• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure where the speeds for Izuku and Bakugou are coming from in the My Hero Academia Verse the link on Deku's page brings us to Bakugou's page and it says he's been known to react to his own explosions but there's no link or calculation I'm not really sure how the speed of an explosion is under even Mach 1.

I propose we use the average speed of a basic Nitroglycerin explosion since that is what Bakugou secretes which would come in at 7,700 m/s from this table of detonation velocities and that would convert to Mach 22.63, or Hypersonic+, this would of course scale towards Izuku (shown as equal and reacts to him) , All Might, Gran Torino, etc.

tought id be marvelized to no end with hypersonic MHA, this could jump the gun a little, because this would mean that attacks like iidas reciproburst or edgeshots uncoil agaisnt AFO would be over TWENTY times faster than what they claim to be, tought this is not so weird from many anime.

the main doubt is that there are speed centered characters who claim about their speed, and its concistently subsonic to mach 1, at least from the narrative standpoint

Pretty much everyone whose fought Izuku whose reacted to Bakugou's explosions. Or those whose superior to him in speed like Gran Torino or AFO especially.

You can ask a few calc group members about this.

I also second this upgrade given the fact that literally anyone important has reacted to Izuku and/or Bakugou's movements and attacks.

All Pro Heroes should be at least comparable due to being a step above students.

Also, explicit statement about Bakugou's nitroglycerin-like sweat.

Official stats.

I agree with Reppuzan. Even certain villains too perhaps?

I also remember there being a feat where one of the villain using the fogs was about to shoot a girl, but the steel type guy (forgot his name) managed to close in and block the attack.

@Core

Yeah, major villains would scale as well for being a legitimate threat to our heroes.

I also believe you're talking about this feat.

you will have to consider the distance and the expansion rate for this, but yeah i expect something much higher than mach1, and most likely in the hypersonic+ ballpark

the exact value for the speed will depend on the particular feat

@TLT

How's this? All Might dodges a point-blank blast from Bakugou with ease while heavily handicapped.

First of all, the explanation is really vague, so before this is used you'll need to find scans that prove this.

When you have the scans you can calc his speed using the info from this page.

only beef i have with this upgrade is:

when did bakugou react to his own explosions?

and if that was the case All might at the time he fought AFO would have reached the fighting place a lot sooner (afterall he blitzed bakugou and deku easily (but in the same fight bakugou kept up with allmight for a short burst of speed, and deku blitzed allmight right at the ending of the fight where he took bakugous unconscious body with him))

in short, it seems not that likely for me that the top-tiers of the verse (afterall that speed would go for bekugou, todo, deku, iida, AFO, the tooth villian, shadow-boy, allmight, gran torino, orca etc etc) get such a jump in speed only based on a reaction feat of a relatively low-tier char of the verse :/

Reppuzan said:
@TLT
How's this? All Might dodges a point-blank blast from Bakugou with ease while heavily handicapped.
allmight didnt dodge,

he went towards bakugou in order to attack him, bakugou used his explosions in order to change his direction so that deku can have a suprise hit...

I don't disagree, but I saw this type of upgrade being rejected

One of of them was made by me, also including a link to narutoforums to support this

@GreatestSin

Bakugou used his explosion to force All Might to lean backward to not get hit.

Even still, he's more than capable of reacting to his own explosion given that he regularly uses them for propulsion and to make hairpin turns.

In addition, the discrepancy in speed can easily be addressed as combat speed rather than travel speed.

@Reppuzan

in the scan you provided the only thing that happened was that bakugou showed up in AMs back which made him change direction and start to move towards bakugou, than bakugou used his explosions and changed direction mid air, the next moment he gave the signal and deku did the explosion beam, AM never reacted to explosions,

but that doesnt make it count as reactin towards explosions, bakugou uses his explosions as a form to accelerate his speed, but that only involves fine control of "how much strength each explosion must have" and "in which direction the explosion goes to", neither of this two require a reaction feat towards explosions, with enough training and experience everyone with that quirk could pull that off...

but the explosion-beam happened in short length too, even as combat speed it would mean that he still could escape it if the scaling worked :)

@Core

Yes, All Might is faster than virtually everyone, but students, who weaker overall than pro heroes, are able to react to them.

Even Uraraka, who isn't known for being all that fast, was able to repeatedly avoid taking direct hits from Bakugou's explosions. She still got hit in the end, but not enough to knock her out.

@GreatestSin

Bakugou fires off multiple explosions in rapid succession to steer in mid-air. If it was just one explosion, I would concede. But Bakugou regularly uses four or five explosions in rapid succession, particularly for attacks like his Howitzer Impact. If he wasn't able to react to the expansion speed of his own explosions there would be no way for him to steer, much less maneuver.

@Reppuzan

he doesnt need to react to the explosion but to his own bodys state of acceleration,

imagine yourself in bakugous situation, you use a explosion with both of your hands and that will shoot you into the air, and after the energy of the explosion is exhausted your body gets into a state where it neither increases or decreases in height, that moment can be felt even on the swing, and the nest moment starts the fall of your body to the ground again,

and bakugou sets of another explosion in either of the three stages, either he was still having speed and he doesn another explosion(which would kind of waste a part of the energy) or does it in the "stopped" stage which is the optimum moment or in the "falling" part (where he would need extra energy to counter the pull of the gravitation on his body),

this can be done with enough practice and experience with the quirk, and bakugou also has immense intuition so he can do it in a lot of different situations...

PS: uraraka never dodged any explosion of bakugou, she was still inside the explosion, her "lines" can be seen at the left side inside the explosion

@GreatestSin

What indication do you have for this? Because right now all I'm getting from your argument is speculation on how his Quirk works.

Bakugou is repeatedly stated to have "ridiculousreflexes" for being able to use his explosions this way and fight the way he does. It's not some innate feeling he has, but something that he's refined through his talent, hard work, and experience.

^it isnt how his quirk work but that is how a object works that is getting influenced by sudden and temporary acceleration, and bakugous body isnt any different than a object that experiences accelerations from different directions...

and i agree that it was never a innate feeling, it obviously comes from experience,work and talent, but that does only mean he has incredible control over his quirk, the comments only say that much, his quirk control which include "how strong" and "in which direction" the explosion goes nothing more...

Regardless of "how strong it is" it's still a Nitroglycerin explosion any way you slice it. Unless someone would like to tell me otherwise, I don't believe explosions vary in speed based on the intensity of an explosion given that the fuel remains constant.

If he wasn't able to react and modify his explosions to fine tune his direction, he wouldn't be able to steer.

Reppuzan said:
Regardless of "how strong it is" it's still a Nitroglycerin explosion any way you slice it. Unless someone would like to tell me otherwise, I don't believe explosions vary in speed based on the intensity of an explosion given that the fuel remains constant.
If he wasn't able to react and modify his explosions to fine tune his direction, he wouldn't be able to steer.
I agree with this as well, honestly.

Reppuzan said:
i never argued about the speed of the explosion, but you dont need to be able to react at explosion-speed if you want to handle it for accelerations...

as for directions and him handling it: he isnt at the same speed as his explosions, and he only need to control the strength of the explosions, this is what the students praised very early in the story...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back