• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hype!!!!

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Seriously Gen 5 got screwed in Oras...
Say what you will about Gen 5 balance (my god, the whether wars), it was a lot more fun then ORAS balance. Sure, Skarmbliss was hellish, but Calm Mind Sylveon is just plain unfair.

Here's another relevant thing. What if the new region have new Mega Evolutions for the new Pokemon as well? Seriously, Pidgeot got one, yet not Fearow?

Where's Noctowl's mega at? Where's mega arbok and sandslash? Mega Solrock and Lunatone?

The fact neither Solrock nor Lunatone got one further cements my point. Not even Zangoose got a Mega Evolution.

Even actual rivals the Pokedex claim them to be, don't even get these?! Man, they are biting the dust quite a lot for these errors.

Without being opinionated, Silver was one of the rivals who didn't just find you a problematic "weakling", but outright hated you until character development take into effect (I don't mean it in a meta or out-of-universe way). And he has a named father named Giovanni, the same Giovanni the past Pokemon trainers (the notable ones) fought against. Also, he was more no-nonsense and if there are remakes of Silver and Gold, maybe he would one up himself. Also, let's hope the rival would be rather friendly to other trainers even in the beginning, yet more no-nonsense than the the others besides Silver.

He seems like a chill guy. He seems like he will be extremely friendly, but he may not take the evil team(s) actions lightly.

How about a truly evil trainer that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever in the main video game series? For once, a trainer what is called an abomination that is truly hated by a vast number of people in their for more than being simply annoying. Even their appearance is not a great thing about them.

I want a rival like Cheren again. Someone who is a good friend of yours and has your back, while not being overly friendly or cheerful.

That could be the rival that picks the starter strong against yours. The one in the trailer chooses the starter weak to yours and seems more friendly.

Darkanine said:
I want a rival like Cheren again. Someone who is a good friend of yours and has your back, while not being overly friendly or cheerful.
You mean to the point of being out of touch with reality.

Dekoshu said:
Darkanine said:
You mean to the point of being out of touch with reality.

I liked Cheren, especially his character arc in BW2. It was a bit overdone in his case, yes, but I sill felt it was a more genuine rivalry then say, Green. N was another great rival IMO.

I meant to say that some of the rivals that been overly friendly or cheerful are out of touch with reality compared to Cheren.

Darkanine said:
Hugh was a great rival. I loved how BW2 handled the side characters.
Hugh was no-nonsense when it came to Team Plasma. I hope this rival is like Hugh only more laid back.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Darkanine said:
Hugh was a great rival. I loved how BW2 handled the side characters.
Hugh was no-nonsense when it came to Team Plasma. I hope this rival is like Hugh only more laid back.
That's the thing. Others treat Team Plasma and other past teams as minor annoyances. However, Silver, Cheren, and Hugh, don't try to fake a happy smile to you about these antagonistic groups. You think a female no-nonsense, realistic trainer would have been in the next region, too.

Due to the tropical environment, I guess we can assume at least a Grass, Water, Fire/Ground (Due to Volcanoes). I want a Dark Gym, and a Bug Gym that isn't a joke.

Darkanine said:
Due to the tropical environment, I guess we can assume at least a Grass, Water, Fire/Ground (Due to Volcanoes). I want a Dark Gym, and a Bug Gym that isn't a joke.
Seriously, A Dark type Gym and Gym Leader wouldn't have hurt.

The real cal howard said:
I also want Yanmega in that bug gym along with Mega Beedrill.
If the Gym Leaders and Elite Four to challenge the player or main trainer, they could realistically bring more Pokemon to their team. And we get it, a Mega Key Item isnt something everyone can have.

No, seriously. After that stunt at Pokemon X and Y, you think they would have have brought more Pokemon and gotten a Mega Stone. Even the Hoenn Elite Four got a Mega Stone and Mega Key Item for one of them Pokemon.

very true. The Kalos Elite 4 shoould've gotten mega stones. I mean it was freaking Kalos!!

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The most exciting thing is the return of Fissure Machoke/champ.
And the possibility of the stats update that might take over.

Here's yet another issue: Why hasn't there been a Mega Dusknoir?! Sooner or later, this "Mega Evolution in this Generation or version" is getting seriously annoying. Why not have both of these counterparts have their Mega Evolution in the same generation and version?

Back