• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rukia Kuchiki vs Saber (Last Vote needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weaknesses: Saber is bound by her honor as a knight, and she'd thus never rely on underhanded or more pragmatic tactics.

This is in characters fight right, I doubt Saber would go excaliblast even if her precog told her not to engage Rukia directly, her pride as knight won't allow her. Saber seems only will use her big attack if her enemy were using their own big attacks. (Against Broskandar, Medusa, and Gil). I've never seen her using excaliblast against someone who mainly rely on cqc.

And she could of moved out of the way.

There's also Herc, and more instances I can't recall.

Basically the only time she fights without it is when both her and her opponent agree to fight fair with no added hax. Like against not cu.

Move to where, jump to the cliff? That's counted as running away in her book. Why run when you can take them out?

I don't recall her using excaliblast right off the bat against Herc. See still keeps trying with cwc even against him. I don't see why she will resort excalibur beam against a small opponent like trulia while in character.

No, the only times she fought without it is when her opponent didn't have huge ass NP (Iskandar chariot, Medusa pegasus, Gil ea). Even she didn't used it against Cu's gae bolg which is hax NP.

Well, every time she sees Gilgamesh she goes for the blast and gets countered by Enuma Elish. But she is the first one to use it, even when Gilgamesh doesn't have Ea by his side.

She got Gae Bolged after like the first exchange of blows and it's the first fight of the war so she would't just reveal her identity. Against Diarmuid it was the same and then she got hit by HP reduction so she couldn't use it. When she could use it again she blasted Gilles and Iskandar chariot. Against Diarmuid they had already gone full chivalry so their rematch she handicapped herself. Lancelot gave her emotional trauma. Against Herc she had to fight him in CQC to lure him away from Shirou.

Yes actually, that fall ain't harming her. Exactly, she has the means and used it right away.

I'm pretty sure she lured Herc away from the piss weak and new master Shirou then excaliblasted Herc as soon as she could. Also think it happened again later on.

Also gil. If she's willing to kill, and doesn't have a discussion with her opponent first to fight on equal footing, Excalibur.

I re-watch the fight and still didn't see her use excaliblast right offf the bat. And she starts to use it when Gil was about to unleash Enuma Elish.

@Ramessess I still don't see her using excaliblast against someone who starts with cqc. Stated in her profile that she won't rely on pragmatic tactic. And this is her in character, and excaliblast... is a pragmatic tactic in this fight.

"The wind starts to twirl and becomes a raging gale to protect her. At the same time, the golden swrod appears.

Shirou: No, Saber...

...It can't be. Saber's going to use the Excalibur here...!? Gilgamesh stops." (...)

Gilgamesh: Then I shall use a weapon appropriate against it.

"He pulls an incongruous 'sword' from the gate behind him."

Saber is using Excalibur even when Gilgamesh didn't have Ea.

@Swagpack That seems like she is only revealing her sword, and not gonna use the beam attack which is the thing we are debating right now.

@jman She only used the beam attack because charging right at a speeding chariot while trying with cqc is the stupidest idea ever.

In case you didn't notice it, I'm talking about her not using the beam attack right off the bat.

It is rather obvious what you're talking about.

Also revealong her sword? Yeah , to use excaliber, at that point im pretty syre everyone knew who she was, why take it off unless youre gonna use the thing that requires it to be off? Also shirou states shes getying ready to use it. Also herc.

Couldn't invisible air just like, blow away all the air around Saber so there's no medium for the absolute zero to travel through to reach her?

And what make you so sure she will used it while in character, which I will point it out again, will not use her instant win attack against someone who doesn't use a big attack....Emphasize BIG.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
as I recall, invisivle air took form of winds, AZ works anything that touch rukia so it can still reaches her.
It creates a vacuum around Saber when she uses it, so AZ can't reach her through the air.

She used it the moment she was able to, why do ya think was luring him away from shirou? Fighting.and going all out would get him killed.

AZ needs something to spread through... literally, you've been saying that's why Saber dies the moment excalibur hits Rukia, because the AZ travels through her sword.

AZ creates a vacuum around her, so the AoE component of Rukia's AZ is nullified as it has nothing to spread through.

Because think about it, she's actually used Excalibur more times than she used cqc. Also willing to kill, no prior chivalry agreement.

Monarch Laciel said:
AZ needs something to spread through... literally, you've been saying that's why Saber dies the moment excalibur hits Rukia, because the AZ travels through her sword.

AZ creates a vacuum around her, so the AoE component of Rukia's AZ is nullified as it has nothing to spread through.
And it spreads through the air.

If she's close enough to do that, then it's too late for her anyway.

The fight is in character right? i'm talking to you Gar.

Edit: Gar, monarch said vacuum which mean there is no air at all at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back