• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the difference:

Steel type has proven that the steel they create from nowhere or are made of biologically >>> normal steel, several pokemon entries say they are harder than steel.
That's a good point, but only applies to species' body parts with those statements.
And dbz does that because they have energy to empower themselves, just like pokemon and their types.
So Pokémon have ki, too?

No, is applies to every pokemon with steel because they tank attacks with higher tier than normal steel.

So ki is the only energy one can use to empower their bodies? Chakra or cosmo are ki because they do the same.

Aura is similar to ki anyway, but all pokemon have types that are manifested in energy form and they can use to increase their stats, defense included.

Thelastmlg: Do Rampardos always attack with their skulls? Do Ferrothorn always attack with their spikes? Do Beartic always attack with their fangs? Do Gyarados always attack with their scales? And I'm assuming none of those statements is a hyperbole.
Planck69: Yet it says little about the CRT itself.
YuriAkuto: I can't talk about Mario or Zelda yet.

My point is that Pokémon with tails and bodies weaker than steel couldn’t tank a mountain level+ or multi-city block level+ attack, so the strength needed for…

steel in Pokemon is """"''steel""""""", take Registeel for example, he's made of some supermetal adamantium shit, or Steelix, or even Metang who can collide with a jet and come out without a scratch.

Also many Pokemon have tanked Earthquake without the need of Iron Tail? What are you on about? Because two Pokemon over the course of decades decided to mitigate the damage of the move in a unique way means that all Pokemon who have shown otherwise somehow are invalidated?
So Pokémon have ki, too?
Yes actually. Quite a handful do, there's even a few Pokemon who's whole thing is that.

By your logic Metal Mario, Colossus, or every sword users are 9-C/9-B because "it's metal".

I mean, he's literally already done that with Link at least. And his Samus and Kirby threads aren't much better.

Thelastmlg: Do Rampardos always attack with their skulls? Do Ferrothorn always attack with their spikes? Do Beartic always attack with their fangs? Do Gyarados always attack with their scales? And I'm assuming none of those statements is a hyperbole.
What does that have to do with anything, there is no skull or scale type, i'm talking water, electric, fire, etc, which are elemental energies pokemon can weaponize in similar way to ki.

What does that have to do with anything, there is no skull or scale type, i'm talking water, electric, fire, etc, which are elemental energies pokemon can weaponize in similar way to ki.
Rampardos aren't stated to be harder than steel but to have a skull harder than steel, so them attacking with their skulls or not has to do with this, and the same applies to the other three species.
As for that ki-like energy, where is that element of the series mentioned, please?

Rampardos aren't stated to be harder than steel but to have a skull harder than steel, so them attacking with their skulls or not has to do with this, and the same applies to the other three species.
As for that ki-like energy, where is that element of the series mentioned, please?
Yet we see them stomping Pokemon MADE OF steel without using their skulls.

Hard to take this seriously after all.
yeah.

Anyways, I will now post my argument for why EGD is only 10-C.

First off: He is weaker than Vortex Blaster according to wog, and Vortex Blaster is just a gun, making him 9-C
Second off: He couldn't beat a freaking Spaghetti critter and bubble critter, making him 10-C

yeah.

Anyways, I will now post my argument for why EGD is only 10-C.

First off: He is weaker than Vortex Blaster according to wog, and Vortex Blaster is just a gun, making him 9-C
Second off: He couldn't beat a freaking Spaghetti critter and bubble critter, making him 10-C
I obviously agree without a doubt.
Will downgrade Dies Irae to 9-C via the use of arrows and spears in the meantime.

I obviously agree without a doubt.
Will downgrade Dies Irae to 9-C via the use of arrows and spears in the meantime.
Yes, the new tiers are:
Hajun: 10-C (Is a malnutrition child)
Reinhard: 10-C, 9-C via LLT (Lost to a teen with a sword)
Ren: 10-B, 9-C with sword (Uses sword thingy)

Yes, the new tiers are:
Hajun: 10-C (Is a malnutrition child)
Reinhard: 10-C, 9-C via LLT (Lost to a teen with a sword)
Ren: 10-B, 9-C with sword (Uses sword thingy)
Also they should be below Supersonic.
Shreiber is "always faster" but was hit by a gun.
Maybe Subsonic if we take OOT stuff.

It doesn't mean Pikachu is tier 9, but it opens the possibility for that "despite those feats."
Even if those "harder than steel" statements weren't hyperboles, they only refer to certain body parts and the strengths needed for fog-clearing and earthquakes are the unrealistic ones.

You just threw tropes without proving they were so.

They have feats higher and comparable to Earthquake and the likes, so it's all coherent.

Nonsensical conclusion.

If Pokémon can tank Earthquake, it doesn't mean the move get changed, just that they're strong enough to tank.

Yet they have tails weaker than steel without Iron Tail (and it's the move's type, not its name).
So, it's earthquakes' real-world strength VS steel's real-world strength.
Again, see the point 8 of the OP to see which one wins.

Except, again, pokemon metal >>> normal metal, this is a massive generalization, their tails are weaker than their steel form, where is your proof they are weaker than tier 9 material?

They tank several attacks way stronger than normal steel, but because "muh they use steel" they are suddenly 9-B, this gotta be a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back