• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Disaster Ratings Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This is the first thread, where it's agreed scaling based on disaster levels should be more context-based.

I've decided to make a part 2 since there's a lot of interconnected profiles that'd also need to change, as well as some other revisions.

Sorry this is so thread is sloppy.

Drive Knight Lifting Strength (Implemented)​

Lifting Strength: At least Class M (Should be superior to the likes of Suiryu)

This isn't remotely justified, especially since (to my knowledge) Drive Knight's only lifting strength feat is ripping off the head of a Wolf or Tiger level threat that could toss cars.

His lifting strength should just be Unknown, or maybe scale to Genos for contributing to the Promoted Rook.

Sweet Mask/Fuhrer Ugly's Speed (Implemented)​

Fuhrer: At least Massively Hypersonic (As a Dragon level threat, he should be superior to the likes of Royal Ripper. Was noted to be quick by Sweet Mask)

Sweet Mask: At least Massively Hypersonic (Capable of reacting and blocking Fuhrer Ugly even when frozen by his fear of Ugmons, superior to most other A Class heroes)

This is just horrendously bad circular scaling. Fuhrer and/or his more mutated states can just scale to Gums and Tanktop Master, which would get a somewhat similar result anyway. If we do choose to give those feats to his stronger forms (not claiming we should or shouldn't), Sweet Mask can just scale to Iaian, Bushdrill, and Do-S.

Rover Lifting Strength (Implemented)​

Rover manhandled Garou and was barely moved by his punch. We can just remove the current justification and scale him to Half-Monster Garou, if not Bang and Bomb for easily weathering a stronger version of the attack that pushed back Elder Centipede.

Suiryu and Bakuzan (Implemented)​

Why should Suiryu scale to Iaian when even Genos doesn't? He and Choze have many calculable speed feats anyway, as well as scaling to the likes of Snek and Lightning Max even in a severely weakened state.

As for Bakuzan, I'm actually tempted to say he does scale to these kinds of characters given how Gouketsu treats him, but his current justification definitely needs more meat to it. For lack of better options, maybe he can just scale to Suiryu.

Melzalgald (Implemented)​

The speed justification, again, is just scaling to Demon level threats. I'm particularly iffy on Melz because Metal Bat consistently blocked all of his attacks, despite being matched or outclassed in speed by Garou (who's about on par with BG and RR) while amped significantly by Fighting Spirit.

He could scale to Iaian, but we're planning on separating his profile into two keys. If that doesn't go through, he'd probably just downscale vastly from Bang (who blitzed him), upscale from Sky King, and be comparable to PPP and base Metal Bat.

Metal Knight's Armour (Implemented)​

His building tanked attacks from Sky King without a scratch. Metal Knight's armour should scale.

That's all I can remember for now. I might go over some other profiles throughout the thread.

Last edited:
I agree with everything besides Rover one. I don't see how those attacks scale to lifting strength

I agree with everything but why not scale metal knight to Class 5 for beheading the tiger level threats, since they're throwing cars anyway and he's depicted as being massively above them?

We do that with a lot of feats that are hardly representative of a character's real statistics.

Lifting Strength: At least Class M (Should be superior to the likes of Suiryu)

This isn't remotely justified, especially since (to my knowledge) Drive Knight's only lifting strength feat is ripping off the head of a Wolf or Tiger level threat that could toss cars.

His lifting strength should just be Unknown, or maybe scale to Genos for contributing to the Promoted Rook.
This one is seems fine. Also I'm pretty sure ripping the head off a character doesn't mean you scale to their LS. I dunno what LS is ripping off heads, but we can upscale Drive Knight from that.

I disagree with that Genos scaling tho, I feel like there's no reason to scale the two just because they combine.

This is just horrendously bad circular scaling. Fuhrer and/or his more mutated states can just scale to Gums and Tanktop Master, which would get a somewhat similar result anyway. If we do choose to give those feats to his stronger forms (not claiming we should or shouldn't), Sweet Mask can just scale to Iaian, Bushdrill, and Do-S.
Iaian supposedly scales to the likes of Homeless Emperor because of his balls IIRC? Wouldn't that also lead to circular scaling if Sweet Mask upscales and then Fuhrer Ugly?

