• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Overlord775

Ifrit Wasnt Fodder, he got defeated cuz he decided to pull an AoE Fire Circle instead of the pinpointed one. Its stated by Veldora(in Veldora slime journal) that IF it was a pinpointed attack, Ifrit Fire wouldve been able to bypass Rimuru Thermal Fluctuation resistance

Can Rimuru teleport and absorb faster than a thought? Ainz can timestop with a thought. On his profile, it's mentioned that Shadow Step isn't instantaneous like his other teleportation. Plus, Delay Teleportation would probably still work on it.

Where is stated that Ainz's timestop is thought-based, though?

Rimuru's Shadow Step evolved to Spatial Travel in that key; it is faster than Shadow Step; it still somewhat slower teleportation though.

Elizhaa said:
Where is stated that Ainz's timestop is thought-based, though?
Rimuru's Shadow Step evolved to Spatial Travel in that key; it is faster than Shadow Step; it still somewhat slower teleportation though.
Ainz always uses Time Stop with the Silent metamagic, which makes it thought based

Yes it's quite literally him thinking: silent magic (Insert spell)

Technically silent magic is a bit of a misnomer, no spell requires the person casting to speak in overlord that was just a habit from the original yggdrasil game to let your team know what you were casting. What silent magic does is remove the cast time inherent in most spells.

In Overlord, one magic cannot take effect in the time stop, it will working once the time stop is over, TGoALiD is not Ainz first move, he is most unlikely to use that right off the batt, meanwhile if Rimuru absorbs him, even if he can resurrect, he is pretty much screwed since now Rimuru have 700 Ainz's magic.

Oh Im not arguing ainz can win this, i still feel its a stomp just explaining the mechanics of silent magic.

Also to be fair tgoalid can count down during timestop it just can't take effect during it same as any other spell that can be set to a timer during timestop.

Ainz doesn't need to use an offensive spell. I'm saying he can use it to escape if he's ever caught. If he gets that close to being caught, you can bet he'll use TGOALID and let it count down during another timestop. Its cooldown is only 100 hours. It's not like he has much to lose in such a dangerous situation. Heck, iirc, in the side story he stayed away from a random unknown undead for over an hour over almost nothing.

FDrybob said:
Ainz doesn't need to use an offensive spell. I'm saying he can use it to escape if he's ever caught. If he gets that close to being caught, you can bet he'll use TGOALID and let it count down during another timestop. Its cooldown is only 100 hours. It's not like he has much to lose in such a dangerous situation. Heck, iirc, in the side story he stayed away from a random unknown undead for over an hour over almost nothing.
Ainz isn't that dumb, he will never show His trump card the moments His opponent approach him, so there is nothing to bet here, he will never show all of His cards to unknown enemy, once he grasp the situation and know His opponent's ability then he will show His card.

Overlord775 said:
he would use his trump card when he sees Rimuru spamming absorbtion
Delay teleportation will only work once against Rimuru, so no, there is no need to spam absorption if you can absorbs your enemy in the second attempt.

Overlord775 said:
would it be really in-character for Rimuru to just teleport directly next to Ainz to use Absorbtion tho ?
In-character Rimuru is anlyze everything and end it with the most efficient way, plus SBA means both willing to kill, so yeah Rimuru will most likely to kill the distance and absorbs Ainz.

WHYNAUT said:
Willing to kill, but still in-character. Rimuru is often already willing to kill if he has to, so he really wouldn't act any differently. PLus Ainz has resistance to Information Analysis.
Eh, not really the moments he willing to end His opponent he Will use absorption, and yeah not different, because in Anime he is willing to kill only when he is in the cave, fought ifrit and Geld, and guess what? Everyone of them is absorbed by him. Also Ainz Resistance is not conceal His ability but prevent enemy to see His MP and HP plus thats His skill not His resistance

Not really, like against Ifrit Rimuru tried water/ice attacks first and against Geld he tried fire attacks before going for the absorbtion

Of course, for plot reasons. If he could do that then there wouldn't be much of a fight, Great Sage always tries to calculate the best course of action no matter what, this wouldn't be out of character, in fact if Rimuru switched to Great Sage, then it'd be simple as that.

Overlord775 said:
Rimuru likes keeping control tho, so him swiching to GS wouldn't really be likely
Not really, though, that should up until the Ifrit's fight at worst and after that Rimuru learned to fully trusted Great Sage.

That's an argument that could be made for so many characters who don't open up with their best abilities and one that is not seen as valid on the wiki. In-character he more often than not does not instantly teleport and absorb.

You say that after numerous examples where that wasn't the case already have been discussed in this thread. Well we're using Rimuru in-character and he doesn't start off being controlled by GS.

To be fair, it is still one of his first options though. Prominent fights in the Sealed Cave where Rimuru aquired most of his skills early always end-up with absorbtion, for instance.

WHYNAUT said:
You say that after numerous examples where that wasn't the case already have been discussed in this thread. Well we're using Rimuru in-character and he doesn't start off being controlled by GS.
I never said he did, I said it wasn't unlikely that he wouldn't let it happen. Given how cautious he is, and this is early Rimuru, his confidence in his abilities are rather on and off. Him switching to GS, especially against an opponent he can't analyze, definitely isn't out of character in this fight.

At that point he also had far less abilities to choose from. And no one's denying he uses it frequently. It's just not true that he would immediately teleport to Ainz and absorb him.

That is the LN version of Rimuru, My, he is more cautious but even he still trusting of Great Sage in battle; outside of battle condition, Rimuru is still cautious.

The WN version is what I was describing, he is trusting of Great Sage's analysis.

WHYNAUT said:
t's just not true that he would immediately teleport to Ainz and absorb him.
I don't think none of said he try to d this immediatly. He would do it try to do quickly after maybe a few attacks especially since Ainz resist many of his abilities; of course, Great Sage's prediction could make this case faster.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Thing is, Ainz apparently starts with time stop and TGOALID.
nobody reallly said that, he would use TGOALID once his Grasp Hearth fails and gets his strongest spells just nulled

If Ainz sees his reality slash and other spells having no effect, he won't hesitate to use his trump card. He's a skilled strategist; he's not going to preserve TGOALID for no reason. Plus, as I said, he can use Delay Teleportation, Perfect Unknowable, and Time Stop to keep giving himself more time. If he sees his enemy is adapting to his abilities, that will hasten his use of TGOALID even more.

Plus, if Ainz teleports far enough away and puts up anti-divination barriers, I don't think Rimuru would be able to detect him. From there, he could prepare to use TGOALID or just use a Wish.

FDrybob said:
If Ainz sees his reality slash and other spells having no effect, he won't hesitate to use his trump card. He's a skilled strategist; he's not going to preserve TGOALID for no reason. Plus, as I said, he can use Delay Teleportation, Perfect Unknowable, and Time Stop to keep giving himself more time. If he sees his enemy is adapting to his abilities, that will hasten his use of TGOALID even more.

Plus, if Ainz teleports far enough away and puts up anti-divination barriers, I don't think Rimuru would be able to detect him. From there, he could prepare to use TGOALID or just use a Wish.
As i said ainz isnt that dumb, seriously Ainz isnt a dumb strategist like that, thats just silly move, if Ainz see His ability doesnt work against His opponent then it is will make him more hesitate to use His trump card because if His trump card also doesnt work against the opponent he will be doomed since he already reveal His trump card to his opponent, therefore he will gather information regarding His opponent but of course thats will be late since Rimuru can adapt to delay teleportation and absorbs him in an instant, he will not have a chance to run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back