• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Downgrade

Way bigger jumps are present here. outliers argument is overused
Are you gonna come and tell me outliers don't exist? Literally show me one of these "Jumps", but it also has to apply to someone who is literally just a normal person with no other feats anywhere close to this.

Are you gonna come and tell me outliers don't exist? Literally show me one of these "Jumps", but it also has to apply to someone who is literally just a normal person with no other feats anywhere close to this.
Mega Man is Large Planet+ with his next best feat being small planet. A pretty big jump

Pretty big ******' difference between going from "planet buster" to "bigger planet buster" and going from "literally a normal dude" to "can survive a rocket launcher to the chin"

Differences matter less in higher tiers, a 3x SoL feat can be a supporting feat for a 300x SoL feat but a 30 m/s (Superhuman) feat cannot be a supporting feat for a 3000 m/s (Hypersonic) feat

Last edited:
Perhaps I should make Nahyuta Sahdmadhi's feat recalc

The knife moves at 12 m/s. Assuming the knife was 5 cm away from the chest and was pointing right in the middle. The chest is 46.36 cm

Extra distance the knife can move: sqrt(46.36^2-0.5*46.36^2) = 32.78 cm. Total distance the knife moved: 32.78+5 = 37.78 cm

The angle Sahdmadhi made should be acos(0.5) = 1.047 radians. So the distance: 46.36*1.047 = 48.54 cm

Speed: 12*(48.54/37.78) = 15.4 m/s (Superhuman)

Pretty big ******' difference between going from "planet buster" to "bigger planet buster" and going from "literally a normal dude" to "can survive a rocket launcher to the chin"

Differences matter less in higher tiers, a 3x SoL feat can be a supporting feat for a 300x SoL feat but a 30 m/s (Superhuman) feat cannot be a supporting feat for a 3000 m/s (Hypersonic) feat
I doubt a normal dude can survive a tiger charge or a car crash sending him twenty feet

Yeah, and Apollo didn't do either of those, that's Wright. Tiger feat was also supposed to be removed but eh

I mean, a tackle from a tiger isn't necessarily always 9-B. Honestly when the downgrades come I'm not even 100% sure they'll stay 9-B and not 9-C+ at all, but either way an animal doesn't use 100% of their strength when hunting smaller prey

Either way, Wright 9-B durability isn't what I'm putting into question here- but Apollo doesn't have that durability anyway.

Ace Attorney isn't the type of verse where superhuman feats are off the wall or crazy, Phoenix and other protagonists have decent durability feats so 9-B is believable, and even those feats at least injure Phoenix, so he can't be too much higher than that. And 99% of the verse gets killed by simple stabs or gunshots. Unlike most Shounen verse, RPG verses, or Superhero verses where there are multiple superhuman feats both offensively and defensively combined with the existence of Ki control or magical forces, Ace Attorney is just detective story where most characters tend to be down to earth in terms of physical prowess. So getting killed by conventional weapons is super consistent and has no reason to be PIS unlike a lot of those aforementioned styles. So as for the massive Tier 8 durability feat; either it's an outlier or Apollo is a stone wall who doesn't scale to anybody.

As for the movie, I have seen the movie and I personally really liked the movie and it's one of the best video game to film adaptations I've seen. But the profile I have had issues with since its creation. Miles never dodged the bullet; Yani Yogi purposely missed and had no intention of killing him. And not sure about Misty Fey's example. I do remember seeing the clip when the profile was first created; it's fired and we see it fly in these awkward loops as if it's being controlled, but I'm not sure how that's any kind of reaction feat. The wrench feat, I'm not sure if breaking a wrench is street level or to what extent he breaks it.

Given the messes in the stats and lack of on hand scans to give, I'm okay if we delete it for the time being.

Perhaps I should make Nahyuta Sahdmadhi's feat recalc

The knife moves at 12 m/s. Assuming the knife was 5 cm away from the chest and was pointing right in the middle. The chest is 46.36 cm

Extra distance the knife can move: sqrt(46.36^2-0.5*46.36^2) = 32.78 cm. Total distance the knife moved: 32.78+5 = 37.78 cm

The angle Sahdmadhi made should be acos(0.5) = 1.047 radians. So the distance: 46.36*1.047 = 48.54 cm

Speed: 12*(48.54/37.78) = 15.4 m/s (Superhuman)
That seems like a good idea.

Ace Attorney isn't the type of verse where superhuman feats are off the wall or crazy, Phoenix and other protagonists have decent durability feats so 9-B is believable, and even those feats at least injure Phoenix, so he can't be too much higher than that. And 99% of the verse gets killed by simple stabs or gunshots. Unlike most Shounen verse, RPG verses, or Superhero verses where there are multiple superhuman feats both offensively and defensively combined with the existence of Ki control or magical forces, Ace Attorney is just detective story where most characters tend to be down to earth in terms of physical prowess. So getting killed by conventional weapons is super consistent and has no reason to be PIS unlike a lot of those aforementioned styles. So as for the massive Tier 8 durability feat; either it's an outlier or Apollo is a stone wall who doesn't scale to anybody.

