• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible "infinite" endurance for saitama

It's insane willpower, not infinite stamina. Later on in the story, a post-training Saitama frantically runs around the city looking for bad guys for an entire day, and he was exhausted afterwards. He definitely gets tired, but he has the sheer will to push through it.

Didn't Genos when finding out about Saitama's routine called it average? so like everyone above that version of Cyborg has infinite stamina now? XD

Even Diederick Kastner, who was literally in combat and traveling for over a century does not have infinite stamina, even from his dummy thicc Willpower which let him go through 1-A mindfuck bullshit.

Saitama has literally none of those things going for him, you need very clear and explicit evidence with no anti-feats for infinite stamina.

The entire argument is "Willpower equals stamina, and Saitama has limitless willpower; therefore, Saitama has limitless stamina". Nothing suggests he can exert himself indefinitely, though. Hell, nothing even suggests Saitama has limitless willpower either. This entire argument hinges on an unsubstantiated hypothetical.

I agree with those who disagree, Saitama just has crazy superhuman stamina, but to be infinite he literally needs to never tire nor run off of energy, which isn't the case.
He can push through something that would be unbearable for any human? Yes, but that's not infinite anyway.

There are characters out there which much more impressive feats, like fighting non-stop for centuries or thousands of years, and still don't get infinite stamina if they eventually tire or aren't outright stated to never be able to tire.

Again, all I'm saying here is that saitama's willpower supersedes biological functions, so arguments about him tiring or running out of energy is redundant especially if its repeated 5x, and its not a matter of conventional stamina anymore because in the first place the majority of those 1.5 years of training has his stamina already in the negatives and exponentially decreasing with willpower the only thing sustaining him.

All I wanted to know is the EXTENT of saitama's willpower and how would we reliably estimate it when calculating the amount basically devolves into "how much saitama gives a ****" and so made this post because it sounded close enough to how "infinite stamina" works, but I'm open to reasons why its finite and even I agree. It sounds hypothetical because even Idk factors like old age, decomposition, the limit of saitama's power, etc and how it affects the outcome.

There's just no way to quantify Saitama's willpower, and it still wouldn't grant him infinite stamina.
There's plenty of characters whose willpower allowed them to push through much worse than Saitama's training, and still aren't given infinite stamina.

We have Asura Akuma who fought non-stop for 500 years, Comics Thor has several feats of fighting and generally living for years without food or sleep, the aforementioned Archaon has similar feats, and there are many more out there.

To qualify for infinite stamina you need evidences of literally being unable to tire or run off of stamina, either because you are continously fueled by some source, magical means or else.

Stamina alone, and willpower on some common grounds, is difficult to quantify, as it encompasses the ability to be operative for long periods of time, to withstand pain, to resist without nourishment or sleep, to push thrugh harsh conditions, to have mental fortitude and so on.
Like, Saitama might exceed by far the time other characters can spend fighting and training, but might fall short to them when it comes to survive certain wounds or else.
It's really a case by case basis.

Infinite stamina and infinite endurance is quite different also btw... (talking about the thread title and op🙈)

All I wanted to know is the EXTENT of saitama's willpower and how would we reliably estimate it
Just slap the best willpower feat he has and that's about it, you've got yourself the "extent" of his willpower.

I disagree with the OP for reasons everyone and their mother has already mentioned.

Just slap the best willpower feat he has and that's about it, you've got yourself the "extent" of his willpower..
So like willpower that supersedes biological functions and to power through death with an exponentially dying state, got it.

Still pretty vague lmao

We have Asura Akuma who fought non-stop for 500 years, Comics Thor has several feats of fighting and generally living for years without food or sleep, the aforementioned Archaon has similar feats, and there are many more out there.

To qualify for infinite stamina you need evidences of literally being unable to tire or run off of stamina, either because you are continously fueled by some source, magical means or else.

Stamina alone, and willpower on some common grounds, is difficult to quantify, as it encompasses the ability to be operative for long periods of time, to withstand pain, to resist without nourishment or sleep, to push thrugh harsh conditions, to have mental fortitude and so on.
Like, Saitama might exceed by far the time other characters can spend fighting and training, but might fall short to them when it comes to survive certain wounds or else.
It's really a case by case basis.
Some of this stuff is just Self Sustenance. However, I do agree that this isn't exactly endurance, he just has strong willpower.

Some of this stuff is just Self Sustenance. However, I do agree that this isn't exactly endurance, he just has strong willpower.
Self-sustenance also needs solid proof that the chatacter can go on forever without said sustenance, otherwise it's just endurance.
For example, Thor only has type 1.

That's, like, the majority of Supernatural Willpower feats on this site. Grug?
Seems more impressive to me ig coming from a relatively normal human with normal human psyiology and mortal needs like pre-training saitama who's apparently weak enough that he finds an average training regimene "hard"

Back