• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

It's explained that pretty much all Pokémon visualize the attack they want, and mould the inherent energy of the attack into that attack and use it.

EG. Beartic couldn't control his ice powers, causing it to passively freeze his surroundings with vapor from his breathe. To fix this, Beartic had to be thought how to mould his ice energy into various attacks through visualizing them. It's sort of like ice kinesid

So basically it's sort of bending that all Pokémon do. Visualize. Mould. Shoot

It's explained that pretty much all Pokémon visualize the attack they want, and mould the inherent energy of the attack into that attack and use it.

EG. Beartic couldn't control his ice powers, causing it to passively freeze his surroundings with vapor from his breathe. To fix this, Beartic had to be thought how to mould his ice energy into various attacks through visualizing them. It's sort of like ice kinesid

So basically it's sort of bending that all Pokémon do. Visualize. Mould. Shoot
Neat!
Inb4 contradicted or retconned later.

Area Zero was created by the impact of an asteroid, right?
IDK if there's any mention of asteroids, but....
It is called The Great Crater of Paldea, unsure about the Japanese name/terminology, which may be worth checking.

Mrs. Raifort's 1st class has the following to say about it:
"The area inside this crater is called Area Zero, and research of its geological strata and material composition has shown that the crater is in fact over one million years old.
It was long believed that a certain something rested at the bottom of this mysterious crater."

Raifort asserts it was treasure believed to rest at the bottom of the crater.

Mildly interesting is her answer for guessing what rested there was a Snorlax:
"Incorrect! An adorable answer, to be sure, but were you perhaps fooled by my use of “rest”? The correct answer is treasure."

Perhaps the Japanese dialogue is relevant, since she brings up rest being a misleading word. Admittedly, this is possible in multiple languages, but knowing her original terminology here MIGHT be worthwhile.
In particular, because knowing if Snorlax is wrong for "resting" in an alive sense or not. I don't believe for a second that what's at the deepest part of the crater is a Snorlax, but knowing whether what truly is is alive or not (Or at least, what it's believed to be.) might be worthwhile, especially if such speculation predates the Professor discovering & attributing the Terrastal Phenomenon to a species.

Pardon all the words, please.

images

Do we have any other information about this pokemon ?

IDK if there's any mention of asteroids, but....
It is called The Great Crater of Paldea, unsure about the Japanese name/terminology, which may be worth checking.

Mrs. Raifort's 1st class has the following to say about it:
"The area inside this crater is called Area Zero, and research of its geological strata and material composition has shown that the crater is in fact over one million years old.
It was long believed that a certain something rested at the bottom of this mysterious crater."

Raifort asserts it was treasure believed to rest at the bottom of the crater.

Mildly interesting is her answer for guessing what rested there was a Snorlax:
"Incorrect! An adorable answer, to be sure, but were you perhaps fooled by my use of “rest”? The correct answer is treasure."

Perhaps the Japanese dialogue is relevant, since she brings up rest being a misleading word. Admittedly, this is possible in multiple languages, but knowing her original terminology here MIGHT be worthwhile.
In particular, because knowing if Snorlax is wrong for "resting" in an alive sense or not. I don't believe for a second that what's at the deepest part of the crater is a Snorlax, but knowing whether what truly is is alive or not (Or at least, what it's believed to be.) might be worthwhile, especially if such speculation predates the Professor discovering & attributing the Terrastal Phenomenon to a species.

Pardon all the words, please.
It's called パルデアの大穴, which removes all the coolness and calls it, "The Great Paldea hole"

All three are extraterrestrial creatures(likely Third Legendary) with crystal-like phenomenon.

images

Do we have any other information about this pokemon ?
Not yet. Khu keeps twisting and turning words again. The rest are just theories pretty good ones sometimes, but theories anyway

But what we know so far is it's power is described as similar to the kids room in the book "The Veldt" and the anime "King of thorns".

Not yet. Khu keeps twisting and turning words again. The rest are just theories pretty good ones sometimes, but theories anyway

But what we know so far is it's power is described as similar to the kids room in the book "The Veldt" and the anime "King of thorns".
Wasn't this pokemon also stated to be responsible for creating the Terastal thing?

It's called パルデアの大穴, which removes all the coolness and calls it, "The Great Paldea hole"

All three are extraterrestrial creatures(likely Third Legendary) with crystal-like phenomenon.
Pardon me, please, but when you say "All three", what are you referring to?

On the topic of stats, it MIGHT be worthwhile to measure The Great Crater of Paldea, since, IIRC, energy emissions from it of growing intensity that Jacq mentions are what turns Tera Crystals into Black Tera Crystals. So whatever the source of those emissions are has the range to send energy from the crystals outside the crater.

Although, I'm skeptic people will care for such a feat when it's likely a Legendary's doing.

Pardon me, please, but when you say "All three", what are you referring to?
Necrozma's crystallized fragments is the source of Z moves

Eternatus crystallized fragments is the source of Dynamax

Third Legendary crystallized fragments(Dunno whether it's from body) is the source of Terastal phenomenon.

