• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hype!!!!

Dragonmasterxyz said:
That hat is the true main antagonist of Pokemon...
Giovanni? No hat.

Maxie and Archie? No hats.

Cyrus? Definitely no hat.

Ghetsis? Nope. No hat to be found.

Lysandre? Only hair.

Hat wants to make you think it's your friend, when in reality, it was pulling the strings, the whole time...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
That hat is the true main antagonist of Pokemon...
Talking about antagonists, am i the only wants a fight that you have no realistic way of winning against an antagonist? I'm getting a little tired of stomping the Team leader of the game when i first fight him. He's the final boss of the story, ffs. At least give him some credibility. Lysandre was fine, since you fight him three times in a short period of time, but Giovanni? Maxie and Archie? Come on.

@Azzy N had a hat.

No wonder these teenagers can control pokemon like Arceus. We must keep the hat happy or we will all die...

N didn't use his hat right!

What if the legendaries are the evil team leaders this time?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
NotEvenHuman said:
@Azzy N had a hat.
Turned out to be a good guy.
He still was an antagonist for most of the game. But he lost his fights, so his hat is actually only High 1-A. It's still in it's restricted form....

@Dragonmasterxyz The legendaries being the team leaders is a legit wonderful idea.

I hope the legendaries are the team leaders. Wait do yopu think these guys will tie in with The Vitality Trio?

NotEvenHuman said:
He still was an antagonist for most of the game. But he lost his fights, so his hat is actually only High 1-A. It's still in it's restricted form....

@Dragonmasterxyz The legendaries being the team leaders is a legit wonderful idea.
What the hat doesn't want you to know is N's hat is only an avatar, controlled by Ghetsis, who is controlled by the true hat.

Also, agreed on the legendary point. There have always been mentions of legendaries who don't trust or dislike humanity for what they've done, but I'd love to see one who was vengeful for a particularly good reason and ends up being the primary antagonist.

tbh These legends look like the type to do that. Solgaleo looks extremely prideful and Lunaala looks very devious.

@Azzy The true hat is the player's hat though..... Except it was the true villain all along!

Hat for Team Leader, Champion and True Legendary 2016.

Also, yeah. The legendaries have been shown multiple times to be smarter than other pokemon, so that's not out of the question.

I love how we're switching from JBW material to a legit discussion in no time at all.

Heck Legendaries are smarter than most humans. Heck most normal pokemon could make better team leaders than some of the humans.

'#TeamRowlet I'm loving the new starters and region. My friend mentioned that Ice Types might be limited due the setting which is really sad though.

Darkanine said:
'#TeamRowletI'm loving the new starters and region. My friend mentioned that Ice Types might be limited due the setting which is really sad though.
Your friend may right seeing how it' based on hawaii.

But what i'm wondering is what eeve evolution mechanic are they going do?

Personally, I always wanted to see a Bug one. I may be a bit bias since Bug is easily my favorite type though :p

We might not get one though, since they've only been added on even number Gens I've noticed.

I love every single one of the starter pokemon and the legendaries are meh, but I do not know which one to choose since all 3 are fantastic! I haven't liked every starter since back in Hoenn Region I can't wait to see their Final Evolutions!

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Heck Legendaries are smarter than most humans. Heck most normal pokemon could make better team leaders than some of the humans.
Now that I think about, that makes sense. A lot of sense. You know, I was wondering how Pokemon would have used their unrestricted intelligence in things. I mean Legendary Pokemon have shown a lot of above average human tactics, as in rather than instinct, it's intent.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
...Alakazam comes to mind...
Of course. Most people have Alakazam. Also, these Pokemon need to have more than faulty and rather unreliable Pokedex entries, even though some of them may have refer to some of their capabilities of the moves they used as being better at it than others, but actually shown the feats themselves. Also, it'll be great and more challenging if Pokemon could realistically use more than four moves. And more Mega Evolutions for those who lacked it. Where's Mega Machamp and Mega Slowking?

