• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Superheros Round 10 - Kikoru Shinomiya vs Ladybug (7-0-0)

IxaSaga2

He/Him
East_vs_West.jpg

THE RECORD OF SUPERHEROES

Round 10

Kikoru Shinomiya vs Ladybug

55% Kikoru and Season 3 Ladybug is used. Speed equalized. Range between them is 15m. Victory via SBA.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Last edited:
I will say for Kikoru:

AP/Dura: Since 55% is being used, this is a High 7-C battle. In which case, she scales far above 330.95 KT for being able to one-shot a bunch of 330.95 KT Wyvern Kaiju. She can increase her cutting power further through the use of her axe’s shockwave. Not to mention, she has higher durability via her Shield

Speed: Due to Speed Equalization, Ladybug’s combat speed will be equalized to Kikoru’s while all of Ladybug’ other speed stats will be reduced by the difference between Ladybug and Kikoru’s combat speed. Kikoru won’t be affected much by this due to being the slower of the two, but this means that due to the rules, she will keep her far higher reaction speed and attack speed with her firearms. She can increase the acceleration of her swings through her axe’s shockwave

LS: She obviously loses badly in this category being Class 5 vs Class G

Other stuff: She has Analytical Prediction that helps with keeping up with faster opponents. Able to improve mid-combat through Accelerated Development. Versatilities through her elemental bullets [Burst Rounds can pulverize or vaporize flesh on contact, Freeze Rounds to freeze and slow movements & Conductor Rounds to paralyze, even if it misses; the bullets got decent range as someone weaker than her could do this] and stun grenades.

Intelligence/Skill: Majority of it is written on her profile but suffice to say that she is viewed as a genius fighter in her verse

Last edited:
...Yeah Ladybug kinda loses this. Not a stomp, but out of 100 fights LB loses about 55 of them.

I don't think the AP difference equals a stomp here (since Ladybug normally fights people much stronger than her such as Gorizilla, Ikari Gozen, and Stoneheart) and speed is equalized here so thats mostly a non factor in this fight, but Kikoru has a lot of stuff going for her that Ladybug just cant match.

• Kikoru obviously has range on her side for the most part, or at least a more concistent range. Sure, Ladybug's yoyo can reach tens of kilometers in length and has even been stated to be "infinite", but Ladybug for the most part is a melee fighter who uses the yoyo to trap or ensnare oponnents.
  • Though she COULD use the yoyo to pull Kikoru in, the AP difference and the extended melee range with the axe means that Ladybug would lose in direct melee, though Ladybug does have better acrobatic skills and could dodge the strikes for a time. It should also be of note that while Ladybug has more variety with dealing different types of villains with various powers, Kikoru has more actual COMBAT experience. Not to say that Ladybug is inexperienced, far from it actually (which I will go into later), but Kikoru is obviously the better direct fighter here.
  • Kikoru also has a lot more versatility when it comes to abilities and hax. Not get into too much detail here, but Kikoru's stun grenades, various elemental rounds, afterimage and shockwave generation, are all going to keep LB on her toes. Though her biggest tool is her Analytical prediction. It also doesn't hurt that Kikoru has her forcefields and minor healing with her defense force suit. Ladybug does have her own abilties, but most of them are non-combat applicable here.
  • Also of note, Kikoru, in terms of combat, could be seen as similar to a one of Ladybug's akumatized villains, Desperada. For reference to non-MLB people here, Desperada was a villain that Ladybug struggled to beat for the most part (mainly due to the latters ability to BFR and seal people with her shots and hits), and had required the help of Viperion in order to beat her, the latter who could use Second Chance to rewind time and undo her loses while finding the one method needed to beat the villain. While not technically the same, Ladybug could struggle the same way with Kikoru's sniper abilities.
    • The analytical prediction ability Kikoru's has is also similar to another of Ladybug's villains, Party Crasher, who outright stomped her plus 6+ heroes with his ability to predict how they move, and only won against him thanks to another hero rescuing them and because of a coordinated plan that required the teamwork of said heroes in order to actually beat PC by distrupting his prediction skills. Speed is equlized her, so that makes it a bit worse for LB.
All that being said here, Ladybug does have a few stuff of her own here that could nab her the win, as well as a few wincons as well.
  • While Kikoru is more versatile and is the better fighter of the two, Ladybug herself has a lot of experience fighting akumatized villains, most of which have a bunch of varied and crazy powers, and while Ladybug has required help on occasion, she's also proven herself to be capable of fighting by herself and winning despite being outmatched on a few occasions. Kikoru is a tough opponent, but her abilties are for the most part are nothing Ladybug has seen before in some shape or form.
  • Ladybug does have resistance to extreme temperatures, ranging from the cold temperatures such as the coldness of space (as well as up to AZ) to the heat of a nearby sun, as well as increased cold resistance with her ice form, so Kikoru's ice rounds are likely to not be as effective on her, at least in terms of hurting her, though stopping her could still be possible.
  • Ladybug can use her yoyo to create barriers by spinning the yoyo, which could help her block most of kikoru's ranged attacks.
  • Ladybug is also the much better acrobat here, given her own feats and scaling to Cat Noirs own acrobatic feats. She's also much more mobile with her ability to zip around with her yoyo.
  • Stamina is also a point Ladybug has, scaling from Aspik, who was capable of functioning for several months while using second chance. On another note however, Kikoru's own suit does have a limit for how much time it can be used until it overheats, though a time limit was not given for this. However, given that she was capable of fightign kaiju from "0400 hours to sunrise", this could imply a limit from at least 1.5 to 3 hours of nonstop usage (given that sunrises can come up as early as 0530 to up to 0700).
As for the wincon's Ladybug does ultimately have a few (that I know of and think that could work):
  1. Ladybug could just simply pull her weapons from Kikoru, thus robbing her of most of her abilties and her primary weaponry. Given Ladybug's Lifting Strength (Class G) is greater than Kikoru's own (Class 5), this is possible. Not to mention that Ladybug's common strategy is to find a way to depower or restrain her opponent, this would be in character for her. From there Ladybug would be able to get in close and finish her off by knocking her out.
    1. On a similar note (and one I just realised) Ladybug could just restrain Kikoru if she gets an opportunity to do so.
    2. Or just pull the yoyo and rip Kikoru apart like she did a bridge.
  2. Ladybug could also just wait Kikoru out since the latters suit can overheat with prolonged usage.
  3. Ladybug could also win the fight by creating a weapon with her Lucky Charm. Aside from the fact that her Lucky Charm normally gives her whatever she needs to defeat an opponent she is facing (at least an indirect way), the item is also the same power source used to invoke the Miraculous Ladybug at the end of a fight (which is a High 5A ability). By that logic, Ladybug could create a weapon with a similar power level and just one-shot Kikoru. THAT being said, this is somewhat OOC for Ladybug to do since she normally never uses weapons even when she has the opportunity to do so (see the episode Maledictator for reference), so ultimately whether or not that would be a legit strat for her is up to you guys.
Ladybug isn't completely losing in that regard, and looking back through what I've typed, she could probably win a few more times than I thought she originally could given Kikoru's. That being said, I do think Kikoru does win this more times than not, though this is a close fight.

