• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hype!!!!

Let's also talk about new abilities, things that care of things in unprecedented ways and ways that take of things that wasn't done before..

The Almighty: The Pokemon negates any move from the enemy that is not equal to or higher than its level. (Being 100, level 99 Pokemon cannot use Metal Burst or Endeavor), when that Pokemon is hit with the move, it can replace one of the moves that enemy Pokemon used, with guaranteed critical hits (regardless of defense or ability), and greater power (1.5), once. If the move is a set type or inflicts no damage, it will modify it with being able to inflict 100 HP damage to enemy Pokemon.

Dread: When this Pokemon is on the battlefield, enemy Pokemon's Defense stat is lowered by one level.

Broken Shield: Lowering the defenses of this Pokemon increases its Attack and Speed, and make one of the moves the highest priority move.

Coward: The Pokemon automatically returns to the Trainer and inflicts 1/4 damage to the enemy if low in HP.

The World: The Pokemon skips the enemy's turn and halves their defenses temporaily. The Pokemon must wait for two turns to reuse.

Strongest: The Pokemon's Attacks cannot be nullified, short of abilities (Type, Resistance and Immunity are completely bypassed).

No-Nonsense: The Pokemon will always inflict immediate Critical Hit damage, and critical damage is 2x as much and cannot be weakened or negated by any means (not even Skill Swap), but PP is used twice or thrice as much.

Overload: Moves that require a turn to charge or recharge is immediately usable with double its base power, but suffers 20 HP damage and outright unable to use that until the second turn.

Sacrifice: Moves, such as Explosion and Selfdestruct have double base power and ignores weakening during double and triple battles, as well as using 4 PP for those moves. Non-damaging sacrifical moves, such as Healing Wish, also revives the Pokemon.

Undead: The Pokemon can fight even when fainted until the fifth turn.

Fastest: The Pokemon cannot be outrun, as it will always raise its own speed by one level, have its speed stat lowered, cannot be immobilized, and the higher its speed, the higher its Attack and Special Attack becomes, all moves used have 4+ Priority. The Pokemon, however, will be tired after a number of turns, with sharply lowered Defense and Special Defense, after the fifth turn.

Assassin: The Pokemon can attack enemy Pokemon without fail, and ignores Endure and effects similar to it. It cannot bypass defensive moves, such as Detect.

Knockout Body: When the Pokemon faints, the enemy also faints, unless they are the last of the enemy's Pokemon.

They are really good but some would just break the game.

Like Overload,it should be a thing but just don't make it twice the power and don't remove HP and boom we have a balanced ability that make some weak pokemon that are other wise weak more competitive

Please explain which. I hate it when people are quite vague about it. Unlike other people, I am more complex than that. I don't want just fair and balanced abilities, I want them to be no-nonsense and pragmatic.

Overload: Moves that require a turn to charge or recharge is immediately usable with 150% its base power, outright unable to use that move until the second turn.

Great Venom: All Poison moves cannot be resisted and be nullified by any and all Steel, Ghost, Poison, and Rock Pokemon. When a Pokemon is afflicted by normal poison, it becomes badly poisoned in the next turn. Poison moves also ignore the Pokemon's immunity to being Poisoned and their ability.

Number One: All Priority moves that inflict damage have 150% their original power, and all non-damaging moves inflict a set 20 HP (including Toxic), regardless of the Pokemon's type in question. If there is only 1 PP with a move that has base power, that move can be used to cause One Hit KO, once per battle. This cannot be used again during the same battle.

I'm fine with abilitys that breack the game but you have to give them to the right pokemon like

Wonder Guard:The Pokemon can't take damage unless the move is super effective

Curse Master: The user can use Curse with 7+ Priority, which cannot be negated by switching, and inflicts with 1/3 damage instead of 1/4 for each turn. The user suffers no damage from using Curse if they are of the pure Ghost type, and only 20% damage if they are also of another type. For non-Ghost Pokemon, the user raises all five stats by one level, but cannot use it twice in a row.

Moisturize: Normal type moves become Water type moves with 30% more power.

Martialize: Normal type moves become Fighting type moves with 30% more power.

Obnoxious: The user is more likely to dodge moves that aren't 100% accurate or unavoidable.

Countdown: When the Pokemon is sent into battle, the timer will start with 7 to 10 turns, randomly. When this Pokemon faints, attacks, or does nothing during any of those turns, the enemy Pokemon is knocked out.

