• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have redirected the Ocean Master page.

The content was removed and replaced with a redirection link, in case somebody searches for "Ocean Master" instead.

Well, the new page seemed to have updated statistics and various other pages that linked to it. The old one did not.

For the record, I think the newer profile is what should be deleted in cases like this. The duplicate is the mistake after all not the original one, it's only fair to treat it accordingly.

Well, I have limited time available, but if you wish, you can inspect the profiles, transfer any relevant information, verify that the statistics are the same as those of Aquaman (DC Extended Universe) and if necessary update them, restore the deleted page, delete the other one, and update all of the other pages that now link to the wrong profile.

Got it. I'll head off to bed in a little while but I may take a look at this tomorrow.

@Andytrenom

Thank you.

@OpMasada

Taken care of.

SomebodyData took care of deleting it. Feel free to inform the page creator.

@Medeus

Feel free to help the page creator by explaining to him why the page was deleted.

You should probably ask them on their message walls, as well as deleting any that pop up.

The deletion message should also specify that it was deleted because a thorough analysis is being done by you/Steve.

@Bambu You can just get the profile revised later, it's not delete worthy as far as I can see.

Not only is it bad quality, but we've deleted the profile multiple times already

At this point a short ban for that profile is probably in order

It's not horrible quality at all, I can clean it up and the stats can be handled through a CRT.

Compared to what ive been told the profile will be, yes, it is

This profile has been in development for a while, the current one needs to go

Andytrenom said:
@Bambu You can just get the profile revised later, it's not delete worthy as far as I can see.
It picks a handful of random abilities to describe, the formatting for at least the Attack Potency bit is pretty awful,. and doesn't elaborate on practically anything (such as the weakness where he can only actually harm ghosts/apparitions in any meaningful way through the use of Divine Confetti, or that his resurrection inflicts disease on those he allies himself with and isn't purely spammable). The profile should also be classified under his more-used name, Wolf, rather than Sekiro.

I'm asking that the profile be held off until we can give it an actual fair go just to avoid hassle. An uninformed profile shouldn't be given pass so that it can be reviewed, an actually good profile should just be posted to begin with.

Just to be clear. My laptop committed techno-death so I won't be active but I am working on the profile regardless, Steve is also assisting.

The Attack Potency issue was no problem to fix at all, and even if your profile would have been better, it doesn't mean the current one is below our standards for what is allowed.

Other people shouldn't be forbidden from creating a profile if they don't make something unsalvageable just because you don't like the job they've done. Nothing is stopping you from improving it when you have the opportunity.

I won't argue for the profile to be restored, but I'm completely against imposing any ban or deleting any future profiles for the characters unless they're legitimately below standards.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/W._D._Gaster

The character technically doesn't even exist in the game and is mostly speculation by fans, the only confirmed time he appears is in messages detailing the fact that he was erased. Due to the fact that the character actually does not appear in his own game, due to being erased, there is no way to really give him any powers or abilities and the ones he has currently are iffy at best

Paul Frank said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/W._D._Gaster

The character technically doesn't even exist in the game and is mostly speculation by fans, the only confirmed time he appears is in messages detailing the fact that he was erased. Due to the fact that the character actually does not appear in his own game, due to being erased, there is no way to really give him any powers or abilities and the ones he has currently are iffy at best
The abilities seem fine based off what was shown in-game.

The thing is there was nothing shown in game, there is no confirmation that the skeleton is Gaster the only time he actually existed canonically was before the events of the game and in text logs. Everything else about him is a collection of fan theories

Paul Frank said:
The thing is there was nothing shown in game, there is no confirmation that the skeleton is Gaster the only time he actually existed canonically was before the events of the game and in text logs. Everything else about him is a collection of fan theories
What do you mean about the skeleton being Gaster?

The whole point of the character is piecing up stuff together from the various random events and stuff found in the game. If you want to argue about which part would truly be part of the character you can, but I disagree with just deleting the character.

The one thats assumed to be gaster for the sake of the profile is iirc just an unnamed character that appears around 3 or 4 times in the game based on random chance easter egg events. The only reason he is generally thought to be Gaster is because of various fan theories by people like MatPat

Paul Frank said:
The one thats assumed to be gaster for the sake of the profile is iirc just an unnamed character that appears around 3 or 4 times in the game based on random chance easter egg events. The only reason he is generally thought to be Gaster is because of various fan theories by people like MatPat
Don't game files show/heavily imply that it's Gaster? I haven't looked into this stuff since Undertale's high-point but I think everything on his profile is clearly from Gaster.

Don't game files show/heavily imply that it's Gaster? I haven't looked into this stuff since Undertale's high-point but I think everything on his profile is clearly from Gaster.
No actually the only mentions of gaster in the files are the Gaster_Followers and Gaster Blasters

The character assumed to be Gaster is the mystery man found in room 269 room_mysteryman

There is also the fact that pretty much only Gaster-related things happen with FUN events. The fact that he uses the same sound as one of the Followers, etc. Again, if you want to argue to remove stuff of the profiles it's fine, but it's not grounds for deletion and so shouldn't be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back