• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible "infinite" endurance for saitama

If you really thought about, saitama's training days is straight up horror. The non stop physical activity literally tore him apart from the inside out and has him spitting blood and breaking bones and while still fighting monsters. Despite the life threatening injuries he not only doesn't stop, continues stacking life threatening injuries daily, doesn't get treatment for said injuries, but due to being poor and lack of knowledge literally starves himself and pretty much cuts off any nutrients his body needs to actually heal by just eating a banana for breakfast uncaring of proper calorie intake or the required protein and carbs to sustain himself, and to top it off doubles the damn torture by start of winter and summer.
https://img.spoilerhat.com/img/?url=https://zjcdn.********.me/store/manga/11362/02-011.0/compressed/s008.jpg

for a year and a half saitama was literally operating a meatsuit that by all accounts of biology, is inoperable. There isn't anything fueling it. Broken bones continue to be broken and hemorrhages worsen to the worst degree possible. Every last drop of energy depleted. Everything that allows the human body to function now has no reason to run.

he's nothing short of a corpse.

Yet somehow saitama wakes another day and does it all over again, through sheer willpower.

Mind you at that time he is supposed to be normal human saitama still. Normal human limits and biological functions with normal human physiology and mortal needs.

(For better visualization, read up on the worst, most severe case of overuse injuries from too much exercise then multiply the results by each day of the first 1.5 year's of saitama's training, and what you get is even less of what saitama experienced)

Now seeing as how saitama's endurance is seemingly not dependent on biological functions, and more about his willpower, is it fair to assume that saitama has "infinite endurance"?

The only limit being saitama's desire wether to continue or not.

I mean can endurance still be considered finite if calculating the amount is basically estimated by "how much the person gives a ****"?

Usually it doesnt matter how much willpower you have if you run out of energy and so the body fails to work, but its shown saitama's willpower supersedes the needs of the body and its biological functions.

If saitama is motivated enough, could he theoretically have "infinite endurance"?

Last edited:
If you wish to create a content revision, it is preferable that you include a profile link that may be impacted by the outcome of the thread. It is also advisable that you share scans or other supporting documentation to bolster your claims.

If you wish to create a content revision, it is preferable that you include a profile link that may be impacted by the outcome of the thread. It is also advisable that you share scans or other supporting documentation to bolster your claims.
You know his right....no?

Saitama broke his own limiter..

Yeah nah, it isn't limitless. He still got tired, he still got exhausted, he still slept, and he still ate.
He has blatantly superhuman stamina, but the fact that any of the above happened outright makes it being limitless false.

There's a literal infinite difference between good stamina and infinite, and all this is, is good stamina.

uh what is a profile link and how do I add it? XD

Yeah nah, it isn't limitless. He still got tired, he still got exhausted, he still slept, and he still ate.
all of which saitama ignored through pure willpower. Him sleeping and eating literally doesn't help him in the state he was in. Any benefit he could have gotten from them turned null in the face of what I'd like to call "an exponentially increasing state of inoperability".

His body was at a point where its burning off more energy than it can replenish and had no way of actually regaining stamina anymore. With each day only leaving his reserves even further down the negatives due to the multitude of factors I've already mentioned above. Saitama continues still through sheer will alone.

Again, its shown that saitama's willpower supersedes biological functions so while indeed saitama's body is vulnerable to such effects, saitama is still able to WILL his body to work anyways.

isn't endurance/stamina a matter of "the measure of a character's ability to remain active, exert themselves for long periods of time, and power through harsh circumstances."? If the body requiring sustenance and is capable of suffering from tiredness and exhaustion irrelevant to the continued action of the individual, why are we even considering these as deciding factors in this particular case again?

Last edited:
if low stamina is 0, and very high is a ten, then everything between 11 and infinity falls under superhuman
His stamina is clearly way higher than very high, but there’s no proof that he has no breaking point here without no limits fallacy

Even though I have the personal headcanon that Post-Training Saitama can't get tired anymore, there is simply no evidence that he has infinite endurance.

Your post doesn't support infinite stamina either, in-training Saitama was clearly very tired and on the verge of dying at many points in his training, that's not infinite by any stretch, it's just a vastly Superhuman stamina.

Even though I have the personal headcanon that Post-Training Saitama can't get tired anymore, there is simply no evidence that he has infinite endurance.

Your post doesn't support infinite stamina either, in-training Saitama was clearly very tired and on the verge of dying at many points in his training, that's not infinite by any stretch, it's just a vastly Superhuman stamina.
I didnt say he doesn't get tired man...

Just that he can ignore such needs through willpower. Its not even about stamina anymore because at that time of saitama's life the state of his body literally has his stamina in the negatives and the only thing keeping him going is his will.

I wanted clarification on how exactly do we estimate an individuals endurance when the biological functions are irrelevamt, and the willpower of the individual is what dictates the body's functionality. How do we measure endurance from ones willpower then?

