• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raiden (MGRR) vs Genos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwellken

RP Elder
Both at their strongest.

Battle takes place in an abandoned city.

Victory via death, or the opponent is unable to continue fighting.

Isn't he only faster in reaction speed? Also his durability is pretty low in comparison as well and Genos has ranged attacks. I think it's a pretty close fight. Wanna wait for more opinions though.

The Everlasting said:
Nope, Raiden has Massively Hypersonic+ reactions and combat speed.
That's what I meant by "reaction"... That doesn't extend to movement speed though does it? Because it's listed as Hypersonic+.

have you seen the difference between mhs+ and hs+(spoiler alert: its huge)

I understand that but It's still not his movement speed. He has to get close....

Genos still has ranged and area attacks though, and Raiden's durability is flimsy in comparison to Genos' AP.

genos would have to hit though, and their reaction time difference won't allow it

SomebodyStupid said:
genos would have to hit though, and their reaction time difference won't allow it
(I'm imagining raiden cartwheel dodging various energy beams while getting in close lol.)

But reactions alone wouldn't be enough to escape a wide area explosion. That would fall under movement or travel speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdj9MjRkfQc

(Go to about 2:34)

Both are listed as "Hypersonic+" in speed, but Raiden has better reaction and combat speed. Meaning he can respond and react faster than Genos can. Raiden also has better combat experience and better feats overall (both is and not Genos' fault though, as he always gets careless and or usually ends up fighting Demon to Dragon level threats that only either High level S-Class Heores can fight or only Saitama himself can fight). Also, HF Blade + Zandatsu FTW. Also, Genos said his blast is only about 500m in range, Raiden can dodge that easily.

Hmm well if everyone seems to share the same opinion I'll take you guys' word for it. Is this enough input to add a victory for Raiden?

Yeah I don't see Genos winning here due to Raiden's much faster combat and reaction speed. Add that with his HF blade and Raiden being just as fast as him in movement speed Raiden is more than likely going to win. I guess if most people agree that Raiden wins then it can be added to his victories and Genos losses.

Oblivion00 said:
Yeah I don't see Genos winning here due to Raiden's much faster combat and reaction speed. Add that with his HF blade and Raiden being just as fast as him in movement speed Raiden is more than likely going to win. I guess if most people agree that Raiden wins then it can be added to his victories and Genos losses.
I still think with a well placed area attack Genos could take it. By the way... how do reflexes/combat speed allow you to outrun a 500m blast?

Edwellken said:
Oblivion00 said:
I still think with a well placed area attack Genos could take it. By the way... how do reflexes/combat speed allow you to outrun a 500m blast?
500m isn't that long range. A hypersonic+ character can avoid that easily as they move at least Mach 10 (3400m/s), so it's easy not to get hit. Also, one good slash by Raiden OHKO's Genos.

Edit: Sorry, wrote the wrong number for Mach 10. It's 3400m/s, not 7700 (mixed it up with mph). But it will still be more than fast enough to dodge the blast.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Edwellken said:
Oblivion00 said:
500m isn't that long range. A hypersonic+ character can avoid that easily as they move at least Mach 10 (7700m/s), so it's easy not to get hit. Also, one good slash by Raiden OHKO's Genos.
I see, though I was under the impression the blast would be going the same speed or faster (I don't know why). Looks like Raiden wins.

I see Raidens speed and HF sword will be took much for Genos. And if Genos' arm lasers start coming into play, Raiden could just cut off his arms.

Genos has reacted to lasers before, curving ones. Could be considered an outlier but then again the speed would probably be still damn fast

And he fought with missing arms before hasn't he? And a wide enough area of effect attack could take Raiden out if Genos chooses to use that since Genos is city level. Even incinerator in an all around area would be enough to seriously damage Raiden won't it?

And there's also the self destruct in his body. So even if he dies, that can still trigger. He has described it as the range being enough to reach the Monsters Association in a wide area (The remains of the Base, which is a city sized area)

So the best Raiden could hope for is a tie isn't it? I doubt he'll immediately assume that Genos has a self-destruct ability either

I'm here to just say that Raiden pretty much only needs to hit once to kill Genos (HF blade) I mean really just about every single monster/person Genos has fought have destroyed his body. Deep Sea King used acid to melt his body so HF Blade FTW.

Also i doubt that Incinerate could melt Raiden's body. I mean sure it can melt rock but Raiden's body is much much stronger than steel. Titanium maybe? Don't remember it was mentioend once. Anyway he can pretty much grab MF Ray's Heat Blade with his bare hands without any damage.

Also Zandatsu. In just a fraction of a second he can swing his sword hundreds of times (my record is 734) Assuming from those bullets that move only few inches during it.

Vajra Avalon said:
I'm here to just say that Raiden pretty much only needs to hit once to kill Genos (HF blade) I mean really just about every single monster/person Genos has fought have destroyed his body. Deep Sea King used acid to melt his body so HF Blade FTW.
Also i doubt that Incinerate could melt Raiden's body. I mean sure it can melt rock but Raiden's body is much much stronger than steel. Titanium maybe? Don't remember it was mentioend once. Anyway he can pretty much grab MF Ray's Heat Blade with his bare hands without any damage.

Also Zandatsu. In just a fraction of a second he can swing his sword hundreds of times (my record is 734) Assuming from those bullets that move only few inches during it.
what this guy said ^

All Raiden needs is one good swipe to end the fight

Fair enough, not gonna compare pH levels and blades

Makes sense, but there's still the argument about that explosive core. I doubt it's the type of bomb that'll be defused just by slashing and hacking at it ( no bomb can be defused while being shot at) so there's that. Even if Raiden defeats Genos, the issue of the self desctructing bomb is not something he'll expect and that'll be one dead Raiden.

Mosquito Girl upgraded was around city level after with how easily she's batting around Genos, and yet the cyborg was sure that she would be taken out with that bomb

I would personally give this to Raiden. His durability might be lower than that of Genos, but we have seen him enduring for example the kicks of Armstrong that shattered an about-one-meter-thick plate of steel.Also, he can have repair nanopaste, which Genos does not have.

(Also LOL, thinking of raiden limbo-ing Genos' attacks)

DaamK'Vosh said:
I would personally give this to Raiden. His durability might be lower than that of Genos, but we have seen him enduring for example the kicks of Armstrong that shattered an about-one-meter-thick plate of steel.Also, he can have repair nanopaste, which Genos does not have.
Isn't anyone paying attention to Genos' self destruct core though? The same thing that he described could encompass the Monster Base, which is a huge place.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
DaamK'Vosh said:
Isn't anyone paying attention to Genos' self destruct core though? The same thing that he described could encompass the Monster Base, which is a huge place.
Raiden could rip it out WAY before Genos could use it. Raiden: Massively Hypersonic+Genos: High Hypersonic

Raiden could rip it out WAY before Genos could use it. Raiden: Massively Hypersonic+Genos: High Hypersonic

And Raiden could Zandatsu it. Lol. He'd have free Ripper Mode for months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back