• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible "infinite" endurance for saitama

Just checkin, we are still talking about saitama from 1.5 years into his training right?
Yeah, and even if it wasn't, it wouldn't matter.
Infinite stamina is only granted to those who have actual infinite stamina. Even sleeping for 1 second ruins any chance of that, hell even just resting for a bit prevents that. Saitama could go "oh im tired, i need to rest" and sit down for like 30 seconds before getting up and that'd be enough to discredit infinite stamina.
Because he doesnt know any better??? How would he know eating doesnt do anything?
Or maybe he eats because it gives him energy to continue his training in the same way he goes to sleep because he's tired?
Kinda like how irl people eat when they're hungry and go to sleep when they're tired.

If you really thought about, saitama's training days is straight up horror. The non stop physical activity literally tore him apart from the inside out and has him spitting blood and breaking bones and while still fighting monsters. Despite the life threatening injuries he not only doesn't stop, continues stacking life threatening injuries daily, doesn't get treatment for said injuries, but due to being poor and lack of knowledge literally starves himself and pretty much cuts off any nutrients his body needs to actually heal by just eating a banana for breakfast uncaring of proper calorie intake or the required protein and carbs to sustain himself, and to top it off doubles the damn torture by start of winter and summer.
Does not grant any infinite stamina.
https://img.spoilerhat.com/img/?url=https://zjcdn.********.me/store/manga/11362/02-011.0/compressed/s008.jpg
This evidence does not show any infinite stamina either.
for a year and a half saitama was literally operating a meatsuit that by all accounts of biology, is inoperable. There isn't anything fueling it. Broken bones continue to be broken and hemorrhages worsen to the worst degree possible. Every last drop of energy depleted. Everything that allows the human body to function now has no reason to run.
This also does not grant any infinite stamina, either.
he's nothing short of a corpse.

Yet somehow saitama wakes another day and does it all over again, through sheer willpower.

Mind you at that time he is supposed to be normal human saitama still. Normal human limits and biological functions with normal human physiology and mortal needs.

(For better visualization, read up on the worst, most severe case of overuse injuries from too much exercise then multiply the results by each day of the first 1.5 year's of saitama's training, and what you get is even less of what saitama experienced)

Now seeing as how saitama's endurance is seemingly not dependent on biological functions, and more about his willpower, is it fair to assume that saitama has "infinite endurance"?
No, it is not. Read stamina section.
The only limit being saitama's desire wether to continue or not.
Irrelevant to endurance.
I mean can endurance still be considered finite if calculating the amount is basically estimated by "how much the person gives a ****"?
This is your interpretation.
Usually it doesnt matter how much willpower you have if you run out of energy and so the body fails to work, but its shown saitama's willpower supersedes the needs of the body and its biological functions.
This does not prove infinite Stamina
If saitama is motivated enough, could he theoretically have "infinite endurance"?
No

Yeah, and even if it wasn't, it wouldn't matter.
Infinite stamina is only granted to those who have actual infinite stamina. Even sleeping for 1 second ruins any chance of that, hell even just resting for a bit prevents that. Saitama could go "oh im tired, i need to rest" and sit down for like 30 seconds before getting up and that'd be enough to discredit infinite stamina.
Him resting only happens after his stamina is alr in the negatives and having finished all activities though? Rest, that doesnt actually help in regaining stamina. Saitama isnt using stamina to sustain himself here but willpower.
Or maybe he eats because it gives him energy to continue his training in the same way he goes to sleep because he's tired?
Kinda like how irl people eat when they're hungry and go to sleep when they're tired.
Energy from eating that is enough to sustain his exponentially increasing state of inoperability yes?

even if you said Saitama has Infinite stamina via Supernatural Willpower, why did he seems exhausted? not only that, saitama eats because he is a "normal" human that if his stamina runs out or if he is tired, he will eat.

even if you said Saitama has Infinite stamina via Supernatural Willpower, why did he seems exhausted? not only that, saitama eats because he is a "normal" human that if his stamina runs out or if he is tired, he will eat.
Does not grant any infinite stamina.

This evidence does not show any infinite stamina either.

This also does not grant any infinite stamina, either.

No, it is not. Read stamina section.

Irrelevant to endurance.

This is your interpretation.

