• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Beefcake Size Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beefcake has an official size of 270 meters. This should be ignored as he is consistently drawn to be much taller, dwarfing mountains and clouds.

This would be considered Death of Author, as Beefcake's size is clearly vastly larger than 270 meters.

What I propose is to instead calc his height based on a fullbody panel of him (like this), and use that as his new size. This thread's purpose is to have a discussion on whether we should keep the 270 meter size, or do what I proposed.

Didn’t we try something like this before and it didn’t work? Not that I disagree with the logic, I just don’t really see what’s different here.

and there is, that's where I come in.
trumpets sound
Enough is enough, well, actually I think you are right, many times the sizes are not precise, they can be either bigger or smaller, but in this case, it is the most obvious case that beefcake is bigger than what it officially is.
in fact even in the anime he is always above the mountains and clouds (in fact the clouds cover his balls)so i accept this

I don't see why it can't just be foggy, as well as the possibility that those just aren't big mountains or are just far away
I feel like it's more reasonable to assume that the statement is true and then just decide that other things are just abnormal, instead of believing in mountains and clouds over official statements
I'd see the point if it were more extreme but the way it's drawn I just don't see it being much, especially since there's already a cloud placed for censoring and sorta comedic effect.

I feel like it's more reasonable to assume that the statement is true and then just decide that other things are just abnormal, instead of believing in mountains and clouds over official statements
I'd see the point if it were more extreme but the way it's drawn I just don't see it being much, especially since there's already a cloud placed for censoring and sorta comedic effect.
You're acting as if there was only one cloud present. There were multiple, all much shorter than Beefcake.

Clouds like that (cumulus) are at the lowest, 600 meters in the air.

I don't see why it can't just be foggy, as well as the possibility that those just aren't big mountains or are just far away
What I'm saying is, it's sometimes inconsistent.
but you have to know when it is inconsistent, it is like those people in the past (about the last decade ago) who said that ttgl measures only 100000 light years and if it measures like 5.28E+9 light years it would be something that would not make sense (when then they realize that literally the super spiral space is a place many times larger than the normal universe)

I'd say just calc him as he is in the panel where he does his feats, because it's not just his size being different from the guide, but the fact it changes, sometimes drastically, between panels in the same chapter.

Just calc whatever feat needs calcing, as he is as the feat is happening because there is no right answer for this.

They aren't that distant (unless these are the size of Mount Everest) or at that extreme of an angle for him to be far smaller than them here.

Even if you go by small mountains, 270 metres pretty out there.
Given how he can crush cities and 8 storey buildings barely reach his heel, I'd say it certainly is extreme.

I think we should stick with the official height due to the amount of consistency with his size showings in general.
At one point he completely dwarf mountains, with his head and hands being shown to be comparable probably larger than them, then in the next panel his hand is comparable to his under 2m tall brother.
The page after that we see that mountain dwarfing height is exaggerated as he’s presented comparable in height to a mountain right next to him.

Then he goes onto the city, thought dwarfing it, clearly isn’t at those levels of dwarfing mountains (which already dwarf cities). Then right before he attacks the city, his hand and head is shown smaller than medium sized building. Then his fist again is shown to be comparable in size to the buildings with him dwarfing the whole city the panel right after this.
Saitama jumps on him, with him and Beefcake’s brother being comparable in size to BC’s head. He’s also comparable to saitama’s hand.

He gets mad punch saitama shown to dwarf the city again and the next panel we see that like 3 floors of somebody’s apartment is comparable to BC’s hand.

His size is inconsistent in all the planels he’s shown in with him being taller or even smaller than 270m in some of them.
Calcing it just creates more inconsistency.
I believe its more appropriate to use the official height.

I think we should use this to find his size. /s
IMG_8402.png

I have to disagree with an accepted calc.

Beefcake is insanely inconsistent.
What about doing what Chariot advised?
I'd say just calc him as he is in the panel where he does his feats, because it's not just his size being different from the guide, but the fact it changes, sometimes drastically, between panels in the same chapter.

Just calc whatever feat needs calcing, as he is as the feat is happening because there is no right answer for this.

Send the feat
What feat?

Like I said in the OP, this is just to discuss how to approach Beefcake's size. Now that it's been agreed upon by 2 staffs, this is now considered accepted.

This can be closed I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back