• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Disaster Ratings Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really has no speed feats or much scaling, aside from being vaguely superior to his subordinates. Unknown is best.

In a subjective versus match kind of way, yes. But Unknown is far more accurate for indexing, especially due to Geryu's attack speed.

We can just go Unknown (Far superior to his subordinates; was confident in fighting Saitama even after he effortlessly one-shot Geryuanshoop)

It's basically the same result, but without a specific rating.

In a subjective versus match kind of way, yes. But Unknown is far more accurate for indexing, especially due to Geryu's attack speed.

We can just go Unknown (Far superior to his subordinates; was confident in fighting Saitama even after he effortlessly one-shot Geryuanshoop)

It's basically the same result, but without a specific rating.
I agree.

But that's not really the case since we do have one solid thing, so it's not really unknown.
That is the case, since the gap is completely unknown and extremely vague. We did the same for Drive Knight before.

Also, trust me, people are going to become apes after seeing that Boros is only at least Hypersonic.
We don't scale geryu's attack speed to anyone but Saitama, so I don't see the point here.
There's constant talks of it, but we can never get anywhere.

That is the case, since the gap is completely unknown and extremely vague. We did the same for Drive Knight before.

Also, trust me, people are going to become apes after seeing that Boros is only at least Hypersonic.
I'm pretty sure they're gonna go completely ape all the same seeing Boros as unknown.

Fair point, but they can't argue that he's literally done nothing except get punched.

On that one, we already scale him to possibly Continent level for something he actually did do.
Armored Boros simply never lamenting on Saitama destroying his ship shouldn't be anymore impressive or different to actually lamenting on Saitama beating on his subordinates. Nor should it be considered any more impressive since during that very same report Boros mistakenly thought only the top combatants could handle him.

Sealed Boros and the top combatants should be on the same level of strength since the same reasoning can be used. Unless you're going to shirk the statements aside and rewrite the page entirely with new interpretations of scaling it seems hardly necessary to change Boros' current keys like that. Honestly, out of things I find questionable of Boros' page I don't think this is one of them.

Firstly, 'never lamenting' is a gross under exaggeration; Boros outright wanted to wreck him after this. Secondly, I was actually talking about his durability feat. Third, Saitama was holding back massively the entire time, so your point about him mistakenly thinking the top combatants could win doesn't make any sense.

Literally never said they can't be scaled. Did you even read my post? I just said Boros should be Unknown rather than at least Hypersonic, just like the Drive Knight stuff.

Last edited:
So have you reached any conclusions here, and should we call for more calc group members to help you out?

Thank you for helping out.

So what, if anything, is currently left to do here?

Unknown (Far superior to his subordinates; was confident in fighting Saitama even after he effortlessly one-shot Geryuanshoop)
I… don’t see why Unknown would be more accurate here. If you’re gonna definitively say that he’s superior to Melz, Groribas and Gery, then he should straight-up scale to their speed.

And as for Gery’s attack speed making it weird, I think just doing “At least Hypersonic (Far superior to his subordinates), possibly far higher (Was confident in fighting Saitama even after he effortlessly one-shot Geryuganshoop)” would make more sense.

Same as Drive Knight; it's just not at all representative of his speed.

Those last two are part of the same justification.

As a compromise, I suppose we could just go Unknown, at least Hypersonic, possibly far higher like we used to do with Boros' and Saitama's profiles.

Wdym it’s not representative of his speed, he has literally no speed feats. How can it not represent something we literally didn’t see?

I separated them to imply that maybe Boros scales to Gery’s attack speed, but it’s unclear, hence “possibly far higher”.

Wdym it’s not representative of his speed, he has literally no speed feats. How can it not represent something we literally didn’t see?
Literally the point. He has no speed feats, or really anything to indicate his level of speed. Him seeing his minions as massive fodder is accurate, but not really close to ascertaining his true speed.
I separated them to imply that maybe Boros scales to Gery’s attack speed, but it’s unclear, hence “possibly far higher”.
Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because they'd essentially just convey the same thing.

Anyway, what do you think of this suggestion?
As a compromise, I suppose we could just go Unknown, at least Hypersonic, possibly far higher like we used to do with Boros' and Saitama's profiles.

Literally the point. He has no speed feats, or really anything to indicate his level of speed. Him seeing his minions as massive fodder is accurate, but not really close to ascertaining his true speed.
Then “At least Hypersonic, likely far higher” makes even more sense, just add something like “Could potentially be even faster, as he never showcased his speed” to his likely far higher justification. No reason to slap Unknown on him.
Anyway, what do you think of this suggestion?
Something like “Unknown (Never displayed his speed), likely at least Hypersonic (Should be far superior to his subordinates)” would make more sense imo. Adding a non-possibly/likely tier after Unknown just makes the Unknown rating seem pointless.

Then “At least Hypersonic, likely far higher” makes even more sense, just add something like “Could potentially be even faster, as he never showcased his speed” to his likely far higher justification. No reason to slap Unknown on him.
It doesn't make more sense, but I guess that's just a matter of opinion.
Something like “Unknown (Never displayed his speed), likely at least Hypersonic (Should be far superior to his subordinates)” would make more sense imo. Adding a non-possibly/likely tier after Unknown just makes the Unknown rating seem pointless.
Possibly far higher was for scaling to the attack speed.

We don't currently scale Boros to Geryu's attack speed, and it's a possibility on Geryu's own profile to begin with.

I overall agree with LordTracer's points

Outside from that, I guess the only thing left to talk about is Amai Mask and Fuhrer Ugly ? I guess his comment on his speed is WC only ? Because I haven't found it on the manga, even then, that kind of comment doesn't necessarily means he is faster than him

Still, I believe we are upgrading Iaian and some others (like Do-S who was completely blitzed) to Massively Hypersonic, so both him and Amai Mask should stay at the same rating, just with a few more justifications

So that Iaian CRT is getting rejected/partially rejected ?

Well, then it falls on my first comment, Amai Mask calling Fuhrer Ugly fast doesn't mean much besides its face value, and I still didn't find that quote on the manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back