As for the movie, I have seen the movie and I personally really liked the movie and it's one of the best video game to film adaptations I've seen. But the profile I have had issues with since its creation. Miles never dodged the bullet; Yani Yogi purposely missed and had no intention of killing him. And not sure about Misty Fey's example. I do remember seeing the clip when the profile was first created; it's fired and we see it fly in these awkward loops as if it's being controlled, but I'm not sure how that's any kind of reaction feat. The wrench feat, I'm not sure if breaking a wrench is street level or to what extent he breaks it.

Given the messes in the stats and lack of on hand scans to give, I'm okay if we delete it for the time being.
I personally don't mind, and trust your sense of judgement.

As for the movie, I have seen the movie and I personally really liked the movie and it's one of the best video game to film adaptations I've seen.
I mean, it ain't that hard to get in the top 3
But the profile I have had issues with since its creation. Miles never dodged the bullet; Yani Yogi purposely missed and had no intention of killing him.
Certified Butters Moment
And not sure about Misty Fey's example. I do remember seeing the clip when the profile was first created; it's fired and we see it fly in these awkward loops as if it's being controlled, but I'm not sure how that's any kind of reaction feat. The wrench feat, I'm not sure if breaking a wrench is street level or to what extent he breaks it.
Does Misty have some sort of telekinesis in the movie? If that's the case then idk if we should scale Wright to her. Not sure about the wrench tho but if it's a 9-C/10-A feat I also don't see a reason to scale Wright to Larry- maybe Larry's just ripped as hell in this movie
Yeah.

Question
Why does Edgeworth have objections !, Take that !, Hold on! and EUREKA! as remarkable abilities?

Question
Why does Edgeworth have objections !, Take that !, Hold on! and EUREKA! as remarkable abilities?
Answer
For no reason, it should be deleted and changed on something more useful like his arsenal from investigations and other ace attorney games (Fingerprints powder for instance).

Also, shouldn't Phoenix Wright also have the camera that he used to record Cristop Gavin, Kristoph Gavin in Apollo Justice?

Also, shouldn't Phoenix Wright also have the camera that he used to record Cristop Gavin, Kristoph Gavin in Apollo Justice?
Maybe, but he only used it once when he was hobo.
Maybe with preparation he can still use it, cause he still have it.

Answer
For no reason, it should be deleted and changed on something more useful like his arsenal from investigations and other ace attorney games (Fingerprints powder for instance).
That seems fine to me.

Also, what are the other conclusions in this thread so far?

Can somebody please remind me of the conclusions here so far, and what we still need to discuss and decide?

Mostly last discussion was about does Apollo scales to Wright's durability. Answer is simply no.

The other stuff is:
  • Change Edgeworth's notable attacks and techniques to his arsenal which would be helpful in detective-like battles
  • Some of us may need to re-watch a Japanese ace attorney movie to later revise wright of its verse
  • At least I should finally play fully investigations 1-2 and dual destinies with spirit of justice. Since it's important part of the series, and we don't touching some characters of it games for now, unless we would have info on them (I would try to complete as soon as possible, not today but maybe this summer).
  • And at last it's something I probably would do soon and wasn't done previously is addition of grate ace attorney series to the verse. That's something I would also do later and on my own initiative.
That's it for now.

Last edited:
Okay. That seems good to me. Thank you for the summary.

Probably changed it to 9-B since her justifaction being knocking out Phoenix whose page lists as 9-B durability wise

So does Phoenix's page also need to be updated?

So does Phoenix's page also need to be updated?
His durability is still wall level so for now he lefts untouched. @Lonkitt may try to justify scaling of Franzizka being 9-B via harming Phoenix.
Until something happened in Dual destinies and/or Spirit of Justice Phoenix, Apollo and the one who doesn't have a profile at the moment aka Athena and others are left untouched for some time I guess. The "Change into 9-B without our notice" affected only Franzizka so Franzizka would be discussed.

Before I will creating the great ace attorney pages I should also note that no one in the great ace attorney scales to the ace attorney cast and vice versa since the same reason we don't scale original danganronpa to V3 but instead of "different universe" we have "different time". Great ace attorney actions took basically century(ies) before the original Ace attorney happened. So both in intelligence and in physicals the grate ace attorney characters would have own feats.

I didn't think I was upgrading her. I just thought there was an error on the page given it says she can harm Wright and her AP didn't match his durability. I apologize if this caused any trouble

i made a minor change to franz' page to explain why i don't think she scales to wright, does it look fine?

Back