• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I noticed that several pages about Slenderman (The Slenderman from EverymanHYBRID, Slenderman from The Angel's Game, Victor from MyDarkJournal, Mark Slender, etc.) were removed a while ago, apparently because the character is not in the public domain. I think these two profiles should also be removed, the one from the 2016 movie has no scans of anything, plus it's a fan film. The Windigo movie is called "Windigo [A Slender Man Movie]", so it is also a fan film about Slenderman.

Can you prove that both are fan movies because I can't find this information anywhere.

Can you prove that both are fan movies because I can't find this information anywhere.
The only official Slender Man movie is the one made in 2018 (and in this case Sony did have permission to use the character). In the case of Windigo and Slender (2016), the name of the author of the character (or of Mythology Entertainment in the case of the 2016 film, since at that point I think they were the ones who had the rights to Slendy) does not appear in the credits of either of the two films, there is also nothing to suggest that Victor Surge (O Mythology Entertainment in the case of the 2016 film) was involved in the creation of these films or that he has even given permission for them to use Slenderman in those films. In the 2016 movie they even avoid saying the name "Slender Man", if I remember correctly they refer to him as "the Slender Creature" (probably in an attempt to avoid a lawsuit xd).

I thought the 2016 one was also made by an official studio

Wendigo I'm neutral, can be nuked either way

This looks like an unfinished page.

Oh... it's an object.

I noticed that several pages about Slenderman (The Slenderman from EverymanHYBRID, Slenderman from The Angel's Game, Victor from MyDarkJournal, Mark Slender, etc.) were removed a while ago, apparently because the character is not in the public domain. I think these two profiles should also be removed, the one from the 2016 movie has no scans of anything, plus it's a fan film. The Windigo movie is called "Windigo [A Slender Man Movie]", so it is also a fan film about Slenderman.
Bump, so that the profiles are not lost, I will move them to FC/OC after their deletion (although the 2016 Slenderman profile needs an urgent revision).

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mesperyian
This should be moved to FC/OC, it's basically an OC with a page worth of info on them posted on some random free hosting site
I made a thread about her before I posted the profile where I was told by a staff member that she should be fine. She's a popular character who has feats and powers while not being fanfiction. The site the story is hosted on even says she's a copyrighted character

While I don't wanna go into whataboutism, this kinda thing has been approved time and time again

I made a thread about her before I posted the profile where I was told by a staff member that she should be fine. She's a popular character who has feats and powers while not being fanfiction. The site the story is hosted on even says she's a copyrighted character

While I don't wanna go into whataboutism, this kinda thing has been approved time and time again
Idk about the Punch guy (Though that one seems like a parody work so) but as the guy who made the Clockwork page I heavily disagree with it being the same. It's not leeching of an existing property/religion for its story and is larger than 1-2 paragraphs.
Booksie is as far as I can tell closer to Wattpad than any official platform, and either way this is just direct fanfic about a God OC from Greek Mythology
It really is better fit for FC/OC than

Idk about the Punch guy
He's from an 10 panel comic (and he only appears in three of them) that was posted on Twitter/Reddit. I tried to get him deleted a while ago but was told he was fine

It's not leeching of an existing property/religion
It's Greek myth, which has inspired many of the works found on site already

Booksie is as far as I can tell closer to Wattpad than any official platform
Clockwork is hosted on a website alongside fanfictions like Ticci Toby and Ben Drowned. I also wanna point out that Mesperyian has cosplays, fanart, and fanfiction of her own

I'm not too bothered either way, it was a quick and easy profile, but from what I've gathered it doesn't break any rules

It's Greek myth, which has inspired many of the works found on site already
Fanfic of Greek Myth, and unlike say Percy Jackson this has not been officially published anywhere
Clockwork is hosted on a website alongside fanfictions like Ticci Toby and Ben Drowned. I also wanna point out that Mesperyian has cosplays, fanart, and fanfiction of her own
It's objectively not fanfic, it's not based on any prior existing property. The site it was posted it is where all major Creepypastas get published really.
Mind you I think Ben Drowned has more grounds to be on the site than Mesperyian, since the focal point in it is something possessing a game but I digress.
Either way Clockwork is not something that supports this being on nor does the other example really

Fanfic of Greek Myth, and unlike say Percy Jackson this has not been officially published anywhere
Greek myth is public domain, and while you can't find it in stores or anything, the story and character are both copyrighted by the author. Clockwork and Punch Man also haven't been published, unless the Creepypasta website counts
Mind you I think Ben Drowned has more grounds to be on the site than Mesperyian
Zelda isn't public domain, Greek myth is. A story based in Greek myth isn't fanfiction in the same way that a story based in Zelda or Harry Potter are.
The site it was posted it is where all major Creepypastas get published really.
It's a site that anyone can publish to, even fanfic writers, given they fill out the submission form. Many major Creepypastas are fanfictions, even if Clockwork herself isn't, she is surrounded by them on the "Creepypasta Classics" section lol

There's also The Puppeteer who is hosted on Deviantart...
Either way Clockwork is not something that supports this being on nor does the other example really
Both are very applicable. Clockwork: Your Time Is Up isn't something you can find in a bookstore, just on a website that anyone can submit to. Punch Man, similarly, is a short comic posted on Twitter and Reddit. This shouldn't be too different from this story

Should we maybe move this elsewhere as to not clutter up this thread?

Last edited:

A High 1-B rating yet has Galaxy level AP, High Outerverse level SS, and Multi-Galaxy level durability

Huh

I'm a fan of this verse, and can confirm that Mike literally never gets anywhere close to that level. Just delete it.

Might have to check with whoever put this up to see if this was a blog misfire and allow for an archival opportunity.

(Some other DMC things were posted, but this one's the most likely to be a blog misfire).

New user

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here. 🙏

Back