• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1062: "Adventure in the Land of Science" (Fan Translations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegapunk hyping up the King of Hell and Devil Child is easily the highlight of the chapter for me!

So Bonney was Kuma's daughter like so many people theorized over the years, glad to see it confirmed.

Lucci's, Kaku, and Stussy are heading towards the island with Seraphim Kuma...interesting. If all the Seraphims are supposed to be kids, Kid Kuma was massive.

And it looks like Aokiji was one of those shadows we saw some chapters ago that arrived in Chocolat Town since it's been completely frozen over. I wonder if the other shadow was the 10th Titanic Captain.

And it looks like Aokiji was one of those shadows we saw some chapters ago that arrived in Chocolat Town since it's been completely frozen over. I wonder if the other shadow was the 10th Titanic Captain.
But why would Aokiji freeze terrified civillians? Doesn't seem like a very Aokiji thing to do

But why would Aokiji freeze terrified civillians? Doesn't seem like a very Aokiji thing to do
While you have a point, who else in One Piece has that ability?

Plus, Aokiji's a pirate now in Blackbeard's crew and he has to do whatever it takes to earn their trust since it's well known he's a former Marine Admiral. We already know Burgess doesn't trust him and I doubt he's the only one.

Either it's Aokiji or a completely brand new character with a new devil fruit with ice related powers and this really doesn't have anything to do with the Blackbeard Pirates. We'll see.

Either it's Aokiji or a completely brand new character with a new devil fruit with ice related powers and this really doesn't have anything to do with the Blackbeard Pirates. We'll see.
Maybe Aokiji got merked off-screen and one of the Blackbeard pirates has his devil fruit now (Although this is unlikely)

1046-001.png

FeS4Mx1WQAUHDCS

I'm pretty sure that was Aokiji

Man Atlas reminds me of an Astroboy character lol.

Also, is Atlas technically a giant loli?

Last edited:
Another crack theory i've heard: Shanks didn't go to WB directly the 1st time he wanted to inform about him how dangerous BB really is, but instead sent Rockstar to troll WB, giving him Rocks' flashback.
QjRuptY.png
Lol. Could you imagine Shanks really trying something like that with Whitebeard?

I've been seeing people theorize that Zoro's request could have something to do with a cure for the people who were forced to eat the Smile fruit back in Wano. If that does happen, that would be really nice for his character.

I just assumed Zoro was about to ask her about the rest of the crew on her island.. but him caring about the smile fruit victims would be a good twist, considering he was right there when they laughed during Yasui's execution and looked pretty pissed off/felt most attached to that whole thing

I just assumed Zoro was about to ask her about the rest of the crew on her island.. but him caring about the smile fruit victims would be a good twist, considering he was right there when they laughed during Yasui's execution and looked pretty pissed off/felt most attached to that whole thing
I saw a guy on Worstgen post a screenshot of Zoro saying " Hey Vegapunk. There's something I want from you, so you'd better play nice... Got it? " and then him saying "I'm grateful, but I still have a lot of questions. I hope someday we'll find out what Kuma was really thinking." https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ure-in-the-land-of-science.32746/post-3528980

Man I feel a bit bad for Vegapunk. He is so advanced and far ahead compared to the rest of the world, that his ideas are literally restricted by how far behind the world and how even good engineers can't even comprehend his blueprints and the WG can't even fully fund his projects.

There are only a literal handful of people in the world that can understand his genius (canon characters, not gonna include non canon).

Franky, Queen, Judge, Caeser Clown, and Lindbergh off of the top of my head.

And he's still ahead of these geniuses.

Last edited:
Man I feel a bit bad for Vegapunk. He is so advanced and far ahead compared to the rest of the world, his ideas are literally restricted by how far behind the world and how even good engineers can't even comprehend his blueprints and the WG can't even fully fund his projects.

There are only a literal handful of people in the world that can understand his genius (canon characters, not gonna include non canon).

Franky, Queen, Judge, Caeser Clown, and Lindbergh off of the top of my head.

And he's still ahead of these geniuses.
Tech like what?

Just want a list.

A list of Vegapunk's super advanced tech
Didn't you read the chapter? He/She's got stuff like gloves that can grab light and treat it as a solid object, thus letting you hold and use Holograms and what not. He/She's also got a machine that makes food out of edible ingredients, but Atlas complained that she didn't have many people to help her that could really understand her intellect or actually significantly help her with the project, so there's only one of those machines.

I'm including the Punk's as all one Vegapunk since they're all parts of Vegapunk.

What Monkey listed, a device that allows the user to manipulate and change the weather and climate of an island at will down to the soil and also detect loving organisms, cyborgization of humans and animals alike, laser technology, discovered and cracked the genetic code of life (DNA) which they used to create modified life, hologram technology, robots, mech suits, seastone coating for the marine battleships.

Like the list goes on. A crap ton of the technological leaps that we see throughout the series and the world at large are thanks to his help.

Without him, the OP world could very well be stuck in 1500's tech level for the most part. Like he truly has changed the world to an insane degree.

As Rob Lucci said, he's the single (Vegapunk as a whole including the punks) most useful man in the world.

I'm including the Punk's as all one Vegapunk since they're all parts of Vegapunk.

What Monkey listed, a device that allows the user to manipulate and change the weather and climate of an island at will down to the soil and also detect loving organisms, cyborgization of humans and animals alike, laser technology, discovered and cracked the genetic code of life (DNA) which they used to create modified life, hologram technology, robots, mech suits, seastone coating for the marine battleships.

Like the list goes on. A crap ton of the technological leaps that we see throughout the series and the world at large are thanks to his help.

Without him, the OP world could very well be stuck in 1500's tech level for the most part. Like he truly has changed the world to an insane degree.
Plus some type of Power Mimicry to a degree since he made a Mihawk Seraph that could split a mountain in half and then a bit of the island too, all in one swipe.

A list of Vegapunk's super advanced tech.
DF gene copy, Food maker , Robot/Cyborg/eskeleton body, Electromagnetic wave manipulatiom, 3D Hologram, Biological copy, weather control, Duplication of himself with different nature and thought, High Tech weapon, and posibly All Caesar, Judge and Queen Tech also independent energy tech

Additionally, this chapter raises an intriguing philosophical question too. We normally don't consider holograms to be "real" things because they are intangible, but do they become real by becoming tangible?

In other words, is "reality" limited by our perception?

Honestly the philosophical question of "what's real" has been around for thousands of years, and the answer varies between person to person since one person's belief of real might not be the same as another's belief. It's a great question.

Honestly the philosophical question of "what's real" has been around for thousands of years, and the answer varies between person to person since one person's belief of real might not be the same as another's belief. It's a great question.
True, but I wasn't expecting this to be brought up in One Piece. Then again, it pairs well with the Lulusia incident that just happened. Imu constricts perception with brute Force and propaganda, while Vegapunk expands it with scientific advances

Personally I think rebirth is the most likely thing, ESPECIALLY in the One Piece verse, where it's shown souls are actually separate from bodies (Brook, for example) and Devil Fruits are reborn after the user dies ( Zoan fruits are sort of sentient so them being reborn is actually significant ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back