Also that's not how ourstandards work he'll still be 8-A via trading blows with the robot

You can specifically see the tiny fragments in that frame as well and there's no real large debris left on the ground afterwards its textbook Violent frag. For everything aside from the portion that was just bent but that specifc portion wasn't even included in the volume of my calc so its fine, hell if I did account for it the calc would honestly be higher

Also that's not how ourstandards work he'll still be 8-A via trading blows with the robot
Except this isn't true. You can see the metal got BENT. You don't see large debris because you don't even have full fragmentation of the vast majority of the metal. It just got torn and bent.

Except this isn't true. You can see the metal got BENT. You don't see large debris because you don't even have full fragmentation of the vast majority of the metal. It just got torn and bent.
You can literally see that if you measured the bent portion that wouldn't make up for the missing space there was frag here

You can literally see that if you measured the bent portion that wouldn't make up for the missing space there was frag here

Oh. So the calc was made with what was left?

Oh. So the calc was made with what was left?
Yes like I said this doesn't account for any of the portion that was bent just what was actually gone, say like in this shot as well, there's a very noticeable gap where you clearly see there's not enough of the bent portion to fill the gap that was made

I see. Is the profile already made? Am hyped to see VBW represent Superman from this specific series! He's getting a bit out of hand already (peak of tier 8? damn) but I like to see a squishier Superman who is not invincible and faces difficulties

I see. Is the profile already made? Am hyped to see VBW represent Superman from this specific series! He's getting a bit out of hand already (peak of tier 8? damn) but I like to see a squishier Superman who is not invincible and faces difficulties
Nah I'm working on it tho

We're still waiting for Season 1 to finish so that the profiles can finally be released so we don't have to go through nightmares of making CRTs for when everytime a new episode drops

Was Earth 508 Supes the one from justice league ultimate? Just watched the episode and it was actually really good. I would have preferred Mxy being a little more serious but I overall liked his strong troll attidude. Also Lois seend that some alternate Supermen didn't have the people's interest in mind was a good motivation for the plot to move.

Also this Mxy didn't really used his abilities on the fullest I believe because in case he did he is by far the weakest one right? I mean he got illiusions, portals and some energy beams but nothing noteworthy. Oh he did turn Superman into stuff though...but maybe that was also illusion. Also one of the Supermen showed ice breath so hopefully ours will also.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem really like a Mxyzptlk thing to be serious- he's always been a cartoonish troll who likes to mess with Superman. This version is definitely not nearly as powerful as other versions, but the fact that the multiverse-traveling Loises find him to be such a serious threat does tell us he may become far more dangerous.

I had no idea there was a thread for this show. I've been watching it since around the drop of episode 3 and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The Legion of Lois's is a bit out of left field, but I don't necessarily dislike the concept, what's more relevant is how the authors go about them in the future. Clearly they are rather antagonistic towards Superman, but I think there outta be a better justification for it than "Some Superman variants are evil" when there is literally an infinite number of them, meaning there are infinite bad ones and infinite good ones. And they clearly have reliable means of taking down Supermen.

I think Mxy is aight, his voice can get a bit grating, and I really don't like this new design they went for, like I see what the intent was but after seeing the classic, more human-like Mxy with all the purple for so long, seeing a weird blue imp looking think is a bit jarring, I'm hoping that in the future of this show, assuming it becomes a greater series, Mxy comes to adopt the more iconic form, and that this is more so his "true" form. This show also EXTREMELY nerfed him, but it is what it is, that often happens with animated shows compared to their source material. It seems like Mxy isn't a 5th dimensional imp, and honestly not even really much of a reality warper. Just a mischievous magic user that has some specific and unique abilities in his arsenal. Overall I don't hate this Mxy but I think he could've been better done.

Still, one thing I loved about this episode was that it shows us that this world IS apart of the DC multiverse. This Superman show felt more like a spin-off standalone of the old archetype than something actually apart of the overall DC verse. Now that we have that connection, the show feels a lot more at home with DC, which is nice, and that's coming from someone who isn't really a big DC fan. Most of my knowledge of DC comics is a result of being in the powerscaling community for so long.

Another thing of note that I haven't seen mentioned much; So, there was an underlying tone of the episode where Lois and Clark of this world are made out to be seemingly kind of special, compared to "most" (idk how it can be that way, the majority of infinity is just infinity) other versions of themselves. Disregarding the fact that them being uniquely special would be contradictory and illogical, one thing that I think might by tying into that is that the group of Lois's that subdued Superman briefly with Kryptonite seemed certain that he was down and out of the situation, even going as far as calling him neutralized. The Kryptonite had completely invaded his body and even started taking shape in its crystal form because of how much was fired at him. But when he realized that Lois was in potential grave danger, he immediately recovered from it and started using his powers again just fine. Which makes me wonder if maybe this version of Superman is going to have a resistance to Kryptonite. This is further reinforced by the fact that it seems Kryptonite is about to become a plot point in the season.

Loving this show so far. Ups and downs for sure, but I love the style and theme, and I think I'm in the minority when I say that I honestly love the anime esthetic, very unique. Can't wait to see more.

I think that the most exciting thing about this episode is the world building potential. The fact that we got this means we're 100% getting the more big-time villains like Darkseid in the far future, probably the next season. And I swear to god, Darkseid BETTER be a ******* menace and not some comedic type villain, I would probably drop the show if that happened.

Actually, I suspect that there could be an end credits scene in the finale that will hint at Darkseid. Or perhaps General Zod.

I think it was a good idea. Nothing amazing or anything but it does feel like our Lois would do in the future and they seemed to want ot connect her to the prime one. Also yes Mxy seemed to be a chaos god as he said rather than a higher dimensional being. He did say that Superman is stronger than him but that might have been just pure physical stats? No idea I guess time will tell. Do we scale Mxy with hat to Superman? Also I'm puzzled about what Mxy initially did to Superman. Did he turn him into stuff or did he make him feel like it?

I think that the most exciting thing about this episode is the world building potential. The fact that we got this means we're 100% getting the more big-time villains like Darkseid in the far future, probably the next season. And I swear to god, Darkseid BETTER be a ******* menace and not some comedic type villain, I would probably drop the show if that happened.

Actually, I suspect that there could be an end credits scene in the finale that will hint at Darkseid. Or perhaps General Zod.
I doubt they would treat darkseid like that considering how they’re treating task force x. Also I think braniac is supposed to be the upcoming big bad or something. I could be wrong though

Just watches the episode and good god that was utterly insane, next weeks episode can't come sooner

Also yeah dude has like a supersonic maybe supersonic+ speed feat this episode

Back