• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rukia Kuchiki vs Saber (Last Vote needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this bloodlust or in character? Cause neither of them would go for their strongest arsenal right of the bat if this is in characters. This version of Rukia doesn't really rely on shooting some ice and shit, but she starts by lowering the temperature of her body which would freeze anything upon contact. Again, Rukia doesn't really need to cut her opponent to operate her absolute zero, she only need a physical contact with her body or her sword.

Considering Saber character, she will resort to CQC first which is the reason why I'm siding with Rukia. While she's not the best swrodswoman, Rukia has gotten even more skilled after her royal guard training, she can hold her own just fine against Saber. Beside, one contact with her, and Saber is screwed.

P.S: Rukia only needs to say "Bankai" to activated her bankai.

@Homu

Saber's Instinct would warn her of what happens if she entered close combat. She'd just get the hell away and use anything but CQC.

Rukia still has Bakudo to restrain Saber, not permanently, but long for Rukia to made a contact with Saber. The strongest Bakudo Rukia ever cast is Rikujokoro, which is Bakudo level 61. Saber instinct won't save her forever.

Heck, even with her instinct, she cannot fully dodge Sasaki's attack as I recall. And all Rukia needs is a physical contact.

@Homu

Then Saber creates distance again with Invisible Air.

That said, is Kido like magic or not? It has incantations and everything.

Kaltias said:
Any amount of energy can warm up an absolute zero object. But it doesn't really matter, considering that the atoms spontaneously fall apart the moment the temperature hits AZ.
Actually, if I remember correctly, this is also incorrect. There is this thing called zero point energy that keeps atoms together even at absolute zero I think

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Heck, even with her instinct, she cannot fully dodge Sasaki's attack as I recall. And all Rukia needs is a physical contact.
Sasaki had rank A Eye of the Mind (True), which is basically another version of Instinct, and that leveled the playing field. Rukia doesn't have such a thing.

Yes, Kido will get nulled, but won't immediately. Resistance doesn't equal immunity, it doesn't matter if it works only for a second, that's enough time for Rukia to made a physical contact.

Edit: Rukia also has Shunpo to keep up with Saber's invinsible air.
Giphyff
This is Rikujokoro by the way, Rukia can uses this.

@Homu

Actually, in Saber's case, anything below its threshold gets outright nulled, not reduced.

So no, it wouldn't lock Saber down at all. You'd need a ritual-level technique to lock Saber down and an extremely powerful one at that like a Hado/Bakudo 80 or 90.

There was a discussion about Absolute Zero requiring an infinite amount of energy or an outright feat of surviving it. IIRC it was from Ryuko vs Samus
I'm still not sure about that tho.

This is completely incorrect

Mistype

Meant to say it kills you even if you can hear it to an infinite amount since it's effect upon physical contact is instant IIRC

@Gargyole

Infinite heat isn't necessary to counter absolute zero. Just enough energy to raise the surrounding temperature back above 0 K.

@Monarch

Yes and no. The nucleus remain intact, but the electrons around the atom would indeed fall apart, or at least that's what I recall. Then again it's all theoretical so ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

@Homu, speed is equalised, so Shunpo is a non-factor. Even if we were to for some reason say it wasn't, Saber has mana burst to buff her strength and speed as well, and combined with her instincts Shunpo would reaslly not be doing much.

It is going to be incredibly difficult in CQC for Saber, question is will she.

It should be noted that Rukia can only maintain her absolute zero temperatures for a few seconds before needing to warm up and thaw again. Normally her temperatures are significantly warmer.

In addition, due to how dangerous her Bankai is, it's far more of a last resort than Excalibur.

Honestly considering how Rukia's bankai works and all, i will actually change my vote on Saber cause she is more likely to just one shot Rukia.

Higher skill, precognition, invisible air, ability to oneshot with Excalibur, Magic Resistance nulling Kido...

Yeah, Saber takes this

I doubt her AZ with shikai can destroy Excalibur, while for the bankai as said before i think excaliblast would come first.

Would it? It first needs to spread through Excalibur and i am not sure about it. Plus can't she like try Avalon(oh you restricted that)thing if the AZ starts spreading or is it instantenous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back