I want Mega Butterfree personally because Butterfree is awesome, and its not fair when Beedrill has a Mega evolution but not Butterfree >.>

Also #TeamPoplio

See the objective imbalance? When one side gets a Mega Evolution, the other doesn't and that side is forced to fight them at an even more helpless situation. Don't people want to smash people with a Mega Golem or Mega Persian? Not yet or never. Don't people want to be able to overpower people with Mega Butterfree?

Why that response, Dragon Master? All Pokemon gameplay-wise, can be defeatable. However, if they were to fight more realistically and not be bound by silly gameplay mechanics, they're on a different level.

Dekoshu said:
See the objective imbalance? When one side gets a Mega Evolution, the other doesn't and that side is forced to fight them at an even more helpless situation. Don't people want to smash people with a Mega Golem or Mega Persian? Not yet or never. Don't people want to be able to overpower people with Mega Butterfree?
I completely agree, actually. I felt Salamence, Alakazam, Gengar, all these top tier Pokemon getting Megas was unfair. Pokemon like Sableye, Mawile and Beedrill deserved it, I would've liked it if more "low tier" Pokemon got Mega forms.

Yet, Milotic, Machamp, Cloyster and the other don't. People wouldn't be complaining as much if time was put into balancing them out earlier. As in, both Mega Slowking and Mega Slowbro instead of just the latter.

Dekoshu said:
Why that response, Dragon Master? All Pokemon gameplay-wise, can be defeatable. However, if they were to fight more realistically and not be bound by silly gameplay mechanics, they're on a different level.
That response was more random than anything XD. But as you said the imbalance is glaring with megas. Where was mega Mightyena, Haxorus, Raichu, Haxorus, Unova Starters, Haxorus, Johto Starters, Haxorus...Did I mention Haxorus?

Yes. That obnoxious imbalance is more than personal and unfair. It's rather glaring and frustrating for Pokemon like Machamp now having to face an even stronger version of Alakazam without a boost from Mega Evolution on its own, at full strength, without being outrun. Also, see where this is going? There needs to be a Mega Shedinja as well, but with all the defense and special defense stats to 1 and boost the Speed, Special Attack, and Attack. Maybe Wonder Guard or Sturdy. This needs to be put more thought into it and think of possibilities into practical use.

The more they neglect, the more people will make note and bring the logic in regards to this.

When I saw Lucario I expected mega Zoroark but nope that didn't happen. If you are gonna give pseudos upgrades give them all upgrades. If you give Starters upgrades, give them all upgrades. Why did Audino get a mega again?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
When I saw Lucario I expected mega Zoroark but nope that didn't happen. If you are gonna give pseudos upgrades give them all upgrades. If you give Starters upgrades, give them all upgrades. Why did Audino get a mega again?
To further support and be a better offensive Pokemon. Pokemon trainers have Audino and actually won with them. Also, I was wonder why the other Unova didn't get them. Emboar would have appreciated that to become faster and strong, along with the other two. What about Basculin or even Volcarona? Like I said, more logic is going to applied to each deliberate or accidental neglect of evening the playing field.

Fighting types are pretty much irrelevant in the meta game nowadays anyway, Fairy and Psychic just counter them into oblivion. Also, Milotic and Cloyster don't need Mega forms, they're already really, really good.

But your point still stands, it is a really annoying concept that ruined the already rocky balance Pokemon was suffering from.

This is not unconditionally consistent at all. There are some cases where Fighting Pokemon could beat them by relying on their weaknesses, such as Poison and Steel. Lucario happens to be one of them. Also, this means no, until the aforementioned Pokemon get their Mega Evolution as well, they'll be haunted with the memories that no, they couldn't just rival them with their usual thing.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Seriously Gen 5 got screwed in Oras...
Quite exactly. Unlike Audino, none of the equally deserving Pokemon from Unova even got an alternate form to compensate a lack of Mega Evolution. You want Mega Gigalith? No to you. You want Mega Accelgor? Not happening.

Back