• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Multipliers

I agree with Tets here. PPP survived a punch barrage and a solid jaw hit from a serious DSK, then broke DSK's jaw with a punch. While weaker than bim, PPP is within the same tier or at least close enougb to resonably scale.

Now does he scale as hard as DSK does to Genos? No, but he still scales.

I think at most Large Town level makes the most sense for PPP. Genos is stronger, maybe much stronger, but his calc is barely above baseline.

The issue is that if he can both survive a somewhat serious punch and break his jaw whilst being at least 2x weaker, what would warrant his 100% state scaling to him when he barely does any better? I understand he shouldn't be too far below him, its just that I don't see enough to warrant full on scaling and its difficult to exactly quantify how many times weaker he should be.

Qawsedf234 said:
I agree with Tets here. PPP survived a punch barrage and a solid jaw hit from a serious DSK, then broke DSK's jaw with a punch. While weaker than bim, PPP is within the same tier or at least close enougb to resonably scale.
Now does he scale as hard as DSK does to Genos? No, but he still scales.
Exactly.

Also these guys are comparing a direct punch to the jaw vs a bunch of sloppy aimless punches (albeit with more strength put into them) to the arms in a guarding position. DSK himself implies that his punch barrage technique needs work.

"These guys". I'm not actually saying he shouldn't be Large Town level. I did, but I went back on that.

Regardless of whether he ends up high 7-C or not, it's still weird to compare an unguarded punch to the face vs a bunch of punches that are actually being guarded, even if he is using more strength during the latter.

Its not strange to compare the two when we know that the latter was more powerful than the former. At best he was only using somewhere between 51-99% of his full power, which still makes his scaling a little questionable since its a little to speculative to say he would've done some substanital damage if he were actually using 100% of his strength.

I'd prefer we stick with a single rating, but that should be fine if we can't decide on anything else. Tho if we do go with that then he should ideally be downscaled to baseline High 7-C to note the difference in power.

Why's that so bad?

Edit: Actually, no, nevermind. Don't answer that. Bring it up somewhere else.

I didn't insult you before you called me an idiot. Afterwards, yes, but not before.

I wasn't actually mad or angry when I wrote that. I can definitely see how it came across that way, though.

Time view?

Edit: Oh yeah, I said "what the hell are you on about?" I removed that specifically because it was an insult. To be specific, I didn't actually mean it as an insult, but it could be considered as one.

I say start with Genos and whatever his feat is (113 kt maybe?) and go from there. Might help out in matches were people what to know how high into High 7-C they are.

BoS Genos (113 KT)<Post HoE/Meteor Arc Genos=<Dry Deep Sea King<<Wet Deep Sea King<<<<Post G4 Genos

Then the chain diverges into different paths.

Wet Deep Sea King<<<< Post training Puri Puri Prisoner with less than half of his power<<Full Power Puri Puri Prisoner

G4 Genos<<<<Base Metal Bat(Genos was 2 shot by Carnage Kabuto and Metal Bat lasted 3 minutes)

G4 Genos=MA arc Sonic<<Human Gale(Casually pushed around Sonic)=Human Hellfire

G4 Genos<Tank Top Master (in physical strength, remember only the Elder Centipede upgrade is equal to Tank Top Master in physical strength)<<Serious Human Garou

Another Split

Serious Human Garou<<<<Watchdog Man (while holding back)

Royal Ripper<Bug God<Serious Human Garou<<<Bug God's durability

Still no solid conclusions. We're just trying to go over the scaling chains to see how far into High 7-C the characters are

Would anyone argue against G4 Genos being at least 2x 114KT (slightly rounded up to account for the other smaller upgrades)

Since you're putting together the parts of Genos and G4 for one superior piece of weaponry and they were nearly equal separately

The Upgrades make Genos strong enough to curb stomp Wet Deep Sea King in two attacks.

Also Mosquito girl who may have been in her transformed state. Someone said the dialogue she uses in the VGS is the same as when she was transformed in the anime.

It doesn't end there.

Where do we put Base Metal Bat, Human Garou, Royal Ripper, Bug God, and Watchdog Man?

Also is Puri Puri Prisoner considered comparable to G4 Genos since he also curb stomped a monster equal to deep Sea King? At least he could be the same AP but IMO that's hard lowballing since he did it with less than half of his power.

Tanktop Master is superior to G4 Genos, so all of them except maybe Royal Ripper (though he is called S-Class-level, IIRC) would scale.

Puri Puri Prisoner took like 20 hits to kill that monster, whereas Genos could apparently do it in two. PPP is much stronger at full power, but I'd just scale him off Deep Sea King.

By the way, do they say two hits or two attacks in that audiobook? Because Genos' more powerful attacks are stronger than his punches.

Royal Ripper should scale, he fought with an even stronger Garou than the one that defeated Tank Top Master and could hurt him, as well as take several hits from him.

I just wasn't sure, because it took Bug God, and he did say the fight would've ended badly if they took Garou on individually.

I remember in the web comic Garou actually did visible damage to Bug God since one of his pincers was missing after the fight. That was retconned in favor of Bug God having extremely high durability (just to hype Darkshine more when he one shots him lol ).

ByAsura said:
By the way, do they say two hits or two attacks in that audiobook? Because Genos' more powerful attacks are stronger than his punches.
Oh I missed this. I think it was Machine Gun Blow+incineration cannon.

Back