• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you're wasting your time at this time. Just let the thread run its course.

Except, again, pokemon metal >>> normal metal, this is a massive generalization, their tails are weaker than their steel form, where is your proof they are weaker than tier 9 material?

They tank several attacks way stronger than normal steel, but because "muh they use steel" they are suddenly 9-B, this gotta be a joke.
I guess you understood the "only certain body parts of certain species being stated to be harder than steel" and "only certain species actually using Aura for certain moves" points perfectly, so I'll simply say it'd be a good idea to carefully re-read the point 8 of the OP again.

Every living being has Aura, so humans have infinite energy as their life energy too?
What are the fallacies made in point 8?

"Anything but regular humans"... Anyway, this doesn't mention any kind of infinity.
Aura is essentially a ki-like energy that every living being has but only certain Pokémon actually use for certain moves, so it has nothing to do with Pokémon's power.

"Anything but regular humans"... Anyway, this doesn't mention any kind of infinity.
Aura is essentially a ki-like energy that every living being has but only certain Pokémon actually use for certain moves, so it has nothing to do with Pokémon's power.
Completly different powers infinity energy is the energy that pokemon have

Listen first of all, pokemon have easily destroyed large metal machines and guess what fiction doesn't have to stay consistent. Your entire argument is not only fundamentally flawed but would effect most verses yet you choose to yell at pokemon. you are an idiot when it comes to this stuff or are just trying to be annoying I mean you refuse to accept the fact fiction isn't consistent if you think we are wrong neat unless you can convince us we aren't going to change. You are little more than a nuisance on this site so how about you go argue somewhere else and you leave us alone. No one else cares about your arguments anymore because of their flaws.

Pokémon must destroy such machines with steel or rock attacks or with special attacks.
Since fiction doesn't have to be consistent, the strength needed for earthquakes is unrealistic.
You're the one with the flawed argumentation and you're even impolite.

Last edited:
Chaos Jester25
Pokémon can damage a Steelix with fire, fighting or ground attacks, and with other attacks if they're strong enough and/or that particular Steelix is weak.
And how do we know that "harder than steel" statement isn't a hyperbole?

Cropfist
Ok, maybe I'm going by the anime or what we'd see in real life.

Flesh Pokémon can tank attacks such as Earthquake, but the strength needed for the latter is unrealistic because the former’s tails are weaker than steel without Iron Tail.
1) Ha ha, by that logic, A is only tier 9 because… B is only tier 9 too because… and even C is only tier 9 because…
This logic may apply to this particular verse, as it’s earthquakes’ real-world strength VS steel’s real-world strength.
2) It’s the former, because certain Pokémon are stated to be harder than steel or even diamonds.
Their Iron Tail is stated to be only steel-hard, and Steelix are stated to have dug barely over 6/10 of a mile deep whereas diamonds form at depths of at least 150 km, so the statements above are just hyperboles and steel in the verse is real-world steel.
3) Flesh Pokémon can still physically damage Steel ones and tank their physical attacks.
Magikarp are stated to be unable to jump over 7 ft high and swim against even weak currents, so the battle system is unreliable.
This thread should’ve never been moved to Fun and Games, and Pikachu is just as mighty as the OP says.

Last edited:
How am I being annoying, exactly? If it's "because I'm wrong", there should be a rebuttal to my reply.
You've been rebutted several times now yet still keep posting these sorts of threads and wasting people's time. Seriously, are you that headstrong when not a single person on this thread, or any of your threads, has agreed with you?

If you feel so strongly about this, go argue if on CV or Quora or smth. You'd have to be blind not to realize that no one will ever accept these sorts of revisions of yours matter how much you bluster.

This logic may apply to this particular verse, as it’s earthquakes’ real-world strength VS steel’s real-world strength.

We have an example of a Piloswine literally destroying a city with an Earthquake in the manga.

