• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars part 10

[My character has a CIS aversion towards anything that he doesn't think will blend well with his sword fighting. I figure restrictions are gonna be placed on it to some extent (that's also part of why the only thing I've shown copied so far is something simple like stat amping), and my main goal here is to use Satan's mind reading and Shirou's sword creation to replicate cool swords and sword techniques from various characters' pasts. Also Satan's cool.]

[@Blah still too broken. with Boost alone you break the entire power balance:

If an enemy can survive attacks from you, then that enemy will not be even scratched by most attacks from other players.

If an enemy can damage you, then that enemy will be able to one.shot everyone else.

Also you're not the only one with power mimicry, and the others don't have CIS like you.

So Power Mimicry should be heavily restricted or even entirely banned from being used.]

[Alright but you cant use Briah unless tou have alot of souls if tou only a few your body burns and you die]

[According to Satans page the 250000x power boost only takes him from 4-B to 4-A

Satans tier on his page: At least Low 4-C, Up to 4-B, possibly 4-A with Na Bong Chim Acupuncture 250,000X]

[Dont know about the copy power but it should be restricted to only copying fighting techniques]

Staring at all the black goo still resisting being burned to death. Garret channels lightning into his hands and attempts to blow the goo into chunks of blackened ash.

Blahblah9755 said:
[For neurology, he's at the level where when he became able to somewhat read minds once he could see how the neurons were firing]
[Bro that was a joke, I'm sure I crossed that out or added an ovo or something

[Oh yeah, fair point on the engineering and chemistry, though I don't know if engineering would be genius level.

[I'm getting to the power mimicry

[Ok]

[Yeah, power mimicry sucks. And admittedly I forgot Satan could do that.]

[We're all trying to make unique characters with interesting power combos, and then someone comes along and just becomes able to use all our powers. It's a pain and it feels like our efforts have been wasted. With andy's character there were at least certain restrictions we could add. With Satan, there's no clear mechanisms or limits we can impose. It's just "read your mind, know about the technique, now I can do it".]

[Blah, if the copying divine weaponry ability was what you really wanted, I think it might be better if you choose one of the other gods in GoH. If you also want copying fighting styles, you could probably get both with Jin-Mo-Ri. Otherwise, I'm going to need to start coming up wth all sorts of limitations for Satan's power mimicry that probably aren't going to mesh well with what we actually know about the character]

[Either way, Blah got a 2^209,607,450,000,000,000 speed multiplier via power copy

so that's going into the garbage fire]

Griffin enters the temple and sees his soul. He walks over to it, wary of a trap, but not seeing enemies with his Eyes that See the World.

He reaches for the globe, and it dims and turns transparent as another Griffin, dripping with black goo falls from a portal in the ceiling and crashes into the floor.

Griffin narrows his eyes as his clone begins to stand.

"It seems... that I won't be able to look away from this fight"

Both Griffin's lunge at each other.

[Satan ain't close to Novel Kars/682 Level BS, but I guess he does break the game. I'll switch to Mo-Ri. I'm gonna be less active for a while.]

[I agree that he is not, but he still has "and now i can use your powers" with no really limitable mechanic behind it.]

[Sorry about that :(

[Can the mimicry be limited to martial arts and weapons? I don't know how it works in the series, but that seems to be what Blah is going for. There can be some RW lore reason for it being limited.]

[Kars has something like understanding the concepts behind any ability he sees, letting him use anything he sees at a level way beyond the original.]

[i think so

also, Blah, you're right there, but thats basically Satan sans the "knowing it better than the original user" but]

[I'll just finish my own fight]

My imposter dodges the phone even though he doesn't know what it is, he has a slight feeling it might be dangerous.

Best way to do it, let Pinkie take the handle.

"Tag! You're it."

I immediately start bolting down the temple at high-speeds while the clone also does so, now we're playing tag...

The two scientists crash into each other, their Borg shields buckling under the impact. Both their shields begin to warp, seemingly growing nine giant serpentine heads each, and the heads wrap around each other, biting and tearing at their ethereal "flesh".

Griffin and his clone simultaneously attempt to cause spontaneous explosions in each other's body through the actualization of nuclear fission. Simultaneously, they both instantly calculate the necessary counter formula for the spell, and dispel it before their internal organs are converted to energy.

Portals appear around the room, gateways to ancient stars, heat radiating out from them. If not for the dark magic of the temple containing the heat, the planet's atmosphere would have ignited. Planes of night sky, like tinted glass dotted with stars fill the room at different angles, containing each other's portals and attempting to redirect the heat back onto each other. Both Griffin and his clone observe the motion of atoms, the radiation pouring into the room threatening to fry them both to ashes, and nullify it.

Griffin compresses his Borg into a concentrated shield around his flesh, the serpentine heads shrinking back. His clones Borg heads close in, but before they can get close they are turned aside, the space around Griffin twisted to deny entry. The clone continues the assault, but begins chanting words under his breath, and Griffin feels the formulas around his spell of Twisted Space begin to unravel. Concentrating, he begins chanting himself, repairing the spell as fast as his clone is dispelling them, and increasing the complexity of the formulas, layering them over and over to slow down his clone's efforts. The clone disperses his Borg's serpentine heads and puts all his effort into stripping away the Twisted Space, and Griffin slows his repairs of Twisted Space, seizing on the opening and unleashing a laser of rainbow light, a concentrated beam of radiation across the entire electromagnetic spectrum at his enemy, attempting to burn through his clone's shield.

Back