All 3 are extraterrestrial beings(most likely Third Legendary)

We do know where Necrozma comes from. But what about Eternatus. Thing could pass for an Ultra Beast but it isn't
On the topic of stats, it MIGHT be worthwhile to measure The Great Crater of Paldea, since, IIRC, energy emissions from it of growing intensity that Jacq mentions are what turns Tera Crystals into Black Tera Crystals. So whatever the source of those emissions are has the range to send energy from the crystals outside the crater.
Although, I'm skeptic people will care for such a feat when it's likely a Legendary's doing.
That means it should be measured. If third Legendary doing it then anyone scaling to it gets thar tier.

That means it should be measured. If third Legendary doing it then anyone scaling to it gets thar tier.
I appreciate your enthusiasm for measuring of the growing energy missions, although, so far their only known effects are seemingly not anything destructive, but rather, turning Tera Raid Crystals Black.
Black Tera Raid Crystals have stronger Raid Pokemon.
In theory, it could mean high enough concentrations of this energy turns the crystals black, & higher concentrations of such energy that Black Tera Raid Crystals indicate mean stronger Pokemon.

If I were to try to ascribe/approximation a power level to the energy emissions....

1. Tera Raid Pokemon are powered up/influenced by the Tera Energy, which Tera Raid Crystals hold.
2. Tera Raid Crystals can have different grades of Tera Raid Pokemon, with higher grades being more powerful.
3. Black Tera Raid Crystals have some of the strongest Tera Raid Pokemon. (IIRC, Post-Academy Ace Tournament level protagonist.)
4. These energy emissions can turn Tera Raid Crystals into Black Tera Raid Crystals, meaning they increase the Tera Energy present, & by extension, the power of their Raid Pokemon to such levels, or at least, can sustain Tera Raid Pokemon with such power.

Therefore, we should determine what the WEAKEST Tera Raid Crystal is that can be turned into a Black Tera Raid Crystal.
I think the info we wnat is the difference between these:
1. The Tera Raid Pokemon that that WEAKEST Tera Raid Crystal indicates, &
2. The STRONGEST Tera Raid Pokemon that that Tera Raid Crystal can support as a Black Tera Raid Pokemon.

To put it briefly, in theory, we could consider the energy emissions as being capable of making a Tera Raid Crystal go from supporting Magikarp Tera Raids to Tera Raids for Pseudo-Legendaries or such, so the difference in power that these emissions can close could be very significant, especially when considering that Tera Raid Pokemon are exceptionally stronger than non-Tera Raid Pokemon.

It may also be worth considering the Pokemon NPC Trainers can bring to Tera Raids, as Tera Raid Pokemon are comparable or superior to.

Sorry about all the words.

Oh yes, I terrorized the NDAG ladder with Assist + Revival Blessing spam to prove that it should be banned in ND Ubers.

Like, look at what happened once I reached 1600s in ladder with this hot garbage:

image.png

Anything Goes, as the name implies, is a format that has a policy of no bans whatsoever, the only exception is endless battle strategies for the sake of the servers.

Ubers, meanwhile, is the next tier "below" AG, and while the tiering policy is more lenient compared to regular tiers (most notably OU), it's still a fairly competitive format and so has some bans.

So yeah, I wanted to remove the strategy of Assist + Revival Blessing from ND Ubers so I could play around without having to deal with unhealthy strats.

Anything Goes, as the name implies, is a format that has a policy of no bans whatsoever, the only exception is endless battle strategies for the sake of the servers.

Ubers, meanwhile, is the next tier "below" AG, and while the tiering policy is more lenient compared to regular tiers (most notably OU), it's still a fairly competitive format and so has some bans.

So yeah, I wanted to remove the strategy of Assist + Revival Blessing from ND Ubers so I could play around without having to deal with unhealthy strats.
I see.

BTW, how is Anything Goes been doing?

I've read that it's to be deleted.
Supposedly due to requests for the bans of Tera Electric Shedinja & Assist.

So I hope you're happy.

NDAG has been removed from ladder and is now just a challenge-only format (As in manually asking someone else) as no one likes it among other things as linked in your post.

Regular AG is okay-ish as it's more playable, even if almost strictly as a just for fun format.

NDAG has been removed from ladder and is now just a challenge-only format (As in manually asking someone else) as no one likes it among other things as linked in your post.
I'm aware. I read the link I posted. I suppose if you're reiterating it for people who can't/won't read that link, thank you for that.
Regular AG is okay-ish as it's more playable, even if almost strictly as a just for fun format.
The loss of a tier over, what are, IMHO, petty problems, frustrates me.
I doubt Assist+Revival Blessing nor Tera Electric Shedinja would've plagued NDAG for its forseeable lifespan & I doubt they'd be that huge of an impact in the big picture of the time & diversity of it.
Being challenge only means it's practically dead anyway. A lot less of a community center. No more than any other custom battle format.

I'm sure someone got to the highest rank in the ladder with Shedinja strats.

I even got into high ladder with ReviveCats, for that matter.

I'm sure someone got to the highest rank in the ladder with Shedinja strats.

I even got into high ladder with ReviveCats, for that matter.
Yeah but that success wouldn't last the tier's whole lifespan was my point.
& there would be more fun to be had from the tier.
& whether you were 1 of the people not participating or 1 of the people complaining that seemingly incited the tier leaders to close the tier, the closure of the tier is a tragedy.

Back