Pokemon's Steel is ludicrous, shit like Metang, a mid evo, can collide directly with a jet engine, and come out without a scratch. That's right, it can collide with a steel jet engine and yet its steel isn't scratched or hurt at all.

And? Steel can vary in hardness and toughness. RegiSTEEL is said to be completely indestructible and can withstand country levels of force, despite its steel body being made of steel. It's a supernatural metal. Learn the difference. And steelix are also stated to be tougher then diamond and have casually pulverized craters before.
Also stop with your cherry picking, Steelix is harder then Diamond and it's reiterated numerous times. Oh but better yet.

"Steelix's body is much harder than any metal, as it is tempered underground under high pressure and heat."

"Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokémon. A Steel and Ground type. Heat from deep underground strengthens its hide, and the pressure gives its body a toughness harder than metal."

"Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokémon. Strengthened by the pressure and intense heat of living underground, its body is stronger than steel."

Meaning, who could have guessed, a Steel Type Pokemon made of steel is, in reality, harder then any actual steel or metal and it's stated to be harder then any metal and steel multiple times. MEANING, steel type Pokemon in verse are actually harder the normal steel and metals because it's outright stated they are.

Not all Magikarp are the piss weak ones you find washed up on the side of a river.

2a) Registeel is stated to be made of a curious metal not being of “this” earth and harder than any other kind of metal, but still a metal.
2b) With Steelix’s Iron Tail being stated to be only steel-hard, those three statements must be hyperboles; and even if they weren’t, point 2a would apply here too.
2c) Other Steel Pokémon are simply stated to be at least partially made of steel.

1a) Given this, that Piloswine feat must be a high-end outlier.
1b) So point 2a must apply to Metang too.

3) Ok, what could that particular Magikarp smash?

- BTW, did you read what I told you here?

2a) Registeel is stated to be made of a curious metal not being of “this” earth and harder than any other kind of metal, but still a metal.

Not of this Earth, in that it's a completely unknown supernatural metal. Registeel very much is of earth, Regigigas made his ass. And yes, harder then any other metal but still a metal, what you fail to comprehend for some baffling reason is that it being a metal means **** all if it's a supernatural metal that is, of course, supernatural and beyond standard metal, which it is. It's even stated to be that.

2b) With Steelix’s Iron Tail being stated to be only steel-hard, those three statements must be hyperboles; and even if they weren’t, point 2a would apply here too.

Cut the shit, I have zero patience with you. Learn what hyperbole means. How the **** is it a hyperbole? It's stated, numerous times. In almost every single dex entry it's stated to be harder then diamond, diamond like, or that it's so hard hard and tough it's beyond any normal steel or metal. What does that mean? It means you're wrong and get over it, Steelix is EXPLICITLY stated to be harder then whatever shit you're trying to compare it too. And it has feats to back it up, it's shown time and time again to completely ravage battlefields and create huge craters with casual strikes all the while the metal it's composed of isn't even scratched.
Steelix's Iron Tail only being "steel hard" means **** all when Steel in Pokemon can range from being normal metal, like shit they make railroads out of or normal naturally occurring formations, all the way up cosmic entities with the likes of Dialga. You have NUMEROUS explicit statements of a Pokemon made of steel, being composed of a supernatural steel that is harder and tougher then any normal metal or steel, and you're still trying to push your, to be blunt, ridiculous agenda of incredulity and inability to make sense of of the most basic tropes in media.

Steelix is made of a supersteel, Registeel is made of a supersteel, numerous other Pokemon are made of a supersteel and metal. The absolute worst part of this is, is that even in REAL LIFE steel can vary drastically and every day that goes by new breakthroughs is made in steel and metal constructing technology. Steel isn't a constant, unvariable material so even without getting into numerous explicit direct statements and feats that prove you wrong, even the thing you're trying to use as a basis for your argument, that being irl, proves your foundation wrong.

2c) Other Steel Pokémon are simply stated to be at least partially made of steel.

