• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

resistance to sleep manipulation for goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackie chun puts goku under his sleep manipulation and only he himself is able to free goku....he says that goku wont wake up no matter how much anyone screams....

Untitled524
but then out of nowhere goku wakes up on his own after he hears about food....http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Chapter-049?id=260634

the issue is not bulma yelling food.....it is goku listening to it and then deciding on his own that he has to wake up.....this grants him at least some kind of limited resistance to sleep manipulation since he was able to overcome it
Untitled525

just like how someone is under mind control and no matter how much anyone yells to snap out of it...its that person who decides to snap out of it gets the resistance

Tbh, I didn't agree with Repp's reason to close the previous thread because of what I already said there. It was ultimately Goku's action to wake up, which shouldn't be the case normally unless he resisted it to some extent.

The example pointed out in the OP is also in line with it. If I am under a mind control hax, no matter what anyone says to me, if I snap out of it that means I resisted it to some extent. Same with sleep, if I am put under a sleep manipulation hax by a villain from which I can't wake up no matter who comes to my house, and then the love of my life comes and rings the doorbell, if I wake up I am ultimately resisting that hax ovo

@AKM

It's not resistance if they fall asleep first.

If someone fell asleep and then I slapped them awake, that's them responding to the slap and not to the ability.

not true....goku was affected by time stop before he developed resistance....superman was affected by time stop and time slow before he developed resistance.....jiren was stopped momentarily by hit before he showed resistance....goku was first affected by hit's intangible hit before being able to block it....there are several examples of characters also affected by mind control first before they freed themselves....this is the same case

goku was affected first but he freed himself....moreover this is not normal sleep where someone can slap goku and he wakes up, he would still sleep because he is under sleep manipulation hax not sleep inducement...jackie did not only put goku to sleep, he also did so that only he can wake him up....you can see the scan where only jackie could have woken him up....

lets put 1 & 1 together

goku is under jackie's hax from which only jackie can free him no matter what happens

bulma yells food and goku wakes up

then either bulma is capable of freeing people from jackie's hax or goku is capable of freeing himself.....those are the only possible results

First of all hax in DB didn't even work that way and it all got retconned matter of fact. Vegeta was way stronger than Guldo but he got caught in time stop.

Also the fact that Goku went to sleep means he doesn't have resistance. Sleep manipulation is the ability to make someone sleep. If he had resisted going to sleep he would get it but no he went to sleep which means he doesn't get it

The fact that Bumla could wake him up also disproves a lot of your argument

You can still be slapped while asleep and not wake up

Buuhan turned Vegito into chocolate as well

vegeta and guldo do not have anything to do with what i said about developing resistance afterwards....

already responded this point....what you described is basic sleep inducement where someone can put people under normal sleep....not in line with this case

responded above

that is for normal sleep...responded above

buuhan has nothing to do with this

@Neo

No. He needed external stimulus to get out of it, meaning that he's not resistant.

It's the same as saying that if I killed someone with a death spell and someone else revived them, then the killed person should get "possible" resistance to Death Manipulation.

@Calaca

She woke him up by telling him there's food ready.

That's still external stimulus and not resistance on the part of the character.

I won't argue but I think Limited Resistance and not combat applicable is fine. Goku shouldn't have wake up but he still did it.

@Calaca

It's not resistance. Calling it "limited" or "not combat-applicable" doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have it.

you are again ignoring that external stimulus should not have affected goku...even if goku listened to anybody's scream or whatever external stimilus is applied to goku, he should not have woken up until jackie gave the signal....that is written on panel...so even after hearing anything he should not have woken up until jackie was involved

the fact that he woke up means he went beyond the limitations set by the hax....resisted it

'It's the same as saying that if I killed someone with a death spell and someone else revived them, then the killed person should get "possible" resistance to Death Manipulation.'

not the same case. same case will be when only your spell could have revived them and not anybody elses....other people try and try reviving them but failed...and then if the killed person stood up again then he will get resistance to death manipulation

> the fact that he woke up means he went beyond the limitations set by the hax....resisted it

The limitations that we only know about from Master Roshi himself... who quite possibly never used it against anyone that had backup that could wake them up from it.

Roshi may have simply been confident that Goku wouldn't wake up because nobody else he tried it against woke up in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back