This does not prove infinite Stamina

No
Huh this actually answers a lot of my questions lmao. So wait whats this quote here from vsbattles? "Stamina is the measure of a character's ability to remain active, exert themselves for long periods of time, and power through harsh circumstances." Saitama is using willpower to remain active. I thought he qualifies?

Saitama can IGNORE biological functions through willpower and functions by literally willing his body to work.

Huh this actually answers a lot of my questions lmao. So wait whats this quote here from vsbattles? "Stamina is the measure of a character's ability to remain active, exert themselves for long periods of time, and power through harsh circumstances." Saitama is using willpower to remain active. I thought he qualifies?
"Characters with inexhaustible sources of energy at their disposal, allowing them to fight indefinitely"

It is not. Willpower by nature is exceeding your limits, does not necessarily means you will have infinite stamina by default.

Why is his age now involved? You are adding so many unsupported claims for no reasons.
Willpower is simply exceeding your own human's limit. Has absolutely zero connectedness to infinite stamina unless it is stated so.

It is not. Willpower by nature is exceeding your limits, does not necessarily means you will have infinite stamina by default.
Which is why im confused on what to call it. Like yeah technically not infinite "stamina" because thats based on biological functions, but at the same time its explicitly shown his willpower supersedes that and can make his body function regardless.

It is not infinite stamina, it is willpower. You don't get infinite stamina by having willpower. “Exceeding limits” is not the same as “infinite stamina”.

Why is his age now involved? You are adding so many unsupported claims for no reasons.
Jus hypotheticals of how we can measure his willpower and how long he can sustain himself it being limited because he could die of old age no need to be so uptight
Willpower is simply exceeding your own human's limit. Has absolutely zero connectedness to infinite stamina unless it is stated so.
Think what you will but its shown his willpower supersedes biological functions. Name it whatever ig

Jus hypotheticals of how we can measure his willpower and how long he can sustain himself it being limited because he could die of old age.
His age is irrelevant.
Think what you will but its shown his willpower supersedes biological functions. Name it whatever ig
This is willpower in vsbattles. Is there anything else or we should close this thread?

Dread already said above "Willpower by nature is exceeding your limits, does not necessarily means you will have infinite stamina by default." i assume you already understand, yes?

Dread already said above "Willpower by nature is exceeding your limits, does not necessarily means you will have infinite stamina by default." i assume you already understand, yes?
If only dread didnt leave it at that and actually considered the implications of saitama's willpower superseding biological functions.

if this revision got accepted, there will be a contradiction between whether saitama has infinite stamina or not, on the one hand saitama can do that with supernatural willpower, on the other hand saitama seems exhausted after doing that. which is very confusing

Yeah this ain’t enough for infinite stamina or endurance. Ultimately there’s nothing stating Saitama could’ve continued his exercises indefinitely without rest, and the fact that he needed to eat and visibly got winded contradicts the proposal.

This is just really good Superhuman stamina.

Which is irrelevant. Having infinite age or dying in old age has nothing to do with infinite stamina.

Which are? And if you don't mind, while doing a claim, send the evidence.
Has nothing to do with infinite stamina.
Which is why I wanted to know what this is called??? I know stamina is derived from biological function, but this quote "stamina is the measure of a character's ability to remain active, exert themselves for long periods of time, and power through harsh circumstances" also qualifies saitama's willpower which makes things confusing.

They are similar in function. Stamina sustains the body. In saitamas case willpower sustains his. How long he does so depends entirely on his will which is why I brought out hypotheticals.

Not saying that its actually "infinite stamina", just that technically speaking, it can act as one.

Which is why I wanted to know what this is called??? I know stamina is derived from biological function, but this quote "stamina is the measure of a character's ability to remain active, exert themselves for long periods of time, and power through harsh circumstances" also qualifies saitama's willpower which makes things confusing.

They are similar in function. Stamina sustains the body. In saitamas case willpower sustains his. How long he does so depends entirely on his will which is why I brought out hypotheticals.
It's called willpower.

Yeah this ain’t enough for infinite stamina or endurance. Ultimately there’s nothing stating Saitama could’ve continued his exercises indefinitely without rest, and the fact that he needed to eat and visibly got winded contradicts the proposal.

This is just really good Superhuman stamina
Eating and resting wouldnt have helped the state he was in though :,(

Like his stamina is alr supposed to be in the negatives throughout the 1.5 years no matter what he does.

Back