• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I've never seen that word as anything but an "asshole"-tier insult- I understand it might not be, but it's not an uncommon misconception. A permaban or a very long one seems silly to me.

I definitely don't want us to permanently ban members who are productive and well-behaved 99% of the time for losing their temper and common sense once in a while. I also don't consider the c-word anywhere near as bad as the n-word, but it is my bad for forgetting to add it to our autocensor filter. I have now corrected that mistake.

Fandom, who are considerably more oversensitive than we are, also only tend to ban for a few months for using slurs unless they were used in a very bigoted manner.

Maybe a 1-week ban for both of the people who were involved in the yelling match would be appropriate in this case?

First of all, not everyone knows saying the C word outloud is part of the slur word feature. I searched the entire thread, and I do not recall him ever saying the C word outloud. The only one who actually said the word outloud is Zark. Though she didn't really say it with malicious intentions and simply thought Chariot was saying it, but she should have censored or simply said "He called people 4 letter C words" or what not. Since even quoting them is something Fandom doesn't like.

But even so, I don't think anyone should be banned, but any uses of slur words if they happened should be edited or removed for safety precautions. But several users do deserve their warnings.

I disagree with banning Zephyr. A meme calling someone's arguments mental gymnastics is not banworthy. Using a slur word is. I am fine with a one week ban for Chariot.
First of all, not everyone knows saying the C word outloud is part of the slur word feature. I searched the entire thread, and I do not recall him ever saying the C word outloud. The only one who actually said the word outloud is Zark. Though she didn't really say it with malicious intentions and simply thought Chariot was saying it, but she should have censored or simply said "He called people 4 letter C words" or what not. Since even quoting them is something Fandom doesn't like.

But even so, I don't think anyone should be banned, but any uses of slur words if they happened should be edited or removed for safety precautions. But several users do deserve their warnings.
So a strict warning for Chariot then?

I honestly don't think this is particularly ban worthy but even then, banning Chariot and not the instigator is silly.
It's not silly. You have to look at their actions. Instigating something with a meme calling someone's logic mental gymnastics just calling someone's logic mental gymnastics in a mocking way. That's not ban worthy. Just give them a warning to not instigate shit.

But that doesn't give me or anybody the right to use a slur on anybody. That action is far worse.

Saying that both offenses are equal is what's silly.

Fandom, who are considerably more oversensitive than we are, also only tend to ban for a few months for using slurs unless they were used in a very bigoted manner.
I distinctly remember the 2018 drama where a FANDOM staff member made it pretty clear that using four slur words under any context is permaban worthy, even if you're just quoting someone. The C word was one of them. I don't know if they changed their rules or not, but I was going off of that information. Needless to say, the main issue is that you can't get away trying to use slurs to insult somebody simply because it got autocensored.

And it doesn't matter if some people don't consider the C word a big deal. If I say I or my country doesn't consider the N word a big deal, doesn't mean it's okay for me to use it on a global platform that does.

I think we all agree that some Fandom staff members are "Too extreme" with their practices. And while we do unfortunately have to abide by their laws, I do not think saying one out of context slur should be ban worthy. First time use should just be warning worthy + editing out to remove it. Especially if it's done by accident. But again, Chariot never actually said the C word outloud. He did say things like "*******" as an adverb, but that's not that bad. And he said some unknown censored swear words, but it looks like they started with an A. So at worst, he loosely called some people Asshats/Assholes and what not. Which is rude and warning worthy, but not ban worthy. Ass isn't a slur word.

First time use should just be warning worthy + editing out to remove it. Especially if it's done by accident. But again, Chariot never actually said the C word outloud. He did say things like "*******" as an adverb, but that's not that bad. And he said some unknown censored swear words, but it looks like they started with an A. So at worst, he loosely called some people Asshats/Assholes and what not.
I don't know if you read that thread or even my earlier comments, but if you go back and read some of my earlier comments, you'll know that Chariot used the C word out loud twice (which got autocensored, he didn't censor it). It was not out of context, it was meant as a direct insult. And he doubled down and used it again a third time after Zark called him out on that.

From what I recall, Fandom told me that ban lengths for using the n-word, for example, varied depending on the context involved. For example, Kepekley was banned for 2 months after using it as a quote.

The c-word is far less extreme than the n-word though. Traditionally it has been used as a curse word, not a full slur.

Anyway, maybe we should ban Chariot for a week then, to make sure that he is much more careful in the future.

Still maintain that the auto censor censors too much, which makes it problematic to a degree. I get people may not like seeing the implied word but thats life. Not saying anything else but that here cuz theres a lot to read through.