I strongly disagree about infinite stamina, he hasn't been shown to have infinite stamina, he's already tired over and over again during the series.
Why do people keep repeating "he gets tired" when the reason why saitama continues functioning isnt due to biological functions but his willpower?

Why do people keep repeating "he gets tired" when the reason why saitama continues functioning isnt due to biological functions but his willpower?
maybe it's because he really gets tired, you can also propose this as a supernatural will

exactly here

can you provide this with scans?
I'm on mobile right now but I think the panel above is proof enough? Again, read about the worst cases of overuse injury due to too much exercise and how it impacts your health, of which saitama apparently went through this for 1.5 years, with every injury untreated and worsen exponentially overtime because saitama doesnt ever stop.

Other contributing factors is mentioned above.

He already has Supernatural Will, and there's clearly a limit of how much this willpower can push him through his poor diet and excessive training (for his body, that training is nothing specially hard).

I also don't understand what you mean by "saitama continues functioning isnt due to biological functions", he literally says he eats three meals a day, just that sometimes he eats just a banana in the mornings, he is still eating every day.

He already has Supernatural Will, and there's clearly a limit of how much this willpower can push him through his poor diet and excessive training (for his body, that training is nothing specially hard).
What limit exactly? He was a normal human the majority of that 1.5 years dude? Normal human saitama suffering the state I mentioned.
I also don't understand what you mean by "saitama continues functioning isnt due to biological functions", he literally says he eats three meals a day, just that sometimes he eats just a banana in the mornings, he is still eating every day.
Um okay how does eating three meals a day limited by his meagre budget from being dirt poor gonna help regain his stamina from the current state of his body again?

And again, proper calorie intake.

A superhuman stamina person can power themselves for a decade off a grain of rice
Someone infinite just wouldn’t need to eat the grain of rice (although technically that might just be self sustenance anyways)

Um okay how does eating three meals a day limited by his meagre budget from being dirt poor gonna help regain his stamina from the current state of his body again?
Yes, it's something, people in real life have survived for months, even a year on a poorer diet.

We also don't know what exactly he ate at noon and in the evening during his training.

What limit exactly? He was a normal human the majority of that 1.5 years dude? Normal human saitama suffering the state I mentioned.
The limit is that he clearly still needed those meals every day.

Yes, it's something, people in real life have survived for months even on a poorer diet.

We also don't know what he eats at noon and at night.
Wha why are we equating those people, to the state of saitama's body that is currently suffering the worst cases of overuse injury multiplied by 1.5 years and the myriad of negative effects on his life from such a lifestyle?

What he eats is most likely less than what is required considering he's poor and his standard for whats okay to eat is a banana.

Meals that aren't enough to actually do anything.
You wanna know a funfact? The amount of energy a mere punch from a 9-A would realistically consume would require over a year of nothing but things like hearty steaks to pay off in terms of energy.
A tier 7 punch would never be payed off.

Almost every character on the wiki going by your cost deficiency logic would have infinite stamina. matter of the fact is he ate, he slept, he doesn't have infinite stamina, it's just that simple.

You wanna know a funfact? The amount of energy a mere punch from a 9-A would realistically consume would require over a year of nothing but things like hearty steaks to pay off in terms of energy.
A tier 7 punch would never be payed off.

Almost every character on the wiki going by your cost deficiency logic would have infinite stamina. matter of the fact is he ate, he slept, he doesn't have infinite stamina, it's just that simple.
Bro this was normal human saitama with Normal human limits and biological functions with normal human physiology and mortal needs.

Its a normal human.

Yall are the ones arguing he gets enough stamina from eating despite the state his body is in like bruh

Bro this was normal human saitama with Normal human limits and biological functions with normal human physiology and mortal needs.

Its a normal human.
A normal human who's well into 9-B, and sometimes even tier 7 and 6.

Again... what saitama eats isnt enough to do anything.
if you say that then saitama just eat for fun? stop with that stoneheaded argument.
im repeating my sentenced "the fact that saitama eats has proven that he doesn't have infinite stamina"

Bananas are super dense in carbs and help restock muscle glycogen levels and put a halt to muscle breakdown.

Carbohydrates provide the body with glucose, which is converted to energy used to support bodily functions and physical activity.

if you say that then saitama just eat for fun? stop with that stoneheaded argument.
im repeating my sentenced "the fact that saitama eats has proven that he doesn't have infinite stamina"
Because he doesnt know any better??? How would he know eating doesnt do anything?
Bananas are super dense in carbs and help restock muscle glycogen levels and put a halt to muscle breakdown.

Carbohydrates provide the body with glucose, which is converted to energy used to support bodily functions and physical activity.
Which is enough to sustain the state of his exponentially worsening body and multiple health concerns yes?

And again, proper calorie intake.
If someone has infinite stamina, I don't think he needs to eat at all.

A normal human who's well into 9-B, and sometimes even tier 7 and 6.
Just checkin, we are still talking about saitama from the majority of 1.5 years into his training right? The saitama that found it hard to do his training regimene?

Also aren't humans in opm just stronger overall compared to rl?

Back