Tyranny: When the Pokemon faints any Pokemon directly, the user's Special Attack stat increases by one level.

Greed/Selfishness: All moves with base power are 150% or 200% stronger and uses more 2 or 3 PP, but cannot use non-damaging moves to aid its allies until after five turns have ended, directly or indirectly, while in the battlefield. For each turn has ended, it recovers 1/4 of its HP. Any stat enhancing move increases by two levels instead of one.

Tuning Fork: Sound-based moves bypass Pokemon with Soundproof, and have 150% power. When sound-based moves are used with this ability, they can hit adjacent Pokemon, with half the damage.

Convenience: Moves that do some random effect consistently inflict or attack with the best effect. Present will always have 120 base power, moves that hit more than once always hits five times, for example.

Balance: If the enemy Pokemon inflict damage to this Pokemon, the Pokemon who attacks this Pokemon also receives the exact same amount of damage. When the enemy uses a move to increase their stat or stats, the user will also increase their stats. When the user

Vital Point: Super effective damage always inflicts 300% damage instead of 200%, and Critical Hit damage bypasses abilities and moves attempting to affect this Pokemon's moves, such as Lucky Chant and Battle Armor.

Rotom in your Pokedex...OK.

New rival(s) seem promising, I hope they actually get some character development this time around. The moves for the Legendaries look pretty sweet too, though the lack of animation for Gengar getting hit was off putting.

Anyone else disappointed by how lazy the trailer was put together? I guess its a nitpick but it looked like it was slapped together in a few hours without much thought put into it.

I like the new rivals so far, I also appreciate how the dude actually look like he's from Hawaii, which is a cool touch.

Yes. Seriously. Other than Cheren, Bianca, Silver, and Hugh, the other rivals can be lacking in character development that's significant and their problems. For example, you cannot rebattle your rival at Hoenn. Only Wally can be fought again after the championship.

Gen 3 had the worst rivals imo. Sure Gary was one note as they came, but he at least had a presence in the end game (being the final boss and all). I can barely remember what May and Wally contributed to the plot.

I am well aware of that. Wally did get a lot better, and what about the Delta Emerald event or something? I remember well. However, you were right about Brendan or May as your actual rival.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
the sun legend is weak to fire.....wow, just wow....

I didn't even catch that, weird. Even his special attack is being ingulfed in flames..

well based off his profile it's just energy stored up. but still the irony of the situation.

"Inferno! Hothothot!!!!! Why aren't I a fire type?!?! Curse you Gamefreak!!!!!!!!!"

What's next? Ice Pokemon other than Kyurem using consistent Fire moves?

"I'm melting! What were you thinking?!"

a pure dark type with all fairy moves.

Steel Types with all Fire moves...oh wait.....

Fairy/Fighting

"You cannot grasp the true form of magical martial arts!"

Ice/Fire

"Shouldn't I be melting right now? My body must be of absolute zero temperature and the correct body heat to keep them from turning into mush and water."

We need to come up with the more with something to make Pokemon more convenient, meta and outside of it. Also, it should be more realistic. Like, you see how Desolate Land actually evaporates all water moves, and how Pokemon with Dry Skin are logically damaged by it?

"The power of electric emits from by immune body, and I am the master of the ground as well!"

So i saw the info on the legendaries and the region....

First off, Steel/Psychic? Wtf? TThe Sun lion is weak against Fire. He's literally called the emissary of the sun and "the beast that devours the sun". How is he going to eat the sun if he's Steel type? Is the sun in the Pokemon verse made of steel or something? And how can he be considered an emissary of the sun, if he's called "beast that devours the sun"? That doesn't make much sense. (I'm still picking him though)

Also, both legendaries are Psychic type. What. Lunala, the moon pokemon, is weak against Dark. Wat.

But i have to say, both unique attacks for the legendaries are pretty cool.

With that said, the Professor looks awesome, even though he doesn't look like a professor at all.

The Rotom Pokedex thing is genius, but i don't know if i want it to tell me where i have to go. The recent Pokemon games were always easy, but with this, the difficulty is almost zero. So i hope this game is harder than the last gen.

May I remind you this is the second Pokemon being 4x weak against to Dark and Ghost moves.

Well if u think realistically the types for the legends make sense

Realistically the sun isnt fire or made of fire at all, its plasma/gas

And the moon usually makes light for the earth by having the suns own sunlight bounce off of itself and im guessing the creators thought Light can be countered by Dark which is why the moon legendary is weak against it.

Back