Dude. If I were you I'd hold back on making such blatant claims given it took me a total of five seconds to prove you wrong on Steelix by simply looking it up, if you force me to go through every steel Pokemon in existence to gather the multitude of claims that say otherwise I swear to God. Though, why even bother, the fact that you've been given 3 examples that already prove your argument faulty is enough. If something like Steelix to even a mid-evo like Metang are blatantly not normal steel, why does everything else have to be? That was rhetorical, they don't.

1a) Given this, that Piloswine feat must be a high-end outlier.

Here's another, Whiscash from the AVG anime, two examples. Both from high mid evo tier Pokemon.

1b) So point 2a must apply to Metang too.

First off, you point A is literally just "it's a metal" and second off, Metang isn't a alien metal, hell neither is Registeel, it's just a supermetal that scientists dont know the origin of.
Yes, it is a metal. What you fail to realize is that it's a super magical metal that is far beyond any metal we have irl. It being a metal doesn't restrict it to 9-B or whatever. If the metal in question is a fictitious metal, it can be however durable or strong as it wants to be. It could be Universal metal, **** it could even be as weak as dirt, it can be however strong it wants to be, and in the case of Pokemon, 99% of the time, they're far beyond what you're insinuating.

3) Ok, what could that particular Magikarp smash?

Solid rock, several feet deep. Though, don't know why that matters when the thing could launch itself at escape velocity and into orbit within seconds.

- BTW, did you read what I told you here?

I did, I simply stopped responding because it became a pointless endeavor and just about everyone knows how you behave in regards to these types of things. Hell, the only reason why I'm responding now is because I have some time to kill and it hurt seeing you cherry pick harder then a farmer in debt.

Last edited:
I did, I simply stopped responding because it became a pointless endeavor and just about everyone knows how you behave in regards to these types of things. Hell, the only reason why I'm responding now is because I have some time to kill and it hurt seeing you cherry pick harder then a farmer in debt.
You take the W for this alone, good sir.

Disagree with this FRA

It's really ridiculous to claim stuff such as "Pokemon have flesh so they must be 10-B" or saying that "Iron Tail is only as strong as normal iron", when literally everything in the verse points otherwise.

By your reasoning every human should be downgraded to 10-B or 10-A because they have flesh and humans surviving planets exploding on them can't POSSIBLY be true.

In other words, trying to apply real world physics and properties to fiction is pointless since fiction doesn't give a **** about the rules of physics

Scaling is a thing that exists too. You don't need to destroy a planet to be Planet level, you can also do that by hurting someone who is capable of doing said feat.

I really don't see the point of replying to be honest. He'll never actually understand this and just keep arguing ad nauseum.

I suggest that we just close this.

Wall of text
2a) Harder than any other kind of metal, but how hard, exactly? While Registeel is rumored to have been born in the mantle, the word “diamond” isn’t mentioned.
2b) The diamond statements for Steelix were already explained; and again, how hard, exactly?
2c) Checking out barely five other Steel Pokémon’s Pokédex entries is enough to know some are made of regular metal.

1a) So there’s one high-end outlier in the manga and one high-end outlier in the anime.
1b) Metang's ability to crash into a jet without getting scratched is a good reference for points 2a and 2b.

3) Nice, but regular Magikarp still make the battle system unreliable.

- Pointless? It had to be clear that the discussion hadn’t become uncivil.

Last edited:
Dude. You have to understand that one feat out of a awful lot more never is gonna downgrade a verse.

We won't have Street level DB because Goku was hurt by a bullet.
Nor Athletic Kirby for getting hit by cars.
Nor Wall level Mario for bumping into walls.
And the same is true for every verse, Pokemon included.

It's clearly based on a poor understanding of the verse and singular stuff like "the name is iron tail, so it is as strong as iron"
My second to last reply proves my understanding of the verse isn't poor, and I never said Iron Tail's power is determined by its name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back