Rover manhandled Garou and was barely moved by his punch. We can just remove the current justification and scale him to Half-Monster Garou, if not Bang and Bomb for easily weathering a stronger version of the attack that pushed back Elder Centipede.
Second one is fine. I should note I plan on removing Human Garou's Class G in a while later.

Why should Suiryu scale to Iaian when even Genos doesn't? He and Choze have many calculable speed feats anyway, as well as scaling to the likes of Snek and Lightning Max even in a severely weakened state.
I agree to this. I asked for that 4th one MANY times but no one got to it. :|

As for Bakuzan, I'm actually tempted to say he does scale to these kinds of characters given how Gouketsu treats him, but his current justification definitely needs more meat to it. For lack of better options, maybe he can just scale to Suiryu.
Ehhhhh disagree. I think it's weird to have a dragon level character who's main gimmick is being strong, as magnitudes weaker than many Demon level characters. I think Bakuzan is fine where he is.

The speed justification, again, is just scaling to Demon level threats. I'm particularly iffy on Melz because Metal Bat consistently blocked all of his attacks, despite being matched or outclassed in speed by Garou (who's about on par with BG and RR) while amped significantly by Fighting Spirit.

He could scale to Iaian, but we're planning on separating his profile into two keys. If that doesn't go through, he'd probably just downscale vastly from Bang (who blitzed him), upscale from Sky King, and be comparable to PPP and base Metal Bat.
I'd say just upscale from Sky King as that's the only solid one. Him knocking out Bang only warrants "possibly far higher" given how Bang was blitzinng him for 99 percent of the fight. PPP and base MB were also blitzing him for most of the fight, so Melzalgald should scale to neither. Early Iaian also doesn't really have much feat of his own outside of the Melz fight.

Melzalgald should be: "At least Hypersonic (Was able to kill Sky King before he even reacted), possibly far higher (Was able to land a hit on Bang, albeit Bang had his guard down when it happened)"

Also I should also note that Bakuzan was clapping an already beaten down Suiryu, which does somewhat make scaling him above Suiryu questionable if we decide to go that route.

It's more reliable to scale Bakuzan above Choze and Gouketsu was more impressed with the former than the latter.

Also I'm pretty sure ripping the head off a character doesn't mean you scale to their LS. I dunno what LS is ripping off heads, but we can upscale Drive Knight from that.
It absolutely does. You're exerting more force on them than their body can withstand.
Iaian supposedly scales to the likes of Homeless Emperor because of his balls IIRC? Wouldn't that also lead to circular scaling if Sweet Mask upscales and then Fuhrer Ugly?
If so, then Iaian would scale above HE. That's just horrendous scaling in general.
Ehhhhh disagree. I think it's weird to have a dragon level character who's main gimmick is being strong, as magnitudes weaker than many Demon level characters. I think Bakuzan is fine where he is.
Still, it needs better justification, like 'should be comparable to other executives'.
Melzalgald should be: "At least Hypersonic (Was able to kill Sky King before he even reacted), possibly far higher (Was able to land a hit on Bang, albeit Bang had his guard down when it happened)"
Sure.

There's absolutely no grounds for that. Most of the executives themselves won't really even scale to them after this.

Because of this entire thread.

Also, I misspoke. I meant to say for just being Dragon level. Most of them would already scale to other equal or superior characters.

That might or might not be coming later. My plans kind of fizzled out after I was translating 5 novel-length pieces of media.

So have you reached any agreements here?

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

So what currently needs to be evaluated and decided here?

The other ones were pretty weak, so here's this one.
I think we generally used ~1/75th of a second instead of 1/220th of a second for calcs like these. This blog has an explanation.
Given that these guys could fight somewhat on par with A-Class heroes, displayed super speed and were watching glowing beams for some period of time, 1/220 seems more than reasonable.
@CloverDragon03 @M3X @AbaddonTheDisappointment

What do you think about this?

What are we deciding for the speed and AP of Geryu and Groribas and the LS for Boros' generals?

They should just scale to Melz. Boros says they're his top combatants, and wanted both Melz and Gery to fight Saitama together after hearing Gror was killed.

Unless Geryu can react to his own attacks and stuff like that, I don't think we should scale his LS or attack speed to them.

Would Boros get to upscale to "At least Massively Hypersonic" from normal high level demons or does he become "At least Hypersonic, possibly far higher" by upscaling from his generals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back