I'll go Kikoru from now, but don't be surprised if I change my mind since this actually is much closer upon analysis of each character.

Wouldn't Ladybug be able to tie Kikoru with her yoyo and call it a day? She did it many times to both villains and heroes

Besides, Ladybug's usage of the yo-yo isn't a very conventional form of martial arts so I'm pretty certain Kikoru will not expect Ladybug to tie her, especially if she'd use her lucky charm, which will always give her something useful to defeat her opponent (though it's up to Ladybug to figure how she does it)

I'll remain neutral for now, but AP isn't everything. Just because she's at a disadvantage doesn't mean that she loses automatically

Kikoru also doesn't know Ladybug's weakness, which would be her earrings. Ladybug also have several power-up options to help her such as the Aqua form, Ice form and Space form. The latter allows her to fly freely

Honestly I can see victory going either way, considering both have advantages and disadvantages that both fighters can exploit to claim a victory, however I would just like to discuss on thing:

At first, I agreed with the idea that Ladybug's space form would offer her a lot of mobility. However, upon some further investigation, I've come to the conclusion that it wouldn't impact the outcome. Barring the small number of uses aside, Ladybug has never used the space form as a means of fighting or engaging in combat. In fact, out of the number of times her or Chat Noir have used it, it was only ever used in a battle against an akuma ONCE in the entire series, and that was only to catch up to the akumatized villain Mr Pigeon, who was planning on sending himself, his pigeons and the eifel tower to the moon (wierd I know), which was in the process of flying to space. Not to mention that we don't get to see enough of what was happening to know how she actually used the form.

TLDR; Ladybug, barring one loosely defined episode, never used the space form as a means to fly in combat, but moreso for a means of transportation, so for the time being I think it would be OOC for her to use it in combat.

Other than that, i agree with most of the other stuff that was said.

TLDR; Ladybug, barring one loosely defined episode, never used the space form as a means to fly in combat, but moreso for a means of transportation, so for the time being I think it would be OOC for her to use it in combat.
If necessary, Ladybug absolutely will use the space power up, such as when she needed to deal with Mr. Pigeon. She just mostly doesn't need it normally like she doesn't need most of her power ups regularly, but if she'd be stuck in a situation when she has no choice, she'd use the powers (such as using the Aqua form to escape from Miracle Queen, or her Ice form to not get Frozen by Frozer)

Also, I don't really understand what do you mean by "loosely defined", since the New York (and Shanghai) specials are clearly canon. Nothing says that they aren't canon so I don't understand your logic here

If necessary, Ladybug absolutely will use the space power up, such as when she needed to deal with Mr. Pigeon. She just mostly doesn't need it normally like she doesn't need most of her power ups regularly, but if she'd be stuck in a situation when she has no choice, she'd use the powers (such as using the Aqua form to escape from Miracle Queen, or her Ice form to not get Frozen by Frozer)
Also, I don't really understand what do you mean by "loosely defined", since the New York (and Shanghai) specials are clearly canon. Nothing says that they aren't canon so I don't understand your logic here
I am not saying that the New York and Shanghai specials are not canon, nor have I suggested it as such in my previous post.

I say "loosely defined" in regards to the fact that out of all the times Ladybug has used the form in the series, she has only ever used the form ONCE in order to actually fight an akumatized villain, that being Mr Pigeon.

That being said, there's two things that need to be adressed for this issue.
  1. We don't see the entire fight to suggest she used the space form as a means of fighting in Aerial combat, ala superman or iron man style, so we can't say that she has experience when it comes to using her flight offensively.
  2. It's the only time she ever used the form in a battle, or even against an akuma. Every other time aside (Including the Shanghai special), she has always used the space form not for combat, but as a means of transportation. I feel this needs stressing as it the only time she has used it for combat.
I am not saying she wouldn't use it, nor am I saying the space form is not canon. Rather I am saying that that its not in character for her to use the space form as a means of fighting someone. And EVEN if she did, there's not enough information to suggest that she has experience fighting someone in Aerial combat, since her only time shown using the space form against an akuma was one episode which we didn't even get to see the full battle of, so we have no idea how she used the form beyond just using it to catch up to said akuma (who was in the process of flying into space).

Back