We have to use an auto-censor in order to maintain the Fandom standards without constantly having to ban productive members who slip up, and also for Google AdSense to accept us as a subscriber to their services. In addition, we are at least trying hard to maintain a friendly environment here.

Anyway, maybe we should ban Chariot for a week then, to make sure that he is much more careful in the future.
I am obviously fine with this. And maybe we should make it clear in our rules that using slurs is banworthy and the C word is considered one of them. Because a lot of people are under the impression that just because this is an external site, it's okay to use and that the word isn't a big deal because it's common in some countries. However we treat this, it needs to be clarified to avoid future confusion.

If you ban Chariot for a week you should also bas Zephyros for a week.
See here.

I think it should be toggle-able imo, for staff at least then so we can moderate effectively.
We have to use an auto-censor in order to maintain the Fandom standards without constantly having to ban productive members who slip up, and also for Google AdSense to accept us as a subscriber to their services. In addition, we are at least trying hard to maintain a friendly environment here.

No one should get banned. Just a warning to both.

And it would be really unfair to ban the guy who got instigated.

Sure he acted really bad after wards but that's the normal heat of the moment, you are upset for a while but eventually cool off. He seems to have dropped the issue already.

Last edited:
I agree with AKM that we should preferably ban Chariot for a week for saying the slur. We need to maintain some sort of standards here after all, and it is a very brief, almost symbolic, ban.

Ignoring the complaints for even a ban instead of a stern warning, the trouble is we will not ban the purposeful instigator along with the person who was instigated and said the swear.

I disagree with the notion that he has to be banned at all based on the context of the situation and I'm not understanding fully how we've suddenly shifted to this conclusion, Chariot would not have said that in the first place had someone not posted a condescending meme about his stance.

Both should be warned because it took two people for this to happen, not one, and if the ban is purely symbolic as to respect FANDOM's rules then he shouldn't need anything more than a few days to acknowledge that he was indeed punished.

Why do I feel like this is more of a "guy getting the punishment but not the girl" situation. If she egged him on then she deserves it as well

Honestly, this isn't even ban worthy at all. All yall gotta do is give them a strict warning, I mean its not like Chariot fist word was to call her that anyways.

I disagree with the notion that he has to be banned at all based on the context of the situation and I'm not understanding fully how we've suddenly shifted to this conclusion, Chariot would not have said that in the first place had someone not posted a condescending meme about his stance.
Being condescending and using a slur word are two different things. People get heated and say stuff like "don't use mental gymnastics" in almost every thread. This is not a banworthy offense. Warning-worthy, sure.

Using a slur word, however, is a banworthy offense. It doesn't matter if you're being condescending to me, if I use a slur word as a response then I did something banworthy and I will get banned. You didn't make me say a slur word, I said it on my own volition. When I could have said a number of different things in return, I chose to say that.

An offense worth 5 points doesn't justify an offense worth 50 points in return.

and if the ban is purely symbolic as to respect FANDOM's rules then he shouldn't need anything more than a few days to acknowledge that he was indeed punished.
This is not to respect FANDOM's rules alone. Slur words in general are banworthy and always have been on the wiki. The point about FANDOM is only to say that they treat it far more strictly than us, doesn't mean we don't punish for that.

Correction saying that someone is using mental gymnastics is not even a warning alert because isnt even offensive that is like saying that saying that someone using fallacies is warning alert worth it

Correction saying that someone is using mental gymnastics is not even a warning alert because isnt even offensive that is like saying that saying that someone using fallacies is warning alert worth it
True. But a lot of people seem to think that saying that is enough to get a slur thrown in your face as a response and both are equal offenses, which is just shocking to me.

Honestly im in agreement with AKM. I don't know what world we're in where someone saying someones argument is mental gymnastics is somehow in the same tier of someone outright using a slur as an insult on purpose.

Can I just say, again, I wasn't even aware that this word in particular was actually considered that bad. Kinda hard to avoid saying a word that's allegedly super bad when there's no indication anywhere on site that it is super bad. Bad sure, maybe on par with something like "****" or "asshole" in my opinion, but that bad? There is simply no way I would have known without it being said anywhere on site, which it evidently isn't.

Can I just say, again, I wasn't even aware that this word in particular was actually considered that bad. Kinda hard to avoid saying a word that's allegedly super bad when there's no indication anywhere on site that it is super bad. Bad sure, maybe on par with something like "****" or "asshole" in my opinion, but that bad? There is simply no way I would have known without it being said anywhere on site, which it evidently isn't.
^ Same here. I didn't expect it to be this bad. I thought it was just a normal insult like the other ones, not something that would ******* crucify you for saying it.

Back