• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Project for updating the Standard Profile Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otherwise, I think that the page is pretty done and the only thing that needs to be made is tweaking the text.

Okay. Thank you very much for the help.

Are the rest of you fine with if we use Skalt's new version of the page?

Personally I like the "wikitable" format a bit more like the one below

Feats

• Feat 1
  • Feat 2
  • Feat 3
But either one is an improvement.

On a slight tangent, should we have a page where people can copy over some of the more complicated formatting things such as the wikitables and collapsible elements?

@Wokistan

1) I prefer Skalt's version. My apologies.

2) What do you mean?

@Ogurtsow

Have you asked A6colute, Promestein, and Darkanine to help you out?

Okay. I will update the standard format page then.

Most of the work is basically done. Now the Editing Rules page wishes to be updated.

What kind of additions can join the editing rules? I know that the next ones definitely can:

• It is encouraged to make a blog or sandbox drafts of their profiles before actually publishing them. This way you can clean up and perfect the profiles before their publication.
  • Don't sacrifice any details for the reading convenience, try to get the details across the most efficient manner. If you don't manage to come up with a short explanation, then stick to a longer one.

Ogurtsow said:
I've found some information about the automatical username-related template:
Sorry. I forgot that this still needs to be dealt with.

Are the rest of you fine with if I add the following editing rules?

• It is encouraged to make blog or sandbox drafts of profiles before actually publishing them. This way you can clean up and perfect the profiles before their publication.
  • Don't sacrifice any details for the reading convenience. Try to get the information across in the most efficient manner. If you don't manage to come up with a short explanation, then stick to a longer one.

@Ogurtsow

Okay. I use a tablet, so it is hard for me to edit those pages myself, but perhaps A6colute, Darkanine, or Promestein are able to help.

Antvasima said:
@Wokistan

1) I prefer Skalt's version. My apologies.

2) What do you mean?
Either one looks good to me, no need to apologize.

I was unaware that wikia had something similar to this already when I commented, but I meant a page that has different code to do things like tabbers and collapsibles and wikitables.

Don't we need to make the modifications to the wiki that he described first?

It seems to work already, at least going by Skalt's earlier post here where it worked.

I am not so sure. It simply seems to reveal the username of whoever clicked on the link, not go to their sandbox.

To use this template, just type {{USERNAME}} or {{USERNAME|You're not logged in}}, in the latter case the text 'You're not logged in' (can be replaced) will appear if the user is not registered.

@Antvasima

The following code should be used: [[User:{{USERNAME}}/sandbox|your sandbox]]

Output of this code: [[User:User/sandbox|your sandbox]]

Ogurtsow seemingly gave a wrong code to work with because if you put the variable in your link, the link will not work :(

Well, I cannot help you with programming issues. You should ask A6colute, Darkanine, and Promestein to comment here.

That seems to work fine, yes. Should I unlock the page for you to edit